FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Possible trip to Epcot this weekend...anyone up for it? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Possible trip to Epcot this weekend...anyone up for it?
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Zan,

Does admission to Beerfest include your drinks, or do you have to pay for them in addition? I have searched for an answer on the website, but it's not clear.

-o-

We have gotten babysitting to attend the F&WF on Friday. (!!!)

Anybody wanna join us?

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Admission to Beerfest does indeed include the beer. They are small samples(about 3 oz) because it is a tasting and there are about 100 beers to try.

One thing that has always puzzled me when I've gone is the fact that the Anheuser Busch tent always seems to have a long line. Don't these people understand you're supposed to try new, different beers? It's one of those mysteries of the universe I plan on asking God about one day.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay, well, count me in.

Assuming it's not a problem, I'd like to invite my father along, too. He's not a real beer drinker, bit it sounds like a fun outing, and doing some things with him may help mitigate all the times we ask him to sit the girls so we can go out! [Wink]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

300 ounces = 37.5 cups = 25 beer bottles = nearly 2.5 gallons

*gulp*

Yeah, I suppose I might also need a designated driver . . .

zgator
Member # 3833

Keep in mind that a lot of the beers are domestic and therefore, not really worth trying at a beer tasting. It should only be about 1.5 gallons.

I'll think of a good place to meet before hand. There's no reason for you to have to pay $8 for parking when I can park for free. Maybe the Skull Kingdom parking lot or some restaurant in that area.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Epcot F&WF . . . tomorrow . . . anyone?
zgator
Member # 3833

Not I.

Let me know if you would like me to get tickets for you and your Dad tomorrow online. I just found out I can get another 10% off the online price.

Icarus
Member # 3162

He's got an annual pass, so I'm not sure what offers he has. I'll touch bases with him tomorrow.

[Smile]

Icarus
Member # 3162

Actually, come to think of it, I'm fairly sure he gets free parking because he's disabled.
zgator
Member # 3833

If he's got an annual pass, he's got free parking. If you go to the annual pass page on Universal's website, he should be able to log in and buy Beerfest tickets with an additional discount. I haven't done it yet, but I think you just print them out on your computer.

Why does your Dad have an annual pass to Universal?

Icarus
Member # 3162

Why not?
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

Zan, you still up for Universal next Tuesday?

I got our tickets and they're for both parks, so we're going for sure. Anyone else interested?

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am,as I said in our chatroom, but I need to check finances, and work times, before I commit.

I am lookinf forward to spending some time with you guys on Sat though!

See you then! [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

I'm still up for it. Did you get a good deal on your tickets, jeni?
Kwea
Member # 2199

I am working on the reservations for dinner now, and will post as son as I know what is up. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, here is the plan....

We have reservations for 8:30 at the land as of right now, for 11. I think it was 10, but Icky said 11 last night... [Big Grin]

Three tables, they said. [Frown]

Still, at least we are covered.

Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
I think it was 10, but Icky said 11 last night...
erm, no I didn't. 4 + 4 + 2. 10.

[Razz]

Icarus
Member # 3162

What's going to happen, though, is that they will not split up your groups, kwea and jeniwren, so basically Cor and I will be eating alone.

[Frown]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Also, we can ask about getting tables close together, since it is the last seating of the night.

Sorry man, making plans this late it was the best I could do. [Frown]

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Zan, yeah, I think so. We get four consequtive days plus Rainbow was free for $99 each. That was reasonable enough I jumped at it.

Ic and Kwea, are we better off winging it and seeing what is available elsewhere? Suggestions? Maybe we all do lunch together, then split up for dinner -- Ic and Cor and us, and Kwea and fam seperate? I hate to even suggest it, but it sounds like we won't be able to all eat together anyway... Whatcha think?

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

You know how when you're worried about offending somebody you seem to offend them anyway?

With the attitude that I probably can't win, I will just jump in and say this:

I'm very sorry, but eating at 8:30, particularly by ourselves, will not work for us. I know it's not anybody's fault, and I know that it's a large party size on a busy day.

But Cor and I will not be joining you guys for dinner.

Sorry.

We will see you all during the day at the MK, and hopefully socialize then, and, hopefully we will be able to work it out to see the CP together. We'll just have to leave it at that. [Frown]

Kwea
Member # 2199

It is all good, I will call and edit the reservation (again [Big Grin] ) tommorrow.

I am just excited to see you all this weekend, and to see my in-laws after several months. [Big Grin]

Icarus
Member # 3162

a) I'm not sure if we're up for the MK tomorrow. It will be a game-time decision. Banana is not feeling well. [Frown] [Wall Bash] [Frown]

b) I called (before I knew this) WDW dining and asked if they had anything in the afternoon for a party of ten, and they had both 5pm and 6pm at Marakesh (in Morrocco). I've eaten there before. The food is good and there are plenty of non-spicy dishes. We also can (I believe) get a large table, or tables pulled together. I made a priority seating for 5. That doesn't committ us, because I can always cancel it; I just didn't want to lose the availability. So don't feel like I'm trying to push you around, and don't cancel what you have if you don't want to. Just let me know. If this works, great. If this doesn't work, then Cor and I will just have dinner without you all somewhere. (All of this, of course, assumes that we make it to Epcot tomorrow. Even if we don't make the MK. though, I am hoping we can still make it to Epcot.)

Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay, I'm calling it.

We will not be joining you at the MK tomorrow during the day. I'll call JW in a minute. [Cry]

Kwea
Member # 2199

That sucks, I was really looking forward to seeing you all, and intorducing you to my in-laws. [Frown]

I hope she fels better tommorrow, even if you can't meet up with us at MK...I hope you can still make Epcot though. [Big Grin] .

Icarus
Member # 3162

Actually, she seems pretty chipper this morning, so we're going to watch and see for a while. Maybe we could join you later or something.
Kwea
Member # 2199

OK, calling you now. [Big Grin]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but dkw and I won't be able to make it.

We woke up this morning and realized that we're not in the Orlando area.

Plus I have a sore throat and she has a work-related meeting.

Sorry.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

It's all good, we are already going to have too much fun...if you two were here as well it would be just WAY too much, and we would expire...

And then you would have to clean up after us.

[Big Grin]

Kwea

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, nobody ever dies on Disney property. The standing order for EMS on property is to apply resusitation to whatever body parts they find until they are past the I-4 entrance.

I swear, they'd intubate a severed head.

NOTE TO DISNEY LAWYERS: I'm Joking!!!

Mickey, don't hate me!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

LOL
Kwea
Member # 2199

We had a blast today. The Raders were very cool, and Rayne liked me enough to sit on my shoulders for most of the CP! [Big Grin]

Icky and Cor were there as well, and earlier in the day they had Bannana and Mango with them, so we all had a lot of fun. [Big Grin]

[ December 04, 2005, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

The Raders were "very cool," and we were "there."

[Razz]

[ December 05, 2005, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.