FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Some mornings...

Author Topic: Some mornings...
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
I was supposed to take a friend to the airport this morning. So I go outside to get to my car. Unfortunately some idiot has blocked my car and about eight others in (it's a long, narrow lot with only one entrance and he's parked right smack in the middle of it). So I go and lean on my horn for a bit, hoping the culprit will hear it and realize someone needs to get out (it always worked at one of previous complexes). Nothing. So I call leasing agency to get the car towed - it also doesn't have a permit for the lot (though why that should surprise me...). I then called my friend and we decided to use her car since I still couldn't get mine out.

She picks me up, it's the first time I've been in her car and we're halfway to the airport when I realize it's a stick shift. After a very brief internal debate, I decided to tell her about my very, very limited experience driving stick. I then reassure her by telling her that first car I drove stick was a Porsche and I didn't break it (yeah, my dad's a masochist). I do, however, refrain from telling her that both times I'd driven stick were five years ago. She had enough to worry about, right?

So we get to the airport, I get in the driver's seat and I very slowly begin to make my way home. And I'm very proud of the fact that I only stalled once! And I survived several stops on an incline. In fact, I'm so proud of myself that I'm willing to stay that I can, in fact, drive stick - just not very well.

In conclusion, people who park others in really, really suck. And it's a good think that I walk to class 'cause the car is still blocking mine and it's time for me to head to class. I am disappointed that I won't be around to see the car towed.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
How inconsiderate! Had I been there, I would have left a scolding note on the windshield. That'll teach them!

OH! Or maybe write it directly on the window. With lipstick. That would be a sweet revenge.

(um, I think I need to go and work on my revenge repertoire...)

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean. I get annoyed when our neighbor's friends park blocking part of our driveway (so that it makes it interesting for me for me to pull into that side of the garage).

I also have to think that the universe has definite sense of irony. I've been planning to replace my truck this fall. I've had some problems with it lately, which have made me pretty firm about getting something else before the end of the year. I had problems with it earlier this week and got it working again last night, so I could drive it to work this morning and get in a fender bender. [ROFL] So it'll be fun to see what happens in the next couple days - whether the insurance will pay to fix it or whether they total it out.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we should have a revenge repertoire thread maybe... [Evil]
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm finally back from class. The offending car of the morning is gone - I still really hope it got towed. However, there's another car that's not parked in a space and sort of blocking in other cars (it's parked at the end of the driveway of the little house that's located in my parking lot - yeah, it's a really weird parking lot). I could get out, but I wouldn't be able to turn around so I'd have to back out - and it's a not a street you'd want to back onto. The two other cars at my end however would have a much harder time and quite possibly would not be able to make it.

I'm not too worried about it though. I've got nowhere to go right now and the situation is slightly better.

And I definitely would have had some nice revenge on the guy if I'd had time and could have made sure there were no witnesses.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
"Living well is the best revenge"

Maybe you could get back at the inconsiderate parkers by getting a fancier car. You know, the kind where strangers ask you for mustard when you are stopped at a traffic light.

That'd show them!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.