FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fleur Delacour (in HP4, the movie)

Author Topic: Fleur Delacour (in HP4, the movie)
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I was on mugglenet and I just saw this picture of the actress who's playing Fleur Delacour. And I find it funny, because if I hadn't known who she is supposed to play, she would have strike me as the perfect American young girl. [Smile]
Who said stereotypes?

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Her sister looks so adorable. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think of American girls as a little more athletic and/or robust. She looks too delicate to be American.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiro1000
Member # 6905

- posted      Profile for hiro1000   Email hiro1000         Edit/Delete Post 
She looks totalty french. Blond hair can't see the eyes though. This of course comming from a french person.
Posts: 37 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I am biased since I have seen other pics of her before. She seems very dainty and very French.

But I agree that in that particular picture she looks more American.

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Hiro, me too!
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
She needs a beret and a croissant.

[Smile]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
And what's the deal with the smile? Shouldn't she have a fixed sneer?
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Her sister is near. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think she looks Russian
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
Russian girls invariably look like Arnold Shwarzeneggar.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Russian girls invariably look like Arnold Shwarzeneggar.
Yeah, especially this girl, this one, and this one
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, it appears I was temporarily possessed by Jebus.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Besides, the governator (I won't bother writing that imposible name of his down), is from Austria, not Russia.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

So?
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what I think Fleur should look like, but somehow more ethereal and less "girl next door." I don't think I have any fixed ideas of what French girls look like as opposed to American girls, though. Looks French to me. Just not necessarily half-veela-ish!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to play Fleur after I had finished the book back in my junior high days. Ah, digging_holes, I'm just pointing that out to irk you. *poke poke*
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw the preview, I wished her hair had been a little more silvery and a little less blonde.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
That picture does make her look a bit American, stereotypically speaking.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
i picture fleur more womanly shaped..not chubby by any means..but curves...i dunno...she just seems rather stickly for fleur...maybe thats just me...lol
Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
She seems to skinny to me. And too blonde. And she smiles too much. And she is too blue. And isn't her skin supposed to give off a sort of radiance?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

quote:
Looks French to me. Just not necessarily half-veela-ish!
That's because all of the half-veelas they auditioned were horrible actresses.
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
she doesn't look half or even part Veela to me either.
Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
e looks totalty french. Blond hair can't see the eyes though.
All the french women I've known have been brunettes. In fact, in my travels in France, I've rarely seen blonds. The stereotypical french man is never blond, why is the stereo typical french woman blond rather than dark haired.

Blonds are far more common in Northern Europe (Germany, Netherlands, Scandanavia) than they are in France.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm back just to comment this ! [Wink]

For one time an american movie don't shows a stereotype, I'm happy. And I'd like to add she's beautiful like all french girls. (like Anna [Smile] )

See ya for a next comment...

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

Aww, Choobak, don't make me blush!
*blushes anyway*

Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
And just in one message, i make blushing a pretty girl...

See and learn, men !

No, Anna, I'm sorry, i make a mistake. Indeed I would say "especially Anna" and not "like Anna". [Wink]

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dropofTapioca
Member # 7867

- posted      Profile for dropofTapioca   Email dropofTapioca         Edit/Delete Post 
hmm...impossible expectations....
Posts: 32 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.