FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone like Rod Stewart?

Author Topic: Anyone like Rod Stewart?
Gecko
Member # 8160

- posted      Profile for Gecko           Edit/Delete Post 
I liked his old stuff, back when he was with the band The Faces.

Anyone else?

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
well
yes and no
HE SHOULD NOT SING STANDARDS!

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Rod.
Wake up Maggie, I think I've got something to say to you...

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tern
Member # 7429

- posted      Profile for tern   Email tern         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. He sounds like he gargles with gravel.
Posts: 561 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tern:
Nope. He sounds like he gargles with gravel.

[ROFL]
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Rod Stewart's great, though I agree his songs could probably be sung better by someone else (keeping the original arrangements). Also, I've always felt he takes too many songs from other people (even before the standards albums); and his albums in general seem to have declined since 1991's Vagabond Heart. But just about everything on the four-disc Storyteller set (covering up to 1990) is great.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
He did have some snazzy suits in the '80s...and seeing him kick soccer balls into the concert crowd is just funny.
Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
He was amazing back in the 1970's. After that...well, I think he kind of became immersed in his own status as a sex symbol. He turned into Tom Jones with a weird haircut.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I confused Richard Simmons with Rod Stewart when I read the title. Couldn't understand for the life of me why someone'd even bother asking..
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArCHeR
Member # 6616

- posted      Profile for ArCHeR   Email ArCHeR         Edit/Delete Post 
I put Rod Stewart in a group with Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney, and even Elton John. The group is people who used to rock, but went soft. I mean, if Robert Plant can still rock and stay innovative, then why can't these others?

Perhaps the Cream reunion will bring back Clapton's edge...

Posts: 238 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Cream reunion! This could be interesting.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yank
Member # 2514

- posted      Profile for Yank   Email Yank         Edit/Delete Post 
I quite liked Forever Young, but I'm really not familiar with much else that he's done. 'Course, I was born in 1982 and wasn't really paying much attention to which musician sings what during his era.
Posts: 1631 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
I really enjoy his CDs of standards...I just wish he'd sing with people whose voices contrast more with his own instead of Queen Latifah and such where it takes me a bit to identify who is whom
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArCHeR
Member # 6616

- posted      Profile for ArCHeR   Email ArCHeR         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, I think the Cream reunion tour is over. I think they're showing it on PBS, or Bravo, or something like that...
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.