FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » William Shakespeare reviews Gladiator

Author Topic: William Shakespeare reviews Gladiator
Ghengis Cohen
Member # 8813

- posted      Profile for Ghengis Cohen   Email Ghengis Cohen         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it just me, or does anyone else sometimes see a movie, and think -- wonder what old Geoff Chaucer would say about this one? Or William Shakespeare, or George Bernard Shaw?

Do you think it would be an interesting gag to write a movie review in the voice of William Shakespeare, or Mark Twain, or some other great dead artist? Anyone want to try it out?

Posts: 63 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure Mark Twain did reviews. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Might be a good idea to move this topic over to the other side, Ghengis--it doesn't really have anything to do with OSC, and will be much more likely to take off over there.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gosu
Member # 5783

- posted      Profile for Gosu   Email Gosu         Edit/Delete Post 
So....what does this have to do with OSC?
Posts: 102 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghengis Cohen
Member # 8813

- posted      Profile for Ghengis Cohen   Email Ghengis Cohen         Edit/Delete Post 
My apologies -- I linked in here and didn't notice the organization. Mods, please kill this thread.
Posts: 63 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

- posted      Profile for Papa Janitor           Edit/Delete Post 
You are able to delete it yourself, Pete -- there's no time limit for edits here, so in editing the first post you have the option to delete.

--PJ

Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghengis Cohen
Member # 8813

I got in SERIOUS trouble for deleting my dysfunctional thread on Ornery, years ago. I'd rather ask the mod to do it, given that history.
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

Understood, though we're a bit more relaxed here (and nobody has posted too awfully much anyway). Would you prefer it be moved to the "other side"?
Posts: 441 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghengis Cohen
Member # 8813

Please do -- but where is that?
Papa Janitor
Member # 7795

Over here.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean here? or here? Maybe here?

[Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't know about a review of the film, but if Gladiator had been written by Will, all the good stuff would've happened off-scene and been reported by faceless messengers in lilting iambs... You thought Antony and Cleopatra was bad...
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Gladiator reminded me of Shakespeare occasionally.

Especially the ending: Exeunt, bearing the bodies.

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Ghengis Cohen -- gotta love that screen name!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I was JUST about to say that, but you beat me Tante!

I think that would definitely be an interesting idea. I'd like to read a well-thought out Shakespearian review of some famous work!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.