FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » war of the sexis (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: war of the sexis
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Can anyone guess what Kwea won't be doing for a while???????????
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheiros do ender:
Not really. Without oxygen we'd probably have about 4 minutes to live, and that's only if you can hold your breath really long. But if the sun ceases to exist we still have about 15 minutes to live. So I stand by my argument that Oxygen is better.

I've been known to hold my breath for 4 minutes and 23 seconds. But only in my sleep. [Dont Know] Does that help?
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
Well . . . most war games haven't gotten to the point where you can do fun things like arranging marriages with your children and the children of other powerful people, or dumping your husband for someone more powerful, or any of the other things that women do so well to gather influence. I mean, killing people and destroying cities is just so - obvious. And dead people don't pay taxes, now do they? Sims needs to get more involved, mwahahahahaha.

Which gender is better??? Have I wandered into another era??? I suppose I would have to say that anyone who tries to generalize a large group of people is inferior to one who does not do so.

Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Uhleeuh:
JenniK, final answer.

I'm sorry, that is incorrect....

[Evil]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In fact, a world with just me, and the rest of the population women, would be a superb thing.
That sounds more like torture to me.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cali-Angel-Cat
Member # 8799

- posted      Profile for Cali-Angel-Cat   Email Cali-Angel-Cat         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL!

We females rule. This next bit is said in just, but I am sure some may agree with me......

If we ran the country, there'd be problems for the men.

I know I few I'd love to give a serious whipping to!

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Could be the men wouldn't really have a problem with that. [Wink]
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Originally posted by Kwea:
quote:
I'm sorry, that is incorrect...
That's what Kwea thinks!!! [Taunt]
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Whippings?

*Brings out shillelagh*

Old school.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't play wargames myself, so I don't the exact content or context.

But I know I'd be a lot more likely to be a gamer if everything I've so far encountered didn't involve scantily-clad 48-MMM women. Okay, I'm exaggerating. But I would enjoy some games targeted more at women than teenage boys. And yes, this includes monster-slaying, war-mongering fantasy games.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

That's it....JenniK, you are officially cut off! [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
That's it....JenniK, you are officially cut off! [Wink]

Oooooh, them's fightin' werds. [Eek!]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you, Eaquae. I've managed to get to the point where I tune it out (unless it's REALLY egregious), but yeah, that would make my gaming much happier. I noticed the other day, though, that one of my guild wars characters could probably not comfortably stand upright in the real world.

This is why I like the Legend of Zelda games. [Smile]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing like midgets fighting big bad demons. J/K, I love the Zelda games. They are the only reason I buy Nintendo systems.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
Peeks inside topic, reads though then backs out slowly. [Angst] Knowing better than to say anything to anger the women folk. [Hail]

[Monkeys]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In fact, a world with just me, and the rest of the population women, would be a superb thing.
Yet, I'm sure you'd find a way to anger all of them enough to banish you to Antarctica. In any case, you'd have to change your title to something more appropriate, or maybe King of Men would be appropriate. [Wink]
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

King of Man, perhaps. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.