FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I need help finding a book!

Author Topic: I need help finding a book!
forensicgeek
Member # 8430

- posted      Profile for forensicgeek           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, so my dad and I love scifi books, and years and years ago my dad read this really cool book. Unfortunately he can't remember the title or author. He does remember what it was about.

China invaded the US and took over a group of scientists went under cover using religion as their hiding place because the chines learned it was easy er to control people if they left their belief system. They built temples (labs) and discovered a weapon that was genetically aimed at only one race.

Please let me know if any of you know anything about this book or know how I can find it.

Thanks!

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Robert Heinlien is the author.
The 6th something or nother.

I found the book a bit racists, but what can you expect from a mid-50's/60's sci fi from a pro-military guy like Hienlien

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Here it is
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
That's cool that your dad likes sf too. I don't think my dad has ever read anything besides the newspaper (English wasn't his 1st language so it's hard).
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
forensicgeek
Member # 8430

- posted      Profile for forensicgeek           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much...we've been looking for this book forever!

Thanks!

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.