FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A cancer story - an extremely scary day - pg 7 (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: A cancer story - an extremely scary day - pg 7
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Another for the list.

(((Belle)))

Poor you! But thank heavens for the nurses and your doctor.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Belle))) I, too am glad you're still here.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my, Belle, that was scary. I'm glad you're okay and the nurses work so well.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Belle, what an ordeal you're surviving. I so wish you could be the one cancer patient who sails through treatment with no complications, but I'm grateful that you're coming through the complications. Not a day goes by when I don't think about how you're doing and pray for you.

BTW, Aerin finally fits into her jumper and we get so many compliments on it. People ask me where I got it and I proudly tell them that it was hand-made especially for Aerin.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am glad you are OK, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight, and in the future.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
((Belle)) I'm always thinking of you.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((Belle)))))))

Stay brave...

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Belle, how scary! I'm so glad the nurses were able to help you.

What does that drug do, anyway - the one you reacted to? Is it something that will be replaced by another drug? Or will you just ... do without whatever it does?

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenna, it's a cancer drug, and it's meant to kill cancer cells. I would be more worried about having to discontinue it if my cancer had spread, but since it hasn't, I feel confident. Besides, oxaliplatin, according to my doctor is a "mother" - a drug that really is hard on the body and one that few people ever complete the full treatment schedule with. Either because they have a reaction like me, or the side effects are too much to manage.

It's a relatively new drug, and prior to it coming out, the gold standard colon cancer treatment was 5-FU and leucovorin - the exact regimen I'm on now. While oxaliplatin has added to the success rates, there is still a good track record with the 5-FU and leucovorin regimen, so it's not as if I'm getting nothing.

I feel okay about it, I still feel confident that we've got this cancer licked. I just need to finish the 5-FU/leucovorin treatments and the doc says my long term outlook is still very positive.

Thanks for all the well-wishes.

(((hatrack)))

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.