FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » There should be entire cable channels devoted to...

Author Topic: There should be entire cable channels devoted to...
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Cop shows. I need a Law and Order network. [Frown] Five hours a night just isn't enough! I need my Detective Stabler fix.

What do you think there should be a channel devoted to?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Great TV shows (as per my approval).
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like a channel dedicated to super hero cartoons. Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, X-Men, Justice League, etc. It'd be good stuff.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
You already have two cable channels that show almost nothing but Law and Order, ya junkie.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

But they only show Law and Order like, at night! Not before 6 or 7pm! And not when they decide to show some movie instead.

I need more. MORE! BRAINS! ...I mean, uh, SVU!

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cali-Angel-Cat
Member # 8799

- posted      Profile for Cali-Angel-Cat   Email Cali-Angel-Cat         Edit/Delete Post 
Try Cartoon Network for the cartoons. Unless you want to stipulate that the tv channels each show

1. Only Marvel Comics
2. Only DC Comics

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, Cartoon Network typically only has DC stuff (stuff that airs first on Cartoon Network or aired previously on WB!). I want Marvel stuff in there as well.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh Yeah!! Give me that L&O lovin'! As a matter of fact, I just got done watching an episode of SVU (on USA).

I tell you though, I get really sick of my significant other whining "Haven't we seen this episode three times already?"

One deadly look silences him for the hour.

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
If there were a law and order/csi network, I would never see my wife again.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Val: I must admit, I have a crush on Stabler.

He seems like the nicest guy ever.

But weren't he and his wife having problems? [Frown]

-pH

Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
They were but I think they're working on them.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Law and Order and SVU show almost non-stop from, like, 2 in the afternoon until midnight.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
There's already a channel for me. The Speed Channel.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KPhysicsGeek
Member # 8655

- posted      Profile for KPhysicsGeek   Email KPhysicsGeek         Edit/Delete Post 
A Firefly channel... (ideally one that shows new episodes)

[Party]

Posts: 68 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
Curling
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Valentine014:
They were but I think they're working on them.

In the last new episode, he confessed to Benson that she filed for divorce. I think.

Which will make one of my friends veerrrrrry happy, as she's convinced that Stabler and Olivia need to get together.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, there are way too many TV channels as it is, specializing in any tiny little niche of interest out there.

Second of all, there is still nothing on that interests me, except the channels that run vintage films.

But we already have those.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
A channel that runs reruns of all the new shows that came out that week. So I can watch all of the tv shows I want without having to catch them at some specific time.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I already have my "own" channel. It's called my computer.

quote:
A channel that runs reruns of all the new shows that came out that week.
Don't things like this already exist?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Asian cinema!
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan K.
Member # 7720

- posted      Profile for Jonathan K.   Email Jonathan K.         Edit/Delete Post 
Asia's not very specific, i assume you're reffering to martial arts, or were you talking about Russian flicks?
Posts: 220 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps Bollywood?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Or do you mean Baliwood movies?
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
sigh...Tante...do you post in every thread?
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was in high school, there was a channel that showed all 80's music videos, all the time. I think it was called MT something.

I wonder whatever happened to it. That was a good idea.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Well... I actually thought about registering the domain thesnuffchannel.com at one point. I figure that's the likely end-point to this reality TV business. Slay-TV.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hugh57
Member # 5527

- posted      Profile for hugh57   Email hugh57         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
But they only show Law and Order like, at night! Not before 6 or 7pm! And not when they decide to show some movie instead.

I need more. MORE! BRAINS! ...I mean, uh, SVU!

-pH

What you really need is TiVo. [Wink]

Besides, it's on 2-4 (EST) pm on TNT.

[ November 07, 2005, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: hugh57 ]

Posts: 241 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by starLisa:
Well... I actually thought about registering the domain thesnuffchannel.com at one point. I figure that's the likely end-point to this reality TV business. Slay-TV.

You have so much more faith in the American public than I do.
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
TJWC. The Joss Whedon Channel.

Except of course, I already have most of his stuff on DVD.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged:
sigh...Tante...do you post in every thread?

No. But I try.
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I would support an all-Whedon 24/7 television network.

As to SVU: Stabler has broken up with his wife and it doesn't look like they'll get back together. In fact, in less he pulls his act together, I doubt he'll even be able to keep his badge. And having said that, Olivia once slept with that guy, the twitchy detective whom Ice-T replaced, and she was mad at herself for doing it because it made things way too awkward.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I mean any film from Asia or the Asian sub-continent, as you so cleverly assumed...
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
ObSN: The Obscure Sports Network. Now that poker is mainstream....
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
The MST3K Channell, that MST3K's what is on other random channels.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Hockey Channel

Naval History Channel

Poker Channel

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! I know...

ESPN-8 "The Ocho"

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

quote:
Originally posted by Joldo:
I would support an all-Whedon 24/7 television network.

As to SVU: Stabler has broken up with his wife and it doesn't look like they'll get back together. In fact, in less he pulls his act together, I doubt he'll even be able to keep his badge. And having said that, Olivia once slept with that guy, the twitchy detective whom Ice-T replaced, and she was mad at herself for doing it because it made things way too awkward.

Wait, wait. Which one did Olivia sleep with, and when was this? I don't remember her ever sleeping with anybody! [Frown] I'm so out of the loop.

Also, what did Stabler do that he might not be able to stay a cop?

-pH

advice for robots
Member # 2544

The Library of Congress Channel

"Almost as much skin as C-SPAN"

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

C-SPAN is great though! I watch it from time to time, or have it on in the background.

It's especially great when they have the House of Commons on. THAT is great television.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

C-SPAN and C-SPAN2 are channels I flip past on my way to ESPN and ESPN2. [Big Grin]
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Me. That's all I have to say about the subject. [Razz]
My friends and I always say that there's so much drama in our lives that there really needs to be a show about us and our lives. Sort of like the Truman Show, but less creepy.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Anime

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
SPOILERS FOR SVU

Can't remember his name. He was partnered up with the old guy. Ice-T came in and replaced him. Anyways, Olivia slept with him as a bit of a one-night stand. He wanted to make something of it and she wanted to put it out of mind.

And Stabler's been . . . erratic. Violent, occasionally. Beat up a friend of his, another cop, because they guy was beating up his son. But still . . . he's losing touch with reality and no good can come of his current track.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

ooooooo Anime.

Make it specific.

A Gundam Channel.

pH
Member # 1350

quote:
Originally posted by Joldo:
SPOILERS FOR SVU

Can't remember his name. He was partnered up with the old guy. Ice-T came in and replaced him. Anyways, Olivia slept with him as a bit of a one-night stand. He wanted to make something of it and she wanted to put it out of mind.

And Stabler's been . . . erratic. Violent, occasionally. Beat up a friend of his, another cop, because they guy was beating up his son. But still . . . he's losing touch with reality and no good can come of his current track.

The young guy who was embarassingly new to being a cop? Wow, that must've been a while ago, then. I like Ice-T better anyway. Team Ice-T!

And poor Stabler. [Frown] He just needs a hug.

-pH

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dir en grey
Anime
A music channel that ACTUALLY PLAYS MUSIC! Opera, jazz, rock and roll, the whole nine yards.
All opera all the time. No game show network.
Foreign movies with a lot of nudity in them, subtitles and somewhat depressing plots.
Samurai movies.
Things with swords in them.
All documentaries all the time.
Shows about people building things and making things.

quote:
The MST3K Channell, that MST3K's what is on other random channels.
Now there's a good idea! And it should also make fun of these stupid commercials.
A network that has all the shows I liked that got cancelled just to annoy me.
A network that has all the shows I hate on it so that they are not on ordinary nextworks.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I love, love, l.o.v.e LOVE c-span2! [Smile] They have speakers on there all the time that I wish to Bob I could find a transcript of their speeches and post it on here and ask you guys what you think, but I can't ever find the transcript, and I get sad. [Frown]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
ooooooo Anime.

Make it specific.

A Gundam Channel.

I can't specify it to one type of Anime. I like all different kinds. Right now I'm into Shonen Jump series.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to have a channel that shows Classic Arts Showcase 24/7. Here in Fresno, the local channel owned by the Catholic Diocese runs it from around midnight to six a.m., and at odd times during the day when they don't have any other programming, but the only time I ever get to see it is when I have insomnia. They show all kinds of cool stuff. I'm not too keen on the opera, but there's ballet and there's clips from old films, including documentaries, really experimental animation pieces from the thirties and forties, and a bunch of other interesting things.

Oh, and an Archaeology Channel. I really, really, really want an Archaeology Channel. PBS and Discovery and like that do some, but not nearly enough for my taste.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
The Classic Arts Showcase channel - I wish we had that out here in Indiana, where I go to school. It's great! [Smile] I also loved that channel because it would show BBC news in multiple languages - I got to practice my German.
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.