FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Had Eye Surgery today

Author Topic: Had Eye Surgery today
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
My eye hurt so badly, now...I know I shouldn't be in front of the computer, but the pain is driving me crazy and I have to do something to distract myself. I have urges of banging my head on the wall, right now. [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash]

Sorry for the rant. It's just that I don't remember being in so much physical pain in a looong time (if ever). [Frown]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
Use the eye you had surgery on to look at something soothing, preferably in a different direction from your good eye.

Edit: Seriously though, would a cool compress work? Or is that something that would exacerbate the pain?

Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
when I had eye surgery they gave me some white eye drops that dulled the pain and were also an antiseptic. (and left a nasty taste in the back of my throat)

Didn't they give you some of that?

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of eye surgery?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Ed, I hope you are OK.

I have a stye, and it hurts...

maybe it is a sympathy pain? [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I have (or had, since I had surgery to correct it...) what we call in Portuguese "estrabismo". I've heard the words "lazy eyes" or "squint" about it in english. It's when your eyes have a kind of...deviation. When I am distracted it seems that I'm looking to two different places, since each eye will turn to opposite directions.
So, I finally had it corrected today (1 eye. The other will be corrected this december). The doctor gave me painkillers, but how can I put it? They don't work on me as well as they should. I'm highly resistant to painkillers. Now I can't even sleep. :-(. But the pain is dulling a little, I guess. Tomorrow I'll go to the doctor again.

Now, back to banging my head.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I have found that the only good painkillers do is if you have enough of them to make it so you don't care about the pain anymore. It's still gonna hurt. (Which doesn't mean I advocate overdosing, I don't. I just acknowledge that painkillers don't work at killing pain.)

I hope you are feeling better soon.
Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Hope you feel better soon, Eduardo. Eye pain is the worst, because it's so frightening along with being painful. (To me, anyway.)
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

I'm way better now. My eye is still a little swollen and tender but, in accord to the doctor, it should be expected. I've got a prescription now that is working wonders.

Well...I just hope the surgery corrected my eyes, hehehe. It'll be worthwhile.

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Be well buddy.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, take care! I've been wondering how your surgery went. When I had that done a long time ago, they told me to put hot compresses on my eyes and it helped a lot. I would just get a washcloth and soak it in water just as hot as I could stand. Then fold it in fourths and press it to my eye, whichever one was hurting. After it cooled I would refold so the warm side was out again.

Also instead of reading myself, I had a kind person to read out loud to me for about a month afterwards. It gave my eye muscles time to heal.

Good luck, Eduardo! I hope the surgery does all you hope. Take care of yourself.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Hi, Tatiana. The doctor told me to apply cold compresses to my eye. Go figure, eh? Anyway, unfortunatelly I can't take a month off. I have only till thursday to have my eye back in shape. But I guess I'll be ok. I'm way, way better now.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.