FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gmar Chatima Tova

Author Topic: Gmar Chatima Tova
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Gmar Tov, all.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
And an easy fast!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... tried to fast, but then was tempted by peanut butter and milk. At least I went to the cynagogue - the only reform one we have in the range of, like, fifty miles.
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
And the same to you!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I shall eat and drink to your health and continued prosperity and happiness!

What you cannot eat, I shall bravely endeavor to devour!

:begins consuming:

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, you're evil. Happy Yom Kippur to the rest of you!
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm beyond evil.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
How long is the fast?
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

25 hours, approximately.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
It was a rough one for me. The anticipated headache came and throbbed, as anticipated. But I also had really bad joint pains, and they got progressively worse through the day. My fingers got numb and the pain in my wrists radiated up my arms to meet and embrace the pain in my shoulders. My back ached so severely that I couldn't do the little bows in Shemona Esrai and Alenu. Hip, knee, ankle and foot pain all joined together in the spirit of harmony and unity to become one big conglomerate of pain.

I've never had that reaction before. I wonder what brought it on.

After breaking the fast, I gradually felt better and am now returned to my regular self.

Baruch Hashem!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Glad you're feeling better. [Smile] Sorry you had a rough Yom Kippur. My knees didn't much like the bowing either, but overall my fast was pretty ok.

And one of the families sponsored a really nice break-fast, so I didn't even have to cook or anything.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.