FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away!
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Wenches.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
that's exactly what i meant. thank you, your helpfulness shall be remembered for all time along with the fact that putting nuts in brownies was a good idea. from a different tack, i noticed that nerds were also mentioned. random nerds? nerds in specific? i'm curious.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
everybody but you airmanfour.

your sister for example, or roommate. they can come. but you have to stand outside and peer through windows.

...sicko.

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Putting nuts in brownies is a horrible idea.

That said, jatraqueros are invited.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
However, it should be noted that all men are manslaves of the wenches for the duration and have to be good servants or they will be punished.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
hmm, but if we did that, the women wouldn't be wenches anymore, right?
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

here is what i found for the term at dictionary.com

wench

n : informal terms for a (young) woman [syn: dame, doll, skirt, chick, bird] v : frequent prostitutes

hehe. im really reaching for a distraction right now from studying for my 2 tests today. well, actually thats a lie, i havent started studying yet. how come later always seems like the best time to do everything?!?

Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
*is a very bad servant*
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait... this can't really be WenchCon because we won't have the Head Wench. Plus, the LotR Wenches identify themselves at the owners/opperators of the LotR Tavern, which has a long history here on Hatrack. We only serve the Fellowship. The rest are Wenchlings and Wenchmen, who help run the tavern, defend it from the odd giant spider attack and so forth. [Wink]

This will not really be a WenchCon, because I doubt we'll be watching the LotR EEs or dressing up in LotR costumes.

Unless everybody still wants to do that. [Big Grin] 'Twas fun to go out in costume, but I fear the time has passed.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Oh, I know. I think it should be Nerdfest this year, courtesy of Ben.
Ben
Member # 6117

awww, how sweet.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
While I think Geekfest would be more appropriate nomenclature, I do have so say Ben's title gives me a fit of the giggles.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Exactly.
krynn
Member # 524

i want to turn more people onto Super Smash Bros. its simple, cute, and instant gratification no matter how many times u play it!
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Am I missing something or was that just a random comment?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

My boys love Super Smash brothers.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I've never played Super Smash Bros.
Olivet
Member # 1104

You get like all the niftiest characters from a bunch of Nintendo games, and they get to beat on each other.
Ben
Member # 6117

can i just beat people with a pillow? or golf club?

it's almost the same thing.

krynn
Member # 524

well, the name is Nerdfest right? why wouldnt video games be included somewhere in there? u can take Donkey Kong and smash the jeebus out of Pikachu. its fun for the whole family.
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
ben... you can try to beat on me with a golf club, but I'm not going to be responsible for what happens to you as a result... [Razz]

I definitely have seen all the super smash bros. I want to see... it's my kids' favorite, too.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Now I want to play Super Smash Bros!
krynn
Member # 524

ok, well its looks like the thread is divided as wanting to see the game, or had enough of their kids playing it. anyway, if we do all get together it wont be for another couple months. thats plenty of time for me get all the video games in during winter break, and be back to my charming, not trapped in my office playing video games for days straight, self.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Smash Bro's Melee was the shiz.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate Smash Bros [/$.02]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
So do I. But then I have yet to meet a video game that I do like.

*thinks*

I enjoyed watching my brothers play Earthworm Jim when I was younger. That's about as close as I get to liking a video game.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JaneX:
That's during J-term at my school, so I don't have official classes - that's good. I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing then, or if I'll be able to get money to fly to Atlanta, but I'll see what I can do.

~Jane~

Who's flying? [Wink]

I should have a car by then. [Smile]

Can we watch Firefly?

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Ophelia, have you ever played/seen Worms World Party?
Ophelia
Member # 653

I watched Ben play some variation of it. It didn't do anything for me.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Can we watch Firefly?
And Serenity will be out on DVD by then, too...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

freakin' dorks!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Ben, you should watch who you call a dork. I seem to remember some pretty dorky stories about you... [Razz]
Taalcon
Member # 839

There needs to be Settlers of Catan.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Amen, brotha. Amen.
krynn
Member # 524

hmm, my gf is the same way with video games, she has never liked a single one. its a shame that i find so much pleasure out of them. i just see them as watching tv, but with video games u can interact instead of just doing nothing hours on end.

anyway, video games or not, i would love to attend Nerdfest/WenchCon.

PS. after re-reading my last few posts, i realized that i sound like a total video game freak. just for the record, smash bros is the only game i own anymore, and i get to play it maybe an hour a week with my friend who lives with me. Am i in dork denial?!? hehehehe

Olivet
Member # 1104

Ben is flustered with the freakin' dorks who dig Serenity and Firefly, because he finds himself unable to appreciate either. Not enough frogs, I guess. [Razz]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, while the Firefly dorks are in one room, he can be in the other entertaining everyone else with his best song-and-dance routine. [Razz]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(Oh, and I would like to point out that I do not appreciate LOTR at all, but enjoyed myself immensely despite that. So maybe he can just suck it up and deal with it and play a game with Emma-- if we come.)
Ophelia
Member # 653

quote:
i just see them as watching tv,
Yeah, most TV is pretty boring, too. I mean, some of it is really good, but the majority is crap. [Razz]
mackillian
Member # 586

I'm not a huge fan of Firefly/Serenity, I just haven't been able to get into it. I'm neutral. [Razz]

And I've got stories about Ben. [Smile]

Ben
Member # 6117

no you don't.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*pat pat* Denial isn't going to help.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Jamie, he told me about the one where he was on the phone with you when you were, like, eleven?

I think we ALL have some 'dork dirt' on Ben.

But we love him anyway. *pat,pat*

*chanting*One of US! One of US!

Ophelia
Member # 653

In addition to things I already know about Ben firsthand, I have access to his entire family. If I wanted to, I'm sure I could embarrass him thoroughly.

But I love him, so I won't. At least not today.

Olivet
Member # 1104

Air Tran has this thing going on with Wendy's. There are these coupon things on the medium drinks. If you collect 32 you get a one way ticket anywhere air tran flies, 64 for a round trip. I have *counts* three.

Does air tran fly where you live ketchup?

Taalcon
Member # 839

That is almost as good as the pudding cup deal in Punch Drunk Love... *begins going to Wendys*
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Are they on every cup? Because that's only $64 and that's not a bad deal at all.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

Here's a link about the offer... linky
T_Smith
Member # 3734

It looks like Jamie and I might not be able to make it. [Frown]
Ophelia
Member # 653

So it looks like it's only for the rest of the year, then? (Which works for getting people to WenchCon.)
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.