FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Celebrate with me!

Author Topic: Celebrate with me!
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm moving on Friday. I'll be perpetually broke, but I'll be broke in a cute apartment that's spitting distance away from the MALL! (Window shopping of course!) [Wink]

This however, is not the reason I'm celebrating. I'm celebrating because:
  • I got a great deal on the rent because I happened to go into the leasing office on the last day of their "$150 off rent for a year" promo.
  • My friend referred me to this place (she lives there) and told me that she'll split the $300 kickback she gets with me!
  • I used rent.com (awesome) to contact the place and look at other places, so I get a $100 kickback from THEM!

Isn't that wonderful? Makes me happy....even though I'll be sitting on spools and crates for a while. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Moving is a pain, but it sounds like yours's going quite well. Congrats!
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
That is awesome!
[The Wave]
Congrats!

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh...hate to break it to you, but Rent.Com is picky about it...they have to be the SOLE referer to give you the money.

I am still waiting form my $100 from them, and they WERE the only ones who refered me, and I MADE SURE it was on the rental paperwork (or they try to wiggle out of paying), and I moved here two months ago. [Frown]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Yeah, I know they'll take forever, but I'm still going to give it a shot. The lady at my complex said that she's done both kinds of referrals and they've come through (Person referral and rent.com referral.)
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I got a great deal on the rent because I happened to go into the leasing office on the last day of their "$150 off rent for a year" promo.
It's great that you got such a good deal, and like your new place so much, but in my experience, anytime that you walk into a place and they inform you that you just happened to have walked in on the last day that some amazing offer is being extended, they're usually lying, telling you that it's the last day of the promotion in hopes of getting you to commit to them then and there, since if you take a day to think about it, you'll miss out on the savings. I've fallen for this before, and my ex-wife, who is now in sales, confirms that it's a technique that is used at the gym she now works for.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Narnia!

When's the 'rack housewarming?

*grin*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Noemon, I figured that. I thought "How odd that your promotion ends on a Wednesday." [Big Grin] But, I know I am getting the sale because my rent really is $150 less than my friend who referred me who is living in an apartment two floors up from me with the same square footage and layout.

I knew what she was paying when I went in so when they told me the rent they would charge me, I didn't care if they were lying about the promotion! [Smile] It really was cheaper.

Narnia
Member # 1071

Ooh Shan, that's a great idea! [Smile] I think I'll have to get some furniture first, but you and Nathan and John and romany and anyone else are welcome any time. [Smile] I plan to create a haven of comfort and warm fuzzies with plenty of places to crash for the night if needed or just hang out.

This is the dream anyway. [Wink]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia, this is fabulous! You'll love having your own place. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I know. It'll be so fun to have a place to put all my books.

You're coming up to visit, aren't you Katie?

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so wonderful!! Good luck on your move and making the place your home. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo hoo! Moving into a new place is so much fun! [Wink]
Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Would you like a big blue couch? A couple of small white stools? Do you have enough bedding? Linens? Dishes?

My cool little truck might be able to transport the couch if you want it and I can find someone to load it . . . I'll need to measure. But it can certainly fit some smaller stuff . . .

And in fact, it's perfectly willing to drive down there and toodle around looking for furniture sales, yard sales, etc., some weekend.

*grins*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh fun!! Congrats! [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Shan, do you really have a big blue couch that you don't need? !!! I would come and GET it if that was the case.

ludosti and David, thanks. [Smile] I'm excited.

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, congrats... I didn't mean to sound all "bah-humbug" about the move. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Smile]
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! Whereabouts in Portland is this? Have I walked past your building never suspecting that one day you'd be residing there? Congrats!
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

YES! I DO have a big blue couch I don't need. It would love to live with you!

You might even find some other fun things that you need!

Narnia
Member # 1071

Ooooh, let's talk. If you're in town over Christmas break, maybe I could take a trip up to get it. *dances* That would help me so much! (((Shan)))

Zotto, I'm going to be in Beaverton now, right at the intersection of Scholl's Ferry road and Murray. I'm about 5 minutes away from Washington Square Mall. (When are you moving back to Portland?)

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That was one heck of a deal right there.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

I will be in town! All my weekends are negotiable. You can even have it sooner than Christmas! Would you like a big red bow on it? [Big Grin]

What else do you need, Cecily? There's enough of us round about that can help with the basics, I imagine.

*sighs for the long-gone days of cedar chests that spent the first 18 years of a girl's life being filled for when she moved into her own home*

Shan
Member # 4550

Hey Cecily! Any weekend in particular you were thinking about for the couch?

How ARE you liking your new home?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.