FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Joke

Author Topic: Joke
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a man and woman on the top of the Empire State Building. They meet a second man. The first man says that if you were to jump off the building when you reached the 17th floor the wind would bring you back up to the top of the building. The second man doensn't believe it. The first man says all right I'll prove it. So he jumps off the building, and sure enough when he reaches the 17th floor he comes back up to the top of the building. The second man thinks that is pretty cool. He jumps off the building. Next thing you know he splats on the sidewalk. The women says, 'Clark you've got to stop doing that.'
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the better punchline is: "You can be a real A-hole sometimes, Superman"

Or something similar to that.

But its a fun joke [Smile] .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
My preferred punchine is "You're a mean drunk, Superman." [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, come to think of it, the punchline when I heard it was something like: "You can be a real A-hole when you are drunk, Superman".
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
The first time I heard that joke, it was racist. Subsequent versions were not, and I often thought they were funny.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
How was it racist?
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy Superman pulled the trick on was black, and at the end, one observer comments to another about how Superman really does hate... well, you fill in the blanks. It was offensive, and I'm glad that there's a non-obnoxious way to tell the joke.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
This was the way I heard the joke. Not word for word, but the idea. I had no idea that it started out racist.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard this joke... in spanish [Razz]

I think the racist remark was probably added in there by whoever told it to you, as I never heard it be racist either.

It's a good joke though, thanks for making me remember it! [Big Grin]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
My preferred punchline is "You're a mean drunk, Superman." [Smile]

Mine too. And it really should be delivered by a bartender.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.