FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away! (Page 7)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: (Formerly Nerdfest) Atlanta/Kennfest is just days away!
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, new page!

What hotel have we chosen?

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
umm, the info for it is back a few pages
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
No, actually, Ben had me cancel with that hotel because they wanted $75.00 a day for the meeting room. I think he's just planning to have folks meet up at his place or something, though he can't seemed to be arsed to tell anybody.

And we probably will play games and stuff on Saturday, since Ela and Janex can't go very far on the Sabbath. Though some will probably just do whatever.

Honestly, I have no idea. I thought Ben might update before he goes camping. This is not my baby this year, ya know. [Wink]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
So, does that mean that Ben also decided not to stay at the hotel? Should I cancel our reservation?

Saturday activity suggestion: We could watch videos on Saturday, too, if there's something everyone wants to watch. But games might be more fun.

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
i have a crapload of movies. and access to blockbuster yo!

and hotel was ripping us off, so we killed that. As far as i can tell, the only non locals coming (confirmed anyhow) are ela and jane. I am looking at hotels around my place that are not far at all, like right out the door for you guys on friday night. I also have a couch bed and a futon and all that good stuff. My place has surround sound, plenty of sitting space.

so...yea...

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

See, I'd invite people to stay at my place . . . but it's not entirely my place . . . and I'm not sure how kindly my folks would take to people I've met online sleeping on our couch.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

that's ok, i think sleeping arrangements are being taken care of.

less than one week away...

hoo to the rah

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

o_O

What is the actual day we're talkin' 'bout doing this?

Ela
Member # 1365

Our get-together starts this coming Friday, January 13, the start of Martin Luther King weekend, and will continue Saturday and, hopefully, Sunday. I don't know about Monday - JaneX and I will still be around by then, but will have to start heading home Monday morning, most likely.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

So Ben, what were you planning for food arrangements on Friday and Saturday (keeping in mind that Sarah and I will be hanging at your place on Saturday, or wherever we are hanging, till the sun goes down Saturday night)?
krynn
Member # 524

doe sanyone in kennesaw have a grill? we could grill out and and have everyone bring something. or maybe check to see if there are any grill at a nearby park, if weather permits that.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

we have access to a grill and picnic area here at Milstead Village.
Ben
Member # 6117

Nerdfest is just days away...woohoo!
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
So when, and where, should I show up on Friday? I have the entire day off.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

swing by my apartment anytime friday, maybe we can eat lunch and plan for the weekend or something.
Taalcon
Member # 839

A'ight.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

same here. im off all day friday. no class or work.
Ben
Member # 6117

join us as well krynn
krynn
Member # 524

give us some directions later in the week. im just north of Atlanta in Gwinnett county. maybe we can do a mapquest thingy if we swap exact adresses later via email.
krynn
Member # 524

give us some directions later in the week. im just north of Atlanta in Gwinnett county. maybe we can do a mapquest thingy if we swap exact adresses later via email.
Ben
Member # 6117

ok. our apartment is just off of exit 271 on I-75
Black Mage
Member # 5800

Yeah, where exactly are we initially meeting, folks?
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that people are meeting at Ben and my apartment.

Taalcon is doing lunch with Ben, I think. I think people will start showing up after that . . .

I don't get off work until 5, so I won't be there until at least 5:30 (probably closer to 6, since it's a Friday).

Black Mage, are your parents okay with you meeting random internet strangers? Would they prefer to meet Ben and me first to make sure we're not psychopaths? Or would they like you to meet in a public place? I know you'd be perfectly fine here, but I'd rather not make them (or you) uncomfortable.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Ela and Jane. Y'all coming to my place? Do you have mty number from last year? When can I expect you? Is my floor really okay? I was going to make all the people who live here do some scrambling, but my BIL is having a guest on Friday (though they may both be gone by Saturday, I duuno).
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

Well, I personally cannot make it until Saturday. And I would prefer an initially public meeting, though enough Jatraqueros have met enough of y'all that I feel fairly secure you're not psychopaths. Otherwise it's a massive conspiracy, no?
Black Mage
Member # 5800

Plus I'm confident that the rest of Hatrack, if I disappear, will hunt down everyone who said they were going to WenchCon until they find me. 'Cause Hatrack loves me.

Right?

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Black Mage (almost abbreviated you to BM [Laugh] ), Ben is a psychopath. But he doesn't hurt Hatrackers (although he has been known to use his baby-charming powers to get smaller people to do it for him.) So I wouldn't worry too much. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

i'm making joldo chili this weekend.

i'll leave it up to hatrack to decide if punctuation or hyphens belong in that sentence.

Olivet
Member # 1104

How about those of us who know ben alrwady meet at his place, sometime, and then meat *cough* meet Black Mage somewhere public when he comes to Kennesaw?

Send him your phone number by email, Ben.

*rumages for ski mask*

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, ski mask and Sexy Boots. That would be quite an outfit!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Ben is a psychopath. But he's a nice one. He got me a pony!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

He did?
Taalcon
Member # 839

Beware of the Noseblow. That's all I can say.
Ela
Member # 1365

[ROFL] [Eek!]
Olivet
Member # 1104

O_O Dave... He gave you a noseblow?
Taalcon
Member # 839

Yeah, at the bar-b-que. When we were in the pool.

I think I had recently been trying to rescue Lucky from that Terrible Fate, when I myself was caught up in its wake.

*shudders*

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

Well, Ben [i]said[/i[ he got me a pony. I've yet to see the gods, though.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

i might try and get out there a bit early on friday so i dont have to drive later in any traffic. also, i used to work in catering for Jason's Deli and might, repeats MIGHT, be able to get some lunch for us very cheap if that is something anyone wants.

Also, im not sure where and who im going to meet on friday, im guessing Ben. i would like a phone number emailed to me tho please just so i can call while on the road if i get lost or anything.

Ophelia
Member # 653

Black Mage, your e-mail is not listed. So if you need a phone number, e-mail one of us. Our e-mails are in our profiles.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

*this is ben, i didn't realize i hadn't logged Lindsay out...*

Anybody besides Judie and Sarah need a place to sleep?

krynn
Member # 524

i might.
Ben
Member # 6117

just let us know.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
I've yet to see the gods
Have you made a pilgrimage to Mt. Olympus? I hear that helps.
Ben
Member # 6117

or start looking at soda bottles. they will lead you to enlightenment.
mackillian
Member # 586

I need to not post when I'm fighting Seroquel. >_<
Ben
Member # 6117

The plan is people can start meeting at my apartment at 12:30. grab some lunch and arrange for others arrivals.
Ben
Member # 6117

So who is coming when?
Taalcon
Member # 839

I'm comin' Friday @ noonish
Ela
Member # 1365

We will be arriving sometime Friday afternoon, depending on traffic. We thought we would head straight to Ben's and head off to wherever we are sleeping later, depending on what people (chiefly Olivet [Wink] ) think will work best.

Olivet, I PM'd you about travel plans/sleeping arrangements. Please let me know what you think is the best plan, in terms of when and where we should arrive (and send me directions to your house, please).

Looking forward to seeing everyone. [Smile]

Ela
Member # 1365

Though, to tell you the truth, we feel a little dumb driving two days each way to see people for two days...

Are we the only people planning to come from out of town?

*having misgivings*

Just how many people are you expecting, anyway? Or is that a total unknown?

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.