FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Serenity DVD December "2005!!"

Author Topic: Serenity DVD December "2005!!"
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Netflix has it scheduled for release in less than 2 months!
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

Are you sure it isn't a typo?

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Its been in my queue with an Unavailable date for a while now. Today it got changed over to a December 2005 release. There have been rumors circulating around about a 12/20 release.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard the same thing from Barnes and Noble and several early-preorder-websites.

Looking like a 12/20 release right now.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Just in time for Christmas!
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I guess I just got used to waiting 11 months for the LotR Extended Editions. [Wink]

That's so awesome! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*squee*
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what I want for Christmas!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I know what I want for Christmas!
It's a pony, isn't it?
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*smug grin*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's a pony, isn't it?
And a plastic rocket.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray!
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
There's supposed to be an expanded version due next year. More extras, I mean, Whedon has said that the version on the screen is the Director's Cut. But he wanted to do more stuff with the whole cast for the commentaries and whatnot and the scheduling prevented that from happening in time for the initial DVD release. He apologized for the appearance of double-dipping, but there you have it.

DVDs are coming out faster and faster these days, partly to combat piracy and partly to take advantage of the marketing used for the theatrical release.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Hey, this is one film I'll buy two copies of without grousing about double dipping. If there is any chance at all that high sales from the DVDs will increase the liklihood of more Firefly goodness in whatever medium, I'm happy to shell out.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Usually films that do well in the theater have a longer period between the film release and the DVD release, so, while it's great that the DVD is coming out so soon on one hand, it's also bad on the other hand.

Personally I'll wait for the special edition whenever that comes out. It's not a movie I want two copies of.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
That's why you buy it NOW to give them money, and then dump it on ebay, or a used-movie store before you buy the next one!
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

That's not a bad idea. I hadn't thought of that.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob Porter
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for Jacob Porter           Edit/Delete Post 
I bought the series recently on Amazon and enjoyed it. I had only seen one episode before I saw the movie. I saw the one where Inara goes to this fancy ball, and Kaylee gets to wear a frilly dress.

EDIT: comma splice

[ October 26, 2005, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Jacob Porter ]

Posts: 178 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Usually films that do well in the theater have a longer period between the film release and the DVD release, so, while it's great that the DVD is coming out so soon on one hand, it's also bad on the other hand.

Depends. "Batman Begins" was this summer and came out on DVD last week, two wee4ks before Star Wars III which was in the theaters a month or so earlier. It varies.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

That's why I said "Usually" and not "Always"
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, it's late at night and i'm just wondering if i remember correctly: weren't you the one that really, really didn't like Serenity your first viewing? Did you say that that changed upon a repeat viewing?

I seem to remember something like that.

Anyway, way cool. Cause you're way cool, and it would suck if you didn't like a cool movie [Smile] Also, more advocates are a good thing [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Smile] Thanks Leonide! You're right that I didn't like it a lot, although you're misremembering the intensity of it. I was disappointed by it on first viewing, due to the writing rather than events, and was concerned that it wouldn't have a lot of appeal beyond its audience of hardcore Firefly fans.

Seeing it a second time I was delighted to be wrong about the writing. It's so much better than I thought it was after my initial viewing.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.