FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Southern Indiana and Kentucky hatrackers!

Author Topic: Southern Indiana and Kentucky hatrackers!
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone ok?
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
All good here.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
did we have another earthquake, or what? I've been asleep since I talked ot you last.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Tornado, killed 15 people.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, what?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
yuck, where?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Southern Indiana and Kentucky [Razz]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Warrick, Vanderburgh, and Henderson counties. No hatrackers I know of live in any of those!
Cali-Angel-Cat
Member # 8799

- posted      Profile for Cali-Angel-Cat   Email Cali-Angel-Cat         Edit/Delete Post 
Twister Kills 17, Injures 200 in Ind. & Ky.
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

The closest hatrackers I know of are Harrison County IN, and Louisville KY.
Cali-Angel-Cat
Member # 8799

- posted      Profile for Cali-Angel-Cat   Email Cali-Angel-Cat         Edit/Delete Post 
Well there are new members and old one that are still figuring out who's from where.

I think it was a case of better safe then sorry.

The first reports didn't give out alot of info. I have family in Ky, so I was hoping for a idea of the loactions and just got it. Everyone is safe, Thankfully.

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

It's ok, I know the area pretty well, though apparently I've forgotten how to post. Well good to know your family is ok.
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't get through to my friend just outside Evansville. From the locations cited, I'm fairly sure he's not affected, but still concerned...
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I woke up this morning to a panicked call from my mom. "Are you ok?!? Is everyone alright?" I'd slept through the mess, so I had no idea what she was talking about. I guess national news wasn't saying anything specific about where it happened, just that it was southern Indiana.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Goody, do you know what town he lives in? It's likely they don't have electricity right now.

Megan, my parents nor I knew till I saw this thread.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got through on his cell. He lives in Chandler, and yep, power, phone and Internet are all down. He knows (knew?) one of the confirmed deceased, knews a second guy who lived in that same trailer park but doesn't know if that friend is okay. The park itself looks like someone set off a bomb in the middle.

Hopefully once he can recharge his cell phone (which means going out for a couple-hours-long roadtrip to prevent battery drain) I can get some more information from him.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Oh ok, Chandler is in Warrick County, I know a girl from there, but she goes to Purude now.
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes. I heard the tornado sirens going off just as I was going to bed around 3 a.m., and was woken up by them another time or two after I fell asleep, but didn't think that much of it and hadn't had time to look at any news yet today.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I never hear them from my house, we're just too far south from the airport ones, and way too far from any others.
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Up here in Fort Wayne they started giving thunderstorm warnings at 3 am or so. No tornados that I know of, just winds and hail. My computer actually made thunderstorm noises as a warning, and the TV channels all interruped for a weather announcement. There was hail, and the wind was blowing almost sideways. I had left my garage door open, and I rushed down to shut it to protect the car and water was actually coming inside the house through the front door just from the force of the wind against the door. The trees are all stripped bare outside now. It's quite a change from yesterday, actually, when I was outside admiring the fall colors.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Isn't there always hale in Ft. Wayne?
Theaca
Member # 8325

I actually saw hail for the second time ever only a month ago. No idea how common hail is around here.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I think it's pretty common, I just remember stories my dad told that were "we were going to go up to see ____ at the hospital in Ft Wayne, but it hailed, so we didn't"
Theaca
Member # 8325

Sounds like an excuse to me. [Wink]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

that's what they do

I just emailed several 4-H friends from the effected areas, and all are ok, but they haven't all heard from their extended families (but most from their parents).

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Heard from Grisha and everything's okay there.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cali-Angel-Cat
Member # 8799

I grew up in Ohio so I know what it is like to have to deal with something like this. Everyone has my prayers.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.