FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Students on Facebook? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Students on Facebook?
Hmm216
Member # 8403

- posted      Profile for Hmm216   Email Hmm216         Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious if their are any college students here that are on facebook? If you are a student and your not on it I would totally recommend you getting on! It is a great way to get in touch with old friends!
Posts: 218 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hmm216
Member # 8403

Oh sorry...

If you are interested go to www.Facebook.com.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I am.

(and I keep messing up my post! O_o)

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on facebook. [Smile] It's highly addictive, but lots of fun!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hmm216
Member # 8403

quote:
Originally posted by Raia:
I'm on facebook. [Smile] It's highly addictive, but lots of fun!

I cant agree with you more! I just got on this week and everytime I sit down at my computer I have more friends. Plus I cant stop searching for old friends! I love it!
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Loyola Chicago facebook and a Loyola New Orleans facebook.

But Myspace is way better.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on facebook.

I think facebook is way better, pH. [Razz]

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I love facebook. And it is addictive. I love looking at all the different groups.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I meet WAY more people through Myspace than through Facebook. [Razz]

And I get invited to way more parties and events that way.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

It's the opposite for me, Pearce. [Razz]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Facebook = myspace with fewer features, intellectual snobbery, and a confined age range...

Then again, they've kind of given up on being snobs and opened it up to the "stupid" schools.

That, and Myspace is the new home of every pervert on the internet.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
My younger sister convinced me to join...so I am on it now
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on Facebook. A sort of funny story about Facebook. I got an invite earlier in the week to join an "I love Prussia" group (I assume since I'm a Historical Studies major). When I joined, I made a post about a semi-serious theory about things related to Prussia. The group creator replied with something, and I replied back with more theories. When I checked back last night, I had gained an officer position and a title. That title is Chief of Historical Speculation & Supposition. I laughed, because it's just such a great (and lengthy) title.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Myspace = confusing site design and music when you don't want to hear it.

Though it's good for up and coming bands, I'll give it that much.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what's great? Being on Facebook when you're over 28 years old. It's like you can hear the tumbleweeds blow by. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, all the Myspace Hatrackers should hook up and become friends. It would be nice to get a better sense of your personalities. I'm already friends with AoD and now, Frisco.
Here is my Myspace so you all can come say "hi" if you like.

Nikki

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops, just realized I hijacked your thread. I'll start a different one for this, if you want. Let me know.
Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Another reason why I don't Myspace: too many random images. It gives a sensory overload.
BunnV
Member # 6816

- posted      Profile for BunnV   Email BunnV         Edit/Delete Post 
I joined Facebook a while before it became popular at my school, so it started out very impractical for me, at least. One of the reasons I began using it was when I was doing recruitment visits representing my college at my old high school. I had to organize the visit by finding all the alumni from my high school that were attending my college, and apparently the admissions office did not have a database of this information (or didn't feel like looking it up for me)-- considering that this recruitment visit is in an effort to help them. To make a long story short, thanks to the growing popularity of facebook I was able to type in my highschool name and then message or email a number of alumni who later agreed to join in (also informed of other non-facebook alumni) making the representation much stronger for the recruitment visit.

Edit: Feel free to "friend" me. [Big Grin]

Posts: 326 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Brag, brag, brag...
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

BunnV, that would be much easier if we actually knew your name... [Wink]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BunnV
Member # 6816

quote:
BunnV, that would be much easier if we actually knew your name... [Wink]

Haha, oops, It's "Jorge Medina," which actually comes up with several results on global search, so just pick the guy from University of Florida. [Cool]
Posts: 326 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure this will work, but....

Me!

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

That didn't work (it just linked to the main page for me). I'll try linking mine though.

Me

EDIT: Odd, that link for some reason eliminates my 5 friends at UTD. *shrugs* Oh well.

Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Loyola Chicago facebook.

Loyola New Orleans facebook.

I get two. [Razz] Because I am awesome times two.

Send me a message if you add me, though.

-pH

blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Odd, does it work for anyone else?

I can't get to Ph's I think you have to link to your profile rather than your home.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the link to a person's profile redirects to the user's homepage. This is the link to my profile:

http://asu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10004721

And I suspect that if you click on it, you will be sent to your own profile. If you guys all want to add me, you can just search for my name (Amy Teegarden--I'm pretty sure I'm the only one). Send me a message first, because I generally reject friend requests from people I don't recognize.

I use Facebook primarily for keeping in touch with friends from high school. I actually don't use it that often, but it's nice to have.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

You have to either be at the same school or be friended to see a person's profile. That's probably why it doesn't work.

BunnV, thanks! *adding* [Smile]

Raia
Member # 4700

Erm, you don't exist. There are three Jorge Medinas, and none are from the University of Florida.
Avadaru
Member # 3026

http://lsu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=23400625&l=850660ba5c

If that one doesn't work, I'm Jane Cannon at LSU.

pH
Member # 1350

Avadaru, you like good music! [Smile]

...and I don't see My Chemical Romance listed! Yes!

-pH

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally joined Facebook last night, after at least of year of pleas by friends to join. It took about a half hour for my mail box to be swamped with facebook related things.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
I am on facebook [Smile]
Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BunnV
Member # 6816

quote:
Erm, you don't exist. There are three Jorge Medinas, and none are from the University of Florida.

Ah, sorry about that. I just finished changing my privacy settings, I didn't know I had it set so only other people from my school could see me. Hope you seem me now. Thanks for letting me know. [Smile]
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I added my picture to facebook (instead of one of my other random images). So now all of you can see what I look like. Have fun with that.
Raia
Member # 4700

I'm Shani Wahrman at DePauw. [Smile]

And I just added a bunch of you. Those I managed to find. So if you get a random friend invitation, that's who I am.

Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I am the only Allegra Hale on Facebook
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

My link should work. If it doesn't I'm Andrew Murphy at UT-Dallas.
BunnV
Member # 6816

Whoo! I see you Raia. [Big Grin]

Ah, now I can go hatracker hunting on facebook, heh heh heh. [Cool]

Edit: Is it just me, or do everyone's introductions sound AA-ish? "Hi. My name is (name), and I'm on Facebook" ::averts eyes::

BunnV
Member # 6816

quote:
Originally posted by pfresh85:
I added my picture to facebook (instead of one of my other random images). So now all of you can see what I look like. Have fun with that.

Cool picture, Andrew. It's "proof" that it is you. [Smile]
pfresh85
Member # 8085

Yeah, I'd remove the watermark if I could, but I can't (or I was too lazy to, I forget which). It's still a decent picture though.
Raia
Member # 4700

It is! I agree!!! [Wink]
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. If you get an invite from someone named 'Lydia', that's me. [Smile]

If you don't, then I don't know how to find you.

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm more into Myspace, but I'll try Facebook just to see how it goes.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BunnV
Member # 6816

quote:
Originally posted by Miro:
Heh. If you get an invite from someone named 'Lydia', that's me. [Smile]

If you don't, then I don't know how to find you.

Is that you backpacking? How was that?
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, that's me. The pic is from Yosemite a couple summers ago. I was part of a volunteer crew that spent a month in the backcountry. We cleaned up fire rings and campsites and hunted down some invasive weeds. It was awesome. [Smile]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

pH, I can't find you!
BunnV
Member # 6816

quote:
Originally posted by Miro:
Yep, that's me. The pic is from Yosemite a couple summers ago. I was part of a volunteer crew that spent a month in the backcountry. We cleaned up fire rings and campsites and hunted down some invasive weeds. It was awesome. [Smile]

Well done! Smokey would be proud.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on Facebook, MySpace, and LJ...I'm an internet junkie. [Wink]

So if any of you get messages from Lisa at Clemson, it's me. [Smile]

edited to add: Facebook Me

[ October 06, 2005, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

To find me on facebook, search for Pearce Holland at either Loyola New Orleans or Loyola Chicago.

And my Myspace is here. But like I said, send a message when you add me, or I won't add you back.

And my Livejournal name is "yourprecious."

-pH

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.