FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The LOTR Survivor Game! It's Fun! (Page 9)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: The LOTR Survivor Game! It's Fun!
Kettricken
Member # 8436

- posted      Profile for Kettricken   Email Kettricken         Edit/Delete Post 
Sam 5
Frodo 3
Aragorn 3
Gandalf 1

-- Sam
++ Aragorn
-- Gandalf

Posts: 169 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Sam 7
Frodo 1
Aragorn 1
Gandalf 1

-- Frodo
-- Aragorn
++ Sam

Finish it!

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
My money's on Sam.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Sam 5
Aragorn 3
Gandalf 3
Frodo 1

Gandalf ++
Aragorn ++
Sam -- (ack! How did he get up there?)

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rCX
Member # 8503

- posted      Profile for rCX           Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf 5
Sam 3
Aragorn 1
Frodo 1

Sam-- (Down With Sam!)
Gandalf ++
Aragorn--

Posts: 164 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avin
Member # 7751

- posted      Profile for Avin           Edit/Delete Post 
Sam 5
Gandalf 3
Frodo 1
Aragorn -1 (dead)

++ Sam
-- Gandalf
-- Aragorn

Someone else can do Aragorn's death.

Posts: 142 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Sam 5
Gandalf 3
Frodo (-1) Dead
Aragorn -1 (dead)

-- Frodo

Do Frodo's too. Ummm ... is it alright that I just voted for one person? Those are my two favorite characters in the books and movies so I want either to win. However, if someone thinks that it is necessary to vote for a total of three, my votes would be ++ Sam and -- Gandalf. So if I subverted the nature of the game, someone feel free to add those on. But if not, let the best man win.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Now that we're at two, I think a single -- is in order:

Sam 3
Gandalf 3

Sam -- (Evens things up, and I would sincerely prefer Gandalf to win)

This likely being my last vote, I just want to say that I really enjoyed the game. Thanks to everyone who made it fun.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf 3
Sam 1

Curses, with Aragorn dead I really don't care who wins.

-- Sam

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Lyrrhawn, why don't you do Frodo and Aragorns death? The game can't end with the dead hanging in limbo like this.
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf 3
Sam -1 (dead)

-- Sam

Finally. Someone else can kill him.

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Yes, I definately nominate Lyrhawn to finish off the deaths. Make it a good one. Congradulations Gandalf!
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

If there are no objections...

The Death of Frodo and Aragorn:

Boromir was gone. Aragorn looked around wildly, trying to remember the last time he'd seen the man of Gondor, but it appeared he had been missing for some time. All at once the Fellowship charged off into the woods to look for him, not heeding Aragorn's warning. Aragorn knew where to look though, and headed towards the seat of kings, the seat of vision in the old ruins not far from the shore. There he saw Frodo fall off the ruins and land with a crunch. Frodo was freaked out of course from the run in with Boromir, but deep down he trusted Aragorn, Strider who had led them from the woods to Rivendell and beyond.

Aragorn asked where the Ring was, and Frodo held it aloft. Aragorn saw it and kneeled down in front of Frodo. He then snatched the Ring from Frodo and put it on. His plan to lull Frodo into a false sense of security had finally born fruit and the stupid little Halfling had fallen for it. Aragorn was now master of the ring. Behind him he heard Uruk-Hai approaching, but he cared not. They moved in and easily dispatched Frodo, no longer the Ringbearer.

Aragorn pranced around the forest with glee, and saw Boromir running towards Pippin and Merry who were about to be ambushed by Uruk Hai. Aragorn ran past him and taunted him about not being able to get the ring from Frodo then ran past him. He meant to make for the Rauros and using the Elven boats head down the Anduin to Minas Tirith, where he would take command of Gondor. Finally he made it to the river and jumped in a boat. But boats of Elven make were loathe to allow evil into their midst, and sensing the plan in Aragorn's mind and the ring on his hand, it capsized. Aragorn fell into the water, wondering just what it was about this stupid ring and kings of Gondor dying in rivers. At that moment, the Ring let losse a high piercing wail.

The One Ring: IM OVER HERE!

Aragorn was dismayed at the sound and attempted to swim away, but like his ancestor Isildur, the ring betrayed him and slipped from his finger, and Uruk Hai arrived just at that moment to slay Aragorn with many arrows. The Ring passed down the Anduin and out into the Bay of Belfalas, ensuring Sauron could never be defeated for the Ring would never be found, and the last descendent of the Kings of Gondor was lost forever.

Incidentally, an act of gullibility in the Shire is often now called "Pulling a Frodo" for example, when two little Hobbits were in school, one said to the other "Gullible is written on the ceiling" and the other looked up to see it, the first Hobbit said "Dude, you're such a Frodo." And so it was until the end of time.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I know I still claimed Eomer, which I will post tonight. But is there anyone else you want me to do? Assuming there are no objections from anyone else, I know there were a couple who didn't like my style of killing people, so I won't be offended if anyone doesn't want me to do these last ones.
rCX
Member # 8503

- posted      Profile for rCX           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Gandalf!
Posts: 164 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Go Gandalf!
[The Wave]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble]
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.