FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Take My Life, Take My Land

Author Topic: Take My Life, Take My Land
aarand
Member # 8745

- posted      Profile for aarand   Email aarand         Edit/Delete Post 
Take me where I cannot stand...

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I was wondering if any of you think there is a chance for more Firefly episodes? I'm about 3/4 of the way through the DVD's and I'll be seeing the movie this weekend. All on the basis of referrals from OSC.

I'm unbelievably hooked.

And I need more, man! More!!

Posts: 26 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
It's "Take my LOVE" for crying out loud! [Wink]

I guess it's about time for a new firefly thread, the other 25 have dropped off the first page. (I miss them.)

My opinion: More episodes? No. Another movie? I have faith. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
For more discussion and much good stuff, check out this thread and this one.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
You can't take my show from me...

WARNING...The post after mine (Lyrhawn's) has spoilers for the movie.

[ October 21, 2005, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: Shigosei ]

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I have ambiguous feelings about a new show or a new movie. I'd probably see the sequel, but wouldn't rush out for it like I did for Serenity. I'd just see it whenever I have time, or wait for rental. It's not as important to me anymore.

As for a show, it'd depend. If they did a prequel from before the movie I'd watch it hardcore. If they did it after the movie with no Wash, no Book, and a sane River, I'd check it out, but doubt I would feel the same way about it. They'd probably bring in new characters too, which I would have a problem adapting to.

I almost want to see a sequel just out of morbid curiousity, to see who else Joss kills off or what else he does to muck with the characters.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
I really want more episodes far more than I want a sequel. I keep on hoping that if the movie does ok, but now well enough for a sequel, some network will pick up the show again.

Have I mentioned recently that I'm almost positive River did not become suddenly sane at the end of the movie. Because if I haven't, well, consider it mentioned.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
Go to Myspace and see what comment my boyfriend just left me!
(You'll know which one it is!)

Nikki's Myspace

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aarand
Member # 8745

quote:
Originally posted by Narnia:
It's "Take my LOVE" for crying out loud! [Wink]

I guess it's about time for a new firefly thread, the other 25 have dropped off the first page. (I miss them.)

My opinion: More episodes? No. Another movie? I have faith. [Smile]

Arg. I always get lyrics wrong!
Posts: 26 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aarand
Member # 8745

Thanks for the spoiler warning, but I thought it was going to be spoilers in another post from you, not the post immediately following.

Man am I sorry I kept reading.

[Frown]

Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
The movie is very much worth seeing anyway. Sorry I wasn't clear enough to prevent you from seeing the spoilers.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I almost want to see a sequel just out of morbid curiousity, to see who else Joss kills off or what else he does to muck with the characters.

Man, Lyrhawn, you're really into stability, aren't you? [Smile] How did you react when Chewbacca died?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to think of a nice stable movie where no one dies.

I guess to be safe we should make sure they don't leave the ship. And the ship shouldn't land anywhere. Or meet anyone in space.

Probably the safest Firefly movie would be for them to launch into empty space and have the crew go into suspended animation.

Sounds like a real exciting movie.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.