FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away!
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
So I gave lindsay a homework assignment that she has totally dropped the ball on. So here it goes.

January is coming up in a few months. Nerdfest should happen in that month. I think it would be a lot of fun. it has been the past two years i've attended anyhow. Besides, the hotel is five minutes from my apartment now. Mighty convenient that be. Also, Dave has moved to the ATL and i understand there are a few others around here now as well.

So i guess this is the announcement. Let's make this happen again. Voice your thoughts on this matter.

that is all...

[ January 11, 2006, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I was totally in the middle of creating a thread. I just write in a much wordier fashion than you do.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't come in January. I will be broke. I'm sorry.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

by the way, for those that do not know, Wenchcon was/is a gathering that has happened in the Atlanta area the past 3 years. well, no date has been set, january was just tossed around loosely over the weekend. suggest when a good time would be? i personally would prefer it in the beginning of the year.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and this will be more clumpish, maybe, than in the past. For example, I doubt Jenny Gardener will be able to attend what with having a three month old baby and all.

She'd like to have the Wenches at her may revel, but we'll have to talk to her about that more later.

For US, that means the slate is clean -- no mandatory dressing up as elves or whatnot, just whatever you guys want to do in the Atlanta area. Low key, fun, and on neutral ground. [Smile]

But Ophelia and the beninator are handling the specifics this year, mostly. I'm tired.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

i don't even get a big B for Beninator? i get a little b? lindsay got a big O.

nuts to that.

Olivet
Member # 1104

You don't capitalize "I" -- no big B for you!
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*willnotcommentwillnotcomment*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

At least comment on whether or not you and Nathan want to come to nerdfest, Jamie.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I know I want to and I'm fairly certain nathan would as well. So we'll see what we can work out. [Smile]

As for Ben's 'big O' comment...I will not comment.

I think we should make nerdfest tshirts.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm soooo in... assuming it's not on a date I have committed elsewhere...
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

Well, we were thinking MLK weekend again, which would make it something like Friday the 13th (oooh, spooky!) to Monday the 16th for those who have or can get MLK day off, but we are definitely not set on that date and will take suggestions. [Smile]
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
umm, i guess i can come.. i never really plan anything more than a week or two in advance tho. so someone will have to remind me right before its supposed to take place.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
We probably won't be able to afford it at that time. Although I would love to go. And I won't be too pregnant to fly at that time yet...

Hmmm.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I wanna go!

I'll have to see when school starts, though, and things like that.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if they discount flights on Friday the 13th.

'Cause I have no problem flying that day. Especially if it's cheaper!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I would really like to attend this one, but it depends on how my financial situation is at the time. [Razz]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
You may have KQ's gracious presence if it is AFTER we get our tax refund.

And from what I am reading, more people might be able to go if it is later due to current finances.

So everyone file their returns early and set it up for Late February or something...just a suggestion.

Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
If I go to New Orleans, it should be during Mardi Gras break. Clearly. [Big Grin]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Of course, late Feb. may be too close to my due date to fly safely. [Wall Bash]
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, we will e-file and get it mid Feb.
Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to come, but I am not sure I will be able to get up there. Atlanta is only about a 4 hour drive from Valdosta, but I am carless.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I really don't have any excuses this time, do I? *grin*
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

No, you don't. And if we show up and you do not, I will thump you soundly about the head with a stout stick.
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Pearce, if you're going, maybe we and any other interested LA jatraqueros could carpool.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, what Jamie said.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I could actually make it for New Years Eve or Day. I'll be home in NC til the 2nd of January, it's only 3 hours from Atlanta, and I have several relatives in that area. (And since I didn't read the whole thread again, looks like that won't work for many other people [Razz] )
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanna come! *pouts*
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quid, we can have a virtual "I can't come to WenchCon" con together.

VirtualCon!

And ben won't be invited. [Razz]

Ben
Member # 6117

So, i was thinking naked twister, and butt tag to be the activities of choice for this outing. whacha think?
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, sure! And it's making VirtualCon looking even better!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
umm, this may sound silly, but what is this Nerdfest? are there pictures f a previous one on a website i can see? all i know about it now is that lots of ppl from hatrack want to go, and its being hosted in my town. someone please fill me in.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

Thread from WenchCon III
There are pictures somewhere in there.

(See, Ben, you should have waited for me to post my super-thorough thread. It was going to have everything! Unfortunately it was also going to take me a bajillion years to write it.)

kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Count Ken and I out again. I'm going to be in the middle of a search for a job, and Ken will be working. We just don't have the money.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm.
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Oh! Yes! Yes, you want to, Billie!
Ophelia
Member # 653

Come on guys! I need an excuse to go to a hotel with a hot tub!
mackillian
Member # 586

Hey, if we've got the funds, I think we'll be coming down. [Smile]
Taalcon
Member # 839

Jamie, you have NO right to be chastizing me! Last time I made an effort to hang with you and hubby, you flaked out! Remember? Jersey? John's house? "I'm too tired to drive a couple more hours"?

That being said, if there's a NerdFest here in the ATL area, I'll be there.

I only attend the Even Numbered WenchCons.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I recall a crapload of snow and my SUV driving driver wasn't going to drive through the crapload of snow.

By the way, I am watching Wonderfalls right now. And laughing my ass off. [Smile]

Taalcon
Member # 839

I recall NO snow the day you wee supposed to come.

And re: wonderfalls - TOLD YOU!

mackillian
Member # 586

I know. I've been repeating over and over that you're awesome and I should listen to you more.

Between laughs.

xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to come, but the timing's not good. I'm still playing catch-up from my trip to Detroit, and don't expect to have much spare cash for a while. Plus, both my sisters are expecting, and are due late December/early January. I want to be home when the newest kidlets arrive. [Smile]
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...I've never been to Atlanta.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

quote:
Originally posted by mackillian:
I know. I've been repeating over and over that you're awesome and I should listen to you more.

Between laughs.

[Big Grin]
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, I wonder if twenty one will be old enough for my mom to let me go places.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Oh, the places you'll go!
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
True dat [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I wanna come I wanna come!

And if it's in January, I may be able to! [Big Grin]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I'd love to see you in person again, sweetie! *big huggle*
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.