FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Millennium, or "More ways to waste time and money."

Author Topic: Millennium, or "More ways to waste time and money."
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you guys remember that series? I'm sure you do. It was by Chris Carter, and it had that guy who played Bishop in Aliens and Alien3 and Mr. Weylan in AvP.

I don't remember much about it, but I think I liked it. And I've been looking for another series to get into. My roommates are all absorbed in One Tree Hill, and it kind of drives me crazy. I'd like something slightly more interesting to watch in my spare time, when I'm not feeding my Law and Order addiction.

What did you think of it? Would it be worth me picking up season one?

On another note, in which season did Earth: Final Conflict start to suck terribly? I liked the episodes with Boone (season one), and I also liked the ones with Liam Kincaid, but then they moved a show to a time when I couldn't watch it, and the next thing I saw, it had turned into "CHICKS WITH BOOBS AND GUNS!"

-pH

Edit: Because I ken speel.

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerto
Member # 8810

- posted      Profile for Aerto   Email Aerto         Edit/Delete Post 
The name of the actor is Lance Henrikensen. I, personally, was disappointed by Millenium, though it was better than Carter series #3, Harsh Realm. I think Carter hit lightning in a bottle with seasons 1-5 of the X-Files, but hasn't been able to do anything since.

If you want a good series to pick up on DVD and watch and have not seen Veronica Mars, that is the direction I would go.

Posts: 102 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Veronica Mars is a great show. There are some cheesy episodes, but overall the dialogue is fairly fresh (almost Whedonesque) and most of the characters are complex and played by great actors.

I also recommend Freaks and Geeks and Wonderfalls if you're looking to pick up some DVDs. [Smile]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
And Firefly. That and Freeks and Geeks and Wonderfalls are the first series I ever bought on DVD.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Whedonesque dialogue on Veronica Mars, Joss Whedon himself will be making his on-screen debut guest starring on tomorrow night's episode of VM. He has stated that it's his current favorite show.

Charisma Carpenter and Alyson Hannigan also play recurring guest character on the show.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerto
Member # 8810

- posted      Profile for Aerto   Email Aerto         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to be too picky, but Joss Whedon actually made his on-screen debut in an episode of Angel. I believe it was called Welcome to Plrtz Grb (the epsiode that they went to Lorne's home). He played Numfar and some kind of silly looking dance a few different times.

The soapy parts of Veronica Mars can get a little ridiculous at times, but the show is very good at balancing episodic/self-contained stories with a season-long story arc. Unlike Lost, it doesn't hide the ball to fool people into thinking the larger plot is a good story.

Wonderfalls and Firefly are great. Now if 20th Century would just release the Inside on DVD so we could have the Minear trilogy.

Posts: 102 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmph. I think I'm going to have to buy Wonderfalls.

I just read the reviews (well, some of them) at amazon and it looks fantastic.

And this make me chuckle (from a review):
quote:
It was one of those rare shows where very nearly everything was perfect, except that it appeared on a network run by the mentally challenged

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
The first two seasons of Millennium were great, but then they lost their minds.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Kayla. It just went . . . weird. I liked the first two episodes, despite it being very dark, and then . . . I just couldn't watch it anymore. It was too awful.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.