FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » google question....

Author Topic: google question....
Leaf
Member # 7880

- posted      Profile for Leaf   Email Leaf         Edit/Delete Post 
There was a thing on google one time, it was like... a lock box or something. You could store information in it... something like that. Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?
I hardly do ...
But let me know if you know what Im talking about, plus a link maybe.. if it still exists.

-leaf

Posts: 46 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I hear lock box, I think of Darrell Hammond and Al Gore. That has nothing to do with google, though. I don't know what you are talking about. If you are talking about it saving some of the searches you've done, then yes, I do know what you are talking about. Other than that, you're crazy. I know a number for a good psych, though, if you're interested.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leaf
Member # 7880

Hey thanx. No, its not saving searches, and I swear that this existed at one time... Pretty sure for google. Maybe I will take that number...

p.s. Yeah, I didn't know what to call it, so i took that from snl, cuz it's funny.

Posts: 46 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
If you are logged in, google does save you searches...but I haven't heard of anything called "lock box" where it can save things other than your search history.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know of anything like that on Google per se, but they do own Blogger and Gmail, each of which could theoretically be used for that purpose.
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a lock box. I use it to keep my social security in, so that it will be kept safe.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
what is it? 000-00-0002? [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leaf
Member # 7880

hahahaha....
zing

Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps you're thinking of the Scratch Pad feature of the Google Desktop Sidebar?
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.