FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Random Hatrack Confessions :) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Random Hatrack Confessions :)
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, pfresh, you know how to liven up a party! Take heart, it'll be better tomorrow!
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
quote:
Originally posted by ifmyheartcouldbeat:

-I have a horrible fear of people touching the bottom middle of my foot

I have never had any desire to do that. Until you just confessed your fear. And now, inexplicably, I'm tempted.
funny thing is..once i tell people.. i regret it because then it becomes a game of 'torture me'...
Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
You're safe with me. But that's only because I'm so far away. [Razz]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
<tickle tickle tickle>

[/end remote torture]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Two of my greatest fears for much of my life were the blob and purple smurfs.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I should be grading papers or cleaning off my desk but instead I am stalling and reading Hatrack.
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Mandy, I was thinking of the same thing. Obviously not the same cause in my father's case, I still haven't been able to get anyone to tell me how his developed. The point I was attempting to make was that they got so bad that he was on disability from the pain and bleeding, and I don't want to see you suffering a similar fate.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I've become addicted to a Japanese snack food called Pocky.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to three different shops today until I managed to get my hands on a copy of Mario Kart DS. Then the online didn't work! Stupid wireless router...
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, Pocky sticks are nummy! [Smile]

I used to be addicted to McVitie's digestives, but the addiction went away eventually after my regular access to them was curtailed.

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
My problem is that I just found a Japanese market not too far from my house.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Youth ap Orem
Member # 5582

- posted      Profile for Youth ap Orem   Email Youth ap Orem         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a rainbow colored blanket that I wear around the office I work in, whenever I get too cold.

I spend more time playing MMORPG's than I do working.

I haven't shaved my face since New Year's, and I plan to shave it all next New Year's.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't tell analog time without difficulty.
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I was secure in my sexuality until I saw Brokeback Mountain.

Now I know that I am as straight as straight gets. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being perfectly straight and 10 being perfectly gay (and 5 being bi), I'm 0.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you, aiua. I also don't do conversions well in my head. (Like dealing with time changes. Two hours ahead, or behind?)
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitsune
Member # 8290

- posted      Profile for Kitsune   Email Kitsune         Edit/Delete Post 
I still stumble around with my multiplication table.

But wait! You see, my brother introduced me to Mr. Calculator when I was in 3rd grade, the time of learning multiplication. Let's just say that I finished my math homework quickly.

Posts: 147 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

That's what I like about my digital watch, Beverly; it's got the three time zones that I need. All I need to remember is the obscenely long combination of buttons to get there!
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

I like that my new camcorder adjusts for timezones. Not that it is all that useful, but I like it nonetheless. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

Thanks to a fellow Hatracker, I've been brought into the "addicted to Battlestar Galactica" fold.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Amen, so have we!

But thanks to the accursed, may their toes always be smelly, Comcast Cable, we don't get the Sci-fi channel. I am waiting (rather impatiently) for us to be able to download the newest episodes. So far, no luck. [Frown]

Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a hard time spelling rhythm. And I'm a musician.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitsune
Member # 8290

I'm in the third level of piano, but I still can't read notes :X
Posts: 147 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

bev, that's sad. Our Comcast gets Sci-fi Channel. In fact, I tape Battlestar Galactica for this fellow Hatracker (or at least started taping it this past week). Now I'm addicted as well. *shrugs* That's the world we live in.
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean, Kitsune; I'll always and forever be going "Every good boy does fine" under my breath.
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

I think it may be a quirky thing about the city we are in. When we lived in the town just a couple miles over, the Sci-fi channel came standard. For some reason, here it doesn't. [Frown]
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
i'm not allowed to say everything i want to. don't ask, its dumb.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I am watching Star Trek: TNG at a ridiculously rapid pace. I am beginning to think in Data-like sentences and expect doors to slide open for me automatically.

*shifty eyes*

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Just checked our local Comcast line-up again. It lists the Sci-fi channel as being channel 160. You have to have a "special" cable package to get that. [Frown]
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm watching Star Trek: DS9 at a ridiculously rapid pace.

It's good stuff [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Indeed you are correct, Lyrhawn. It is 'good stuff'.

</Data>

[Big Grin]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

DS9 is more of a feel good show. Lots of comedy (Quark and Garak) and lots of cool fight scenes in the later seasons.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

I haven't actually seen any of it. I've heard mixed reviews...
aiua
Member # 7825

If people say, "Don't ask," I ask.

Sorry, Airmanfour, what?

Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen most of TNG and good amount of DS9 and they are good [Big Grin] But at the moment I am going through Angel at a ridiculously rapid pace, or at least if I would if mt friend would give my more then one season at a time [Grumble]
Don't ask, why.

Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 23 and I love playing RuneScape.
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I bought Luigi's Mansion and beat it in one sitting. I know it's a short game, but that's still kind of bad. At least I got my homework done though. [Big Grin]
airmanfour
Member # 6111

sorry aiua, if i told you i'd have to kill you.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Some of the best episodes of Star Trek, and for that matter, all of sci fi are in DS9.

I evidence "Far Beyond the Stars" from the sixth season.

Kitsune
Member # 8290

I like Britney Spears.

*exhales*

WOW! I feel free!!

airmanfour
Member # 6111

I own DS9 in its entirety. Uber-geek
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my ringtones is Kelly Clarkson's Since U Been Gone.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Voyager is my favourite ST series.

(I like the others. Just not as much.)

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too! Me too!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the President of my schools Science Club.

And, I'm also Vice President of Band

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

There are some favorite VOY episodes. I like Year of Hell, Message in a Bottle, Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy, Endgame.

I can't remember what it's called, but I love the episode where that planet thinks the doctor is a musical sensation and he sings a bunch of concert. That's one of my favorite episodes.

Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to band camp for all four years in high school, and then I staffed it after I graduated. Now I'm in my university's pep band because I missed snare drumming so much.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Voy and DS9 were the best ST in my opinion...

I use to be able to do calculas and now I can't even do simple 8th grade algebra.

In 10th grade once in AP Chemistry lab I grabbed a bunch of beakers of "stuff" and started mixing them randomly... It steamed a bit.

I check out technical books from the library (or lately I buy them) but never read them (looking at piles of books I've not read...). Some of the books are still in the shipping cardboard...

I got a bachelors degree in music but don't do anything musical except at church, which I don't think really counts.

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.