FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I am in desperate need of help. Really. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I am in desperate need of help. Really.
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Or snaps
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
*LOOKS FOR ZIPPER*
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Ketchup packets
Keyboard keys
Aluminum packaging for pills

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Key ring?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad you're not around here... I have a whole bunch of silver junk you could have.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah..
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Pencil lead
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Dental fillings?
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Tools
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

-staples
-metal part of hair bands
-barrettes
-the reverse of an old mercury/glass thermometer (careful with that!)

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

quote:
Originally posted by Zalmoxis:
Dental fillings?

Dang, if only I didn't need them...
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

5 left!
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

4left!!! I painted a leaf in green.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Tinsels or party decorations
towelette/condom packaging

I'll bet you can get lots of different silver-colored thing from those 50 cents toy vending machines you see at local supermarkets.

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Good point -- stickers, plastic aliens and little rubber balls all come in silver at those vending machines.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd raid the garbage. [Smile]

Artsy teachers love junk in art. [Wink]

You can buy little mirrored tiles at a craft store.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

wooo....I'll go for stickers, I think I need only ONE more. [Big Grin]
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Not trying to be pissy, but I'm just curious. . . why is this different from any other 'do your own homework" thread? The point of an art class is the student being creative. If someone asked for help on an essay, they'd be jumped on within the first five posts. Does Hatrack writ large feel this is different because it's not an "academic" assignment?

</devil's advocate>

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Oh, that's because I have an artist's block. Just look at my "I need psi help" thread. yeah, I feel pretty messed up, I don't feel it so much , I just a little something to give me ideas. I'm doing the most difficult work wich is actually finding and arranging these things on the paper in a way that they portray something.
ElJay
Member # 6358

No disrespect to you, AoD, but what I'm really interested in is the answers of the people who've been helping you, particularly regarding if they're treating it differently because it's an art assignment. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not trying to be pissy, but I'm just curious. . . why is this different from any other 'do your own homework" thread? The point of an art class is the student being creative. If someone asked for help on an essay, they'd be jumped on within the first five posts. Does Hatrack writ large feel this is different because it's not an "academic" assignment?
Actually, education in general is moving toward acceptance of collaborative effort. It's a hard thing to evalulate for a grade, which is (I think) why historically we've told students to do their own work, but collaborative work habits are very useful skills to have, and help bypass a lot of the pitfalls of education, such as the teacher to student ratio.
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Skipping all of that, I AM DONE!!!!!! I LOVE THE WAY IT LOOKS!! SO SHINY AND BRIGHT!!!!!!!! YEAH, I LOVE THE WAY IT LOOKS LIKE, WISH ME LUCK PEOPLE!
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck!
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

First of all, let me thank Kabob Queen, you're always there when I need you, you soothe me in a thunderstorm and are like a mother figure for Hatrack. Next, I'd like to thank the following people, Parsimony, Unicorn Whisper, Farm Girl, Ludosti, Goody Screwdriver [Razz] , Zalmoxis, star Lisa, Beren One Hand, Tom Davidson, pH, Treason, Noemon, Mandy M, Beverly, and yes, El Jay. Thank you all!!!!!!!
For those that I didn't mention, I'm sorry! I'm sure I forgot your name! But Thank you too!

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:

</devil's advocate>

ElJay, I was wondering that while reading the thread as well. I did come up with one possibility (besides the fact that people were having lots of fun with the challenge [Wink] ). Sounds like even after people gave AoD ideas, she still had to figure out how to make them work in her collage.
quote:
Originally posted by Altáriël of Dorthonion:
I used that can tab to make a boat anchor.. [Big Grin]

If someone asked for that sort of help on homework (like how to learn how to do a certain type of math problem), lots of us would give links, neh?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
The part of a pencil that holds the eraser on.

My remote control for the TV.

The metal part of a floppy disk.

A push pin.

A colored pencil.

The foil seal on the inside of a condiment bottle.

Silverware.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Dremels are great for LOTS of things. I even use mine (with a little sandpapery attachment thingy) to file down my dog's nails.
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck! And this is one homework assignment I have no qualms about helping with. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Your dog's nails are silver? Cool!

Can AoD have one for her project? [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I agree. We just gave her ideas of objects to use, she still had to compose her own collage. If I threw all those things together, it would probably look really bad. She put them together carefully and made art. That's the difference. [Smile]

BTW, I have a special affection for you, Alty. That is why you are the ONLY one who may call me "Kabob Queen." [Wink]

Sharpie
Member # 482

- posted      Profile for Sharpie   Email Sharpie         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure -- anyone can have my dog's nails. I see no reason to keep hoarding them...
Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I just came back from school guys, my teacher liked the project! She thought it was kind of hard to understand at first though, kind of cluttered, she put it. She took two points off this 15 point assignment. Oh well, that sucks ,but at least it didn't harm my grade that much. THANKS GUYS!!!
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
the final is only worth 15 points?
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Is your grade out of a total of 100? Or even 50? (I had a class like that-- each assignment was, like, 5 points.)
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Can we get a picture?
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I'll try to get a picture, but since its all silver, I'm sure I'll have a problem with glare. Anyhoot, my class grade WAS out of 100, so 15 points was worth a lot.
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I say you build a bomb with a mercury trigger. Or maybe just an aluminum bowl full of mercury for your teacher to inhale and absorb through the skin, just for giving you such an irritating final.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
EDIT: Bother. Second page.

EDIT: Just wait until things are worth 40% or 50% or more of your grade! That's when 15% projects look tiny.

[Wink]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I can kinda see that sort of interpretation, rivka, but I'd tend away from it based on the fact that the teacher told them they couldn't just spray-paint items the right color. To me, this means that part of the assignment is the figuring out what to use. Artistic thinking outside the box. Otherwise, why would she have specified how many different types of items needed to be used? Except for to keep the projects from being boring. [Wink]

Anyway, no big deal on way or the other. . . I just thought it was curious.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
You have a point. [Smile]

So I will simply comment again that Hatrackers were having fun. [Big Grin]

After all, this thread is just full of shiny things . . . [Wink]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Yeah, I know. And nobody even mentioned razor blades!

[Wink]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
heh....shiny... [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I usually like helping people with homework. Homework is a lot more fun when it's somebody else's.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.