FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Talking about Artists

Author Topic: Talking about Artists
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Rather than Googling, I'll ask you all. Does the name CJ Esherr mean anything to anyone. I'm probably spelling it wrong. But I hear that the artwork of this particular person might interest me.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
MC Escher maybe?
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

That is a possibility. Is one of his paintings, or whatever, of a hand drawing a hand drawing the hand that is drawing the hand that is drawing the hand? Is there a website with a lot of work by this artist on it?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's MC Escher.

And if you just Google that name, you'll find more websites with images than you can shake a stick at.

And then you can go to Google Images and find even more!

I LOVE his work. Don't violate copyrights, though. It's not public domain by LONG stretch.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and yes.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Thank you! That stuff is pretty nuts. But I love it already.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, he is strange and wierd. What isn't to like.

(PS, by next week I might be taking a job in Sullivan---Betz Printing by the park)

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

That is neat-o. I see that once or twice a month. I'd tell you about the people who work there, but I don't know any of them.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.