FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Man battles Buck

Author Topic: Man battles Buck
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Intersting... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9896288/
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Is a five point buck that big? I'm sorry, I'm not proud of this guy.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
It's pretty big. Deer are extremely strong and very dangerous when cornered or frightened. Not only do they have the antlers, but their hooves are very sharp, and they're good kickers. I wouldn't say I'm proud of the guy, but I'm certainly impressed that he was able to kill it with his bare hands.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, i know they're strong, I just was thinking that this one wasn't that big, but then, I think the boys that used to ride my school bus exxaggerated on sizes of most things.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Humphhh . . . and here I thought the topic would be about Buck Rogers in the 25th century . . . oh well. *grin*
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Breyer... it's not big by deer standards, and i'm in way way impressed... I mean if the deer is in a bed room, and your calling the police, Why not just shut the door and let them deal with it?

And if your going to try and kill it, guns are much easier than catching it...

Did anybody else read this thing and picture an old hill jack sitting on his porch, acting this out, while trying to smoke his corn cobe pipe? Or was that just me?

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Ok, maybe we grow em bigger than they do there, because it seems to emply it's big, I'd shoot it though, if I thought it needed to be dead, but I know how to use a gun.

and, that part is just you

Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is a five point buck that big?
The answer to your question relies on where you live. In the American west five point means at least five points on one side and probably four or five on the other. In the American East or South five points means two point on one side and three on the other, a much smaller animal. It is rare for deer to have more than five points per side, and a 'three point' in the west (probably a five or six point in the east) is considered a fully mature adult male. A 'spike' or a male without any branching of the antlers is just entering his first winter.

I am a little surprised that the guy decided to wrestle the deer. It would have been safer to do a lot of things actually. Wait til the police came with animal control, or even try to use a rope, stick or other weapon to subdue. Breaking its neck by grabbing its antlers and twisting, is kind of like trying to catch your opponent's blade between your palms and twisting to disarm him. I also think it's funny that he's going to have the deer processed for food. I mean it makes sense, its just a little funny. In my state if a deer is killed without a license or in an unconventional manner (like being hit by a car) its illegal to keep the meat.

Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the impression that he was worried about the damage the deer was doing to his daughters house. Something about it tearing things up in there. I can understand not wanting a deer to kick a hole in your wall, but confronting it with your bear(hehe) hands just doesnt seem smart. This man is lucky he got away with nothing more than a few kicks in the balls(or so I assume, from the bowlegged comments).
That being said, DAMN! I'm thinking he was blessing his balls o' steel by the end of that 40 minutes.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
I would've grabbed a baseball bat or some metal object at least. I never would've gone in empty-handed.
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a kid, we almost had a moose in our house. It was eating the Christmas wreath on the front porch when my brother opened the door. We all looked very surprised: me, my brother, and the moose. For a very long second that I won't ever forget, no one moved. Then my bro closed the door and the moose went back to her meal.

I still get visions of the homeowners insurance claim on that one.

This guy has serious cajones. Or brain damage.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.