FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Possible to watch "Serenity" without seeing "Firefly"

Author Topic: Possible to watch "Serenity" without seeing "Firefly"
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Since it seems a couple of people have already seen "Serenity," I was wondering about their opinion regarding how it'll do for non-fans of the show.

I talked my roommate into seeing it with me sometime because the trailers all looked hysterical, but neither of us has seen the show. I assume that it would have been a bad move on the profit end of things if this was a movie that could only be enjoyed by loyal fans. Does the movie have any kind of set-up for people who've never seen an episode of Firefly?

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I read an interview with Joss saying that in the first ten minutes of the movie he explained who everybody was and their relationships to one another. So I would say yes. But I haven't seen the movie yet.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
t is definitely easier if you've seen the show, and the character relationships will mean more to you. But it's not necessary.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
I went with three people who had never seen Firefly. They enjoyed it a lot, but I don't think they got a lot of the little things.
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going. I even knitted one of them hinky chapeauses. Though I'm not going to wear it.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
You really really should though!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.