FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Question for Puppy re: Game Development

Author Topic: Question for Puppy re: Game Development
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

- posted      Profile for Wonder Dog           Edit/Delete Post 
Consider this completely out of the blue:

Next semester I'm taking a game mod class here at the uni, and we'll be building a project from the ground up using the tools that ship with Unreal Tournament 2004. I remember you talking about your work with the Samauri Jack game a while back... was it based on the Unreal engine? If so, could you point me in the direction of some good online resources for scripting, etc...? I'll probably be working with the scripting team in the class. Oh, and I already have a copy of Mastering Unreal Technology by Busby & Co.

(BTW, this isn't just for Puppy; anyone else with advice/questions, feel free to post. I know at least one other Hatracker here is a game modder...)

Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a cool class. I kind of wish I had classes like that.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

Yah, it'll be intense, but hopefully also a blast.

***BUMP!***

[ September 29, 2005, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Wonder Dog ]

Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
We didn't use Unreal for Samurai Jack, but we DID use it for Shark Tale, and one of my colleagues found me a great tutorial online that I can't for the life of me remember how to find. I'll try to track it down and let you know where it is ...
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

Thank you so much! Feel free to email it to me or post the linky here.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.