FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The LOTR Survivor Game! It's Fun! (Page 8)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: The LOTR Survivor Game! It's Fun!
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf 19
Aragorn 15
Frodo 13
Sam 13
Eowyn 13
Eomer 11
Faramir 7
Pippin 7
Merry 3
Balrog 3
Galadriel 1

++ Balrog
-- Galadriel
-- Merry

Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf 19
Aragorn 15
Frodo 13
Sam 13
Eowyn 13
Eomer 9
Faramir 7
Pippin 7
Merry 3
Galadriel 3
Balrog 1

Galadriel ++
Balrog --
Eomer --

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf 19
Aragorn 15
Frodo 13
Sam 13
Eowyn 13
Eomer 9
Faramir 7
Pippin 5
Balrog 3
Merry 3
Galadriel 1

Balrog ++
Pippin --
Galadriel --

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf 19
Aragorn 15
Frodo 15
Sam 13
Eowyn 13
Eomer 7
Faramir 5
Pippin 5
Balrog 3
Merry 3
Galadriel 1

-- Eomer
-- Faramir
++ Frodo

(it sure is boring voting the same way over and over)

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf 19
Aragorn 15
Frodo 13
Sam 13
Eowyn 13
Eomer 9
Faramir 5
Pippin 5
Merry 3
Balrog 1
Galadriel 1

++ Eomer
-- Frodo
-- Balrog

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf 19
Aragorn 15
Frodo 13
Sam 13
Eowyn 15
Eomer 9
Faramir 5
Pippin 5
Merry 3
Galadriel 3

++Galadriel - I have stand up for my namesake!! (Altariel=Galadriel)
++Eowyn - A courageous and strong girl? She must live!!
-Balrog - Yes. I killed the little bastard.

The Balrog, burns out. In an effort to safe its life for future battles, Galdalf flips out the C02 and sprays it mighty good. This however, knocks out the Balrog and it breathes in so much C02, that it suffocates and dies a pitiful death. The End.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

Wait---don't you have to give exactly two people -2 and exactly one person +2?
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
The rule has been two -- and one ++, although there has been some leniency in the past for an occassional variation.
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kettricken
Member # 8436

- posted      Profile for Kettricken   Email Kettricken         Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf 19
Aragorn 15
Frodo 13
Sam 13
Eowyn 15
Eomer 7
Pippin 5
Merry 5
Faramir 3
Galadriel 3

++ Merry
-- Eomer
-- Faramir
I've run out of people I want to kill!

Posts: 169 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

Gandalf 19
Aragorn 15
Frodo 13
Sam 13
Eowyn 15
Eomer 7
Pippin 3
Merry 3
Faramir 3
Galadriel 1

-- Merry
-- Pippin
-- Galadriel

I've run out of people I want to keep alive. [Grumble]

Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf 19
Aragorn 15
Frodo 13
Sam 13
Eowyn 15
Eomer 7
Pippin 1
Merry 1
Faramir 1
Galadriel 1

Pippin --
Merry --
Faramir --

have fun someone

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Pippin --
Merry --
Faramir --

Farimir walks in on Merry and Pippin making eyes at each other yet again, and kills them, then himself... because he feels like he is trapped in the last 30 min of ROTK for the rest of his life.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf 17
Aragorn 13
Frodo 13
Sam 13
Eowyn 15
Eomer 7
Galadriel 3

--Gandalf - Darn Balrog got a hit in on the way down.
--Aragorn - Pipeweed, it causes cancer!
++Galadriel - "I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain...Galadriel. But not before I whomp some @$$ on Dol Guldur with my Elf Ring of Power!!! Eat Elven fire beeotch!"

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Gandalf 17
Aragorn 15
Frodo 13
Sam 13
Eowyn 13
Eomer 5
Galadriel 3

-- Eomer
-- Eowyn
++ Aragorn

I've run out of people I want to kill; dh was right, the game's less interesting without villains [Wink]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Gandalf 15
Aragorn 13
Frodo 13
Sam 13
Eowyn 13
Eomer 7
Galadriel 3

++ Eomer
-- Gandalf
-- Aragorn

Death of King Theoden:
It had been a long ride from the Dwimmorburg, past the Druadan Forest of Ghan-Buri-Ghan and his wild men. But at last the Rohirrim, sons of Eorl, had arrived, and passed the Ranmas Echor that surrounded Minas Tirith in a protective embrace.

Down upon the Fields of the Pellennor he could see the Gondorians fighting for their lives, but not only for their own, for the lives of all free peoples of Middle Earth. For if Gondor should fall, there would be no refuge for men on Earth, and so too would the rest of the peoples of the world fall. Theoden was not stupid, though one could easily call him less sophisticated than the greater peoples. No, he was not a man of Westernesse, nor a Noldorian Elf out of the western sea. He was not even one of the Naugrim, the dwarves who live for centuries beneath their mountain strongholds. He was a man, descendent of the Edain from long ago, and yet a man of kingly wisdom and courage. His ancestors, great kings like Helm, Baldor and Brego, Fengal and his father Thengal, all held the same responsibility that Theoden did. He knew, as they did, it was his duty to protect his people, and to come to the aid of their distant brethren, the men of Gondor.

When he saw Minas Tirith under siege, he knew he would meet his death upon the walls of the great city. But that did not matter to him. The Rohirrim did not fear death, so long as that death is earned in the service of battle, in defense of their people. It didn't take long for his people to come to the same realization, and in that moment, a fierce anger and rage burned within their hearts. Their fire of spirit ignited upon their swords as they charged down the field. The pikes and poles of the orc army laid bare to smite their horses, but the union of horse and rider was too powerful, the Rohirrim had perfected a mastery of horsemanship, and no Morgul blade, no matter how fell, would unseat a Rohirric rider bearing down in such a rage.

Theoden led the charge, fearing no darkness, no beast, no blade. His army destroyed the front ranks, and drove deep into their lines before turning to reform. Eomer and his eored were far to the south by this time. Elfhelm and Hama were leading their eoreds against the bulk of the enemy ranks. That left Theoden with only a small number of personal guards when he saw them approach. Prince Imrahil issued forth from the broken gate of Minas Tirith and was immediately overrun by Haradrim and Easterling cavalry, the only horsemen the enemy was fielding.

Theoden rallied his men and charged the enemy, in hopes of freeing the Prince. His hope waned when he saw the White Swan banner slip, then fall to the ground. Herugrim cracked and screamed as he slew the enemy, knocking them from their horses. Quickly, Imrahil and his knights were freed and together they charged against the cavalry of the enemy. But they were surprised in that moment, and the captain of the Haradrim came to bear against them, knocking Theoden from Snowmane and killing his guards.

Theoden heard a great Rohirric horn wildly blowing in the distance, calling the Eorlingas back to help their king. But no horn could save him now. He heard Imhrail cry for his knights to rally to the King of Rohan, but that too was overlate. The captain of the Haradrim drew forth his fell sword and smote Theoden's shield, wounding him deeply. The captain smiled, but his lips were soon frozen by the cold bite of Herugrim, avenging his master's death. But it was too late, the Haradrim captain fell dead, but Theoden too was gone. Already he felt his spirit being called away by the Kings of old, and soon he slipped away from Middle Earth, ever remembered as the savior of Gondor and Rohan, a hero to all free peoples of Middle Earth.

[ November 30, 2005, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrhawn perhaps you could shorten your deaths... a little....( you sure are killing a lot of them) [Big Grin]

Gandalf 15
Eowyn 15
Aragorn 13
Frodo 13
Sam 11
Eomer 5
Galadriel 3

Eomer --
Eowyn ++
Sam --

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I only give long deaths to those who are worthy.

So, if I kill Galadriel, Eomer, Aragorn, Eowyn or Gandalf, expect something long.

If I kill Frodo or Sam, expect something short and parody like. [Smile]

Unless there is serious opposition, in which case, yes, I will shorten them considerably.

Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Eowyn 17
Gandalf 15
Aragorn 13
Frodo 11
Sam 11
Eomer 5
Galadriel 1

-- Galadriel
-- Frodo
++ Eowyn

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Eowyn 15
Gandalf 15
Aragorn 13
Sam 11
Frodo 9
Eomer 7
Galadriel 1

Eomer ++
Eowyn --
Frodo --

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Eowyn 13
Gandalf 13
Aragorn 13
Sam 13
Frodo 9
Eomer 7
Galadriel 1

Eowyn --
Gandalf --
Sam ++

Even up the field a bit.

I must say Lyrhawn, I rather enjoy your deaths. They are quite long, but quite eloquent. Though it will be a pain to try to put all of them together in one post at the end. haha.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kettricken
Member # 8436

- posted      Profile for Kettricken   Email Kettricken         Edit/Delete Post 
Aragorn 15
Eowyn 13
Gandalf 13
Sam 11
Frodo 9
Eomer 5
Galadriel 1

-- Sam
-- Eomer
++ Aragorn

Posts: 169 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Aragorn 15
Gandalf 13
Eowyn 11
Sam 11
Frodo 9
Eomer 3
Galadriel 3

Eomer --
Eowyn --
Galadriel ++
At this point my votes are a weird admixture of power, face time, and overall importance to Middle Earth.

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Aragorn 15
Gandalf 13
Eowyn 11
Sam 11
Frodo 7
Eomer 5
Galadriel 1

Eomer ++
Galadriel --
Frodo --

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Aragorn 15
Gandalf 11
Eowyn 11
Sam 11
Frodo 7
Eomer 7
Galadriel 0

++ Eomer
-- Galadriel
-- Gandalf

SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Aragorn 15
Gandalf 13
Sam 11
Eowyn 9
Frodo 7
Eomer 5

Eowyn --
Eomer --
Gandalf ++

Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Agh I can't do it! I can't kill them off! I love them allllll...
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Death of Galadriel:

Galadriel had known that the Ringbearer and the rest of the nine of the Fellowship would soon be passing through her domain. While all the Elves of Middle Earth knew that the Lord Celeborn was ruler of Lorien, the Noldorin Elves of Lothlorien knew who really wore the pants in that relationship, and it was the Lady Galadriel.

The Fellowship had spent many days in the trees of Caras Galadhon before Galadriel got around to meeting with Frodo. She would have met with him sooner, but there was a new mirror on ebay she had been bidding on, and you know how it is with those last minute bidders snaking something out from under you. She hated that.

But finally she met with him, and brough him before the Mirror of Galadriel. All around Frodo was the stream that ran through the small garden, which Galadriel used to fill her magical mirror. The mirror was her most prized posession, and coincidentally was also her first ebay purchase, making her a lifelong repeat customer.

After Frodo saw his vision, he offered The One Ring to Galadriel. Galadriel reached down under the mirror and flipped a switch, which turned on a scary Elven lights show that scared Frodo witless as she railed on about dark queens and melodramatic threats. Suddenly, in the middle of her speech, the lights went out. She flicked the switch off and on again, but no dice.

Frustratedly she bent over the mirror to examine the switch herself, but in doing so, she tipped over the pitcher used to fill the mirror with water. It fell over and drenched the switch in water, which proceeded to short out. Galadriel wasn't quick enough sadly, and caught her Ring of Power on the switch, electrocuting her to death.

I decided to make it short(er) and make an attempt at parody, rather than long and storylike. To appease those that didn't like the novel length deaths [Smile] It could have been better, but I wanted to get it done today, and thus rushed it.

dh
Member # 6929

Aragorn 13
Gandalf 11
Sam 9
Eowyn 9
Frodo 7
Eomer 5

-- Aragorn
-- Gandalf
-- Sam

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Aragorn 11
Gandalf 11
Sam 11
Eowyn 7
Frodo 7
Eomer 5

++ Sam
-- Eowyn
-- Aragorn

I like all of the people left ... so I wouldn't mind any of them winning. Ergo, my new strategy is to even the field. hehe

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
NNNNNOOOOO!!!!!
Galdriel and Legolas have died...there is no reason for my existance anymore...

I shall retire to my little corner to cry now...

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

Aragorn 9
Gandalf 9
Sam 9
Eowyn 7
Frodo 7
Eomer 5

Aragorn --
Gandalf --
Sam --

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Aragorn 9
Gandalf 7
Sam 7
Eowyn 7
Frodo 7
Eomer 7

++ Eomer
-- Gandalf
-- Sam

Kettricken
Member # 8436

Aragorn 11
Gandalf 7
Eowyn 7
Frodo 7
Sam 5
Eomer 5

-- Sam
-- Eomer
++ Aragorn

rCX
Member # 8503

- posted      Profile for rCX           Edit/Delete Post 
Aragorn 11
Gandalf 9
Eowyn 7
Frodo 5
Eomer 5
Sam 3

Gandalf ++
Sam --
Frodo --

Posts: 164 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

Aragorn 9
Gandalf 7
Eowyn 7
Frodo 5
Eomer 5
Sam 5

Sam ++
Aragorn --
Gandalf --

Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Eowyn 9
Aragorn 9
Gandalf 7
Sam 5
Eomer 3
Frodo 3

++ Eowyn
-- Eomer
-- Frodo

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Eowyn 7
Aragorn 7
Gandalf 7
Sam 7
Eomer 3
Frodo 3

-- Eowyn
-- Aragorn
++ Sam

Avin
Member # 7751

- posted      Profile for Avin           Edit/Delete Post 
Sam 9
Eowyn 7
Aragorn 5
Gandalf 5
Eomer 3
Frodo 3

++ Sam
-- Aragorn
-- Gandalf

Posts: 142 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Sam 9
Aragorn 7
Eowyn 5
Gandalf 5
Eomer 3
Frodo 1

Frodo --
Aragorn ++
Eowyn --

SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Sam 9
Aragorn 7
Gandalf 5
Frodo 3
Eowyn 3
Eomer 1

Frodo ++
Eomer --
Eowyn --

Omega M.
Member # 7924

I stayed away from this for a while because I didn't like how people weren't following the "two --, one ++" rule, but now that we seem to be back on track I'll kill Eomer before anyone can save him!

Sam 7
Aragorn 7
Gandalf 5
Frodo 5
Eowyn 3
Eomer -1 (dead)

-- Eomer
-- Sam (I get annoyed at people who think they're clever because they think Sam is the real hero)
++ Frodo

Someone else can kill Eomer officially; I have no ideas.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Me! I claim the Eomer death!! ME!!!

He's my favorite.

CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Aragorn 7
Gandalf 5
Sam 5
Eowyn 5
Frodo 3
Eomer -1 (dead)

-- Frodo
-- Sam (all hobbits must die)
++ Eowyn (Last Girl Standing)

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Gandalf 7
Aragorn 5
Sam 5
Eowyn 3
Frodo 3
Eomer -1 (dead)

Gandalf ++
Aragorn --
Eowyn --

Sam is rather important if I do say so myself. Not the out and out hero, but then I don't think there is one clear cut hero in the books. As is demonstrated by the closeness of this game. hehe

dh
Member # 6929

Sam 7
Gandalf 5
Aragorn 5
Frodo 3
Eowyn 1

Eomer -1 (dead)

Eowyn --
Gandalf --
Sam ++

Avin
Member # 7751

- posted      Profile for Avin           Edit/Delete Post 
Sam 9
Gandalf 3
Aragorn 3
Frodo 3
Eowyn 1
Eomer -1 (dead)

++ Sam
-- Gandalf
-- Aragorn

All the other character's I've wanted to win have been killed off, so I'm going for Sam now.

Posts: 142 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

Sam 7
Gandalf 5
Aragorn 3
Frodo 3
Eowyn (dead)

Sam --
Eowyn --
Gandalf ++ (Chosen randomly)

Death of Eowyn: Faramir commiting suicide, rather than come to the Houses of Healing, put a serious crimp in Eowyn's plans. First Aragorn rejects her for some Elvish chick, now Faramir's out of the picture. What does a Witch King slayer have to do to find a man?! Don't even talk to me about that brat Prince Imrahil. These were her thoughts as she wandered out of the gardens and onto the battlements, idly chewing some kingsfoil. So distracted was she that she didn't notice where she was going, tripped and fell from the top of the wall of the inmost circle of Minas Tirith, plunging hundreds of feet to her death.

dh
Member # 6929

Sam 9
Gandalf 5
Aragorn 1
Frodo 1

Sam ++
Aragorn --
Frodo --

SenojRetep
Member # 8614

What happens with the two -- and one ++ rule if there are only two contestants left? I propose we go to a single -- vote if that situation arises.
Omega M.
Member # 7924

That makes sense to me.

Sam 7
Frodo 3
Gandalf 3
Aragorn 1

-- Sam
-- Gandalf (nothing against him, but I don't want to kill Aragorn)
++ Frodo

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.