FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Best Christmas Lights Display E V E R

Author Topic: Best Christmas Lights Display E V E R
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Linky

So it's probably fake. I checked Snopes , it's unconfirmed, so there's still a possibility that it is real.

I don't even care if it isn't real. It's awesome.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That gave me a headache.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Some people have no appreciation for obnoxious holiday decorations [Wink]
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to know what equipment you need for timing your lights like that. I've no ambition to go *quite* that nuts, but I'd love to set up a nicely timed show.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
A dotcom dedicated to the ChristasLightShow, which is currently being experiencing demand overload.
And Light-O-Rama to tick off your own neighbors to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra or whatever music your heart desires.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh lord. Can you imagine (if that *is* real) trying to live in that house? Or worse, nextdoor?
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine it is only at "showtime", otherwise it would be outrageous....providing it is for real, that is.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd hate to be the neighbor but I'd love to witness one of these as a drive-by sort of thing!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no doubt that a clever electronics guru could do anything with enough work and christmas lights [Smile]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
My 19 month old daughter was in my lap when I watched this, and she couldn't have cared less about the lights, but she got obsessed with the animated monkey in the ad on the right. It was pretty cute, hearing her say 'monkey, monkey!' over and over. The interesting thing is she only has one stuffed monkey and hasn't seen any cartoon ones before, yet she knew what it was right away. Kids can be amazing sometimes.
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Best ever? What about this one? [Smile] (If you look around that site, you can find photos of me and suneun/dabbler playing and/or wiring the thing up.)
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

That was pretty cool as well, Mike..although I really liked the other. [Big Grin]

I actually liked the other light show this guy did better, to the swing version of "jingle Bells"...it is cool....

You can find a link to it on the snopes page. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Here is the second show that I really liked. [Big Grin]
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm jealous. I posted this a couple days ago, but it was hosted by a website that was lacking bandwith.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy cow...wow...

Oh God...the neighbors...can you imagine?

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Snopes now says this is true. {shudder}
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
The Carson Williams light show is over. The traffic got too bad, and a fender-bender occurred. Official vehicles couldn't easily reach the accident because of the traffic. [Frown]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I thought when I saw the link: "This could be a hazard to navigation."
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently it became worse after news spread on the Internet and the family was on the "Today" show.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, that house isn't too far from where I live. Only like 20 mins or something.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that light display on the television the other day.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Off-topic: Why have people started using "linky" for the name of a link? All it reminds me of is the ghosts from Pac-Man: Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and, well, not Clyde/Sue, but ...
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
My favourite bit in the second link is when everything goes off just for the one tree on the "bing!" That made me laugh.

That's incredible.

And Omega people have always used linky.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Maybe they could schedule a time every day do to it, and then the neighbors would have forwarning of when traffic will be backed up?
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
The problem is, Lyrhawn, The traffic is so bad that police and fire/rescue couldn't get in to that area of the town, so if there were a fire, they couldn't get in to help.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Yeah, but perhaps if there were a designated time, they could coordinate traffic. Maybe if neighbors were okay with it they could block off that block for a specified time period and ensure that a lane was cleared and threaten to shut it down if people don't comply.

That would allow emergency services to get in at will.

Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
it ran from 6-10pm
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I was suggesting a much shorter time. Or maybe ONE single run through of the show twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. That way they clear out fast.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.