FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Free weights recording

Author Topic: Free weights recording
Minerva
Member # 2991

- posted      Profile for Minerva           Edit/Delete Post 
I joined a gym about 4 months ago. I've been taking the classes, including some that use free weights.

I've decided to cancel my gym membership, and just use the free one available where I work.

I'd like to continue to do the free weights, but I feel like I need the prompting of what to do next.

Does anyone know of a recording that you can listen to that would do that? Keep the counts, tell you which exercise. I'm thinking something sorta like the yoga or cardio tapes.

Posts: 289 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
Suddenly, the cartoon "Sports Goofy" popped into my head, where he got the excercise set in the mail, and he set it all up and put a record on the record player with that erudite well spoken baritone voice told him what to do and he promptly got his ass kicked by his own weight set. [Razz]

Good times [Smile]

To answer your question, I've seen VHS videos with that kind of stuff on it, and there are shows on tv doing exactly what you're looking for, usually early in the morning on Discovery channel and stuff. Never seen an audio recording, but then again, I had never known of an audio recording of "Goodbye, Mr. Chips" recorded by Christopher Plummer until I heard it for the first time so... ya never know. (I think it was Christopher Plummer)

[ October 20, 2005, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: odouls268 ]

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard of recordings for using free weights. Sounds cool.

I've always used a prescribed circuit, and just note my weight, reps and sets. I like the circuit in Donnelly's BodyRx and he's got good forms to use to keep a record of the workout you do.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

I'm resurrecting this thread because I did just recently find on iTunes a CD that Arnold Schwarzeneggar made of him instructing a workout to 80s hits.

Basically, he got paid to count to 10 while journey played in the background.

I did, in fact, pee myself laughing.

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

Found a link to two guys working out with that exact track in the background.

I was elected to lead, not to read.

SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
That video is actually pretty funny. That guy should definitely not be wearing under armor.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

Agreed. But then, neither should I, but I do own it.

The trick is, don't be the guy who is wearing under armour and nothing else.

Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
I've also never heard of using a recording for free weights.

:shrug: It would be pointless for me, but I can see why some people would find it useful. I've got a fairly good routine, and I don't need someone reminding me of what lifts to do next or to count how many reps I've done.

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

Yeah, yeah, but can you count to ten in perfect rhythm with a small town girl iving in a lonely world?
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
That would be mildly distracting, but probably better than, the rap music that's occasionally played in our fitness center.
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.