FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Musical Mice

Author Topic: Musical Mice
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
So aparently, mice sing.

I kept pet mice for years and had no idea.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I heard the story this morning on NPR. The boy-mouse sings his little mousy head off when he smells girl-mouse urine.

Hey, whatever turns you on.

It is probably one of the least relevant scientific findings that have been found since the turn of the century.

Now, musical chipmunks, now that's a whole 'nother story.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Had you never seen Cinderella? At that point, Disney was actually basing their movies off of facts, not someone's two am Cosmo break.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
You should have seen the look on my cats face when I played those clips. He came running to the computer! And his eyes dilated to the max.
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...when I played those clips our six zebra finches all did their alarm call and my 11-month-old daughter tried to imitate the squeaks. I'll have to try it in front of the cats at some point.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Does this have anything to do with Terry Jones playing The Bells of St. Mary on the mouse organ?
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw and the dog both ignored the sounds, but I got this uncontrollable craving for mouse burgers.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.