FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Powers of German Heavy Metal

Author Topic: The Powers of German Heavy Metal
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone guess what I'm listening to right now? Thats right, I am jamming out to Rammstein. *banging head*

Rammstein is, I think, the only mainstream German heavy metal band. They sing almost entirely in German. But the reason people listen to them is because their guitar is so off the wall. The music is just amazing stuff. Who cares if I can't understand what they're saying? I can still play air guitar! [Wink]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Reise Reise is SWEET, which album are you jamming out to?
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Reise, Reise...... [Big Grin]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Despite your not knowing what they're saying, take comfort in the fact that their lyrics are actually pretty good. I love "Du hast/hasst" for exactly that reason.
Happy listening! ^-^

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Try listening to E Nomine. They sing in almost all German, with some latin I think.

And they sing some English songs too. It's a good band. Has female vocals mixed in, which is cool.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.