FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Harry Potter movie related poll (spoilers)

Author Topic: A Harry Potter movie related poll (spoilers)
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, just because I'm curiously about something...

What are your two favorite scenes from any of the Harry Potter films? They don't have to be the scenes you think are the most objectively well-done or most important - just the ones that you found most memorable or enjoyable, personally. And don't look at other people's responses before you answer.

Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
most def the scene when harry brings back cedrics body ... i balled histerically (and i read the book!) it was really well done

i also was amuzed with the scene in the bubble bath ..even though i didn't like it in the book (whoops)

i hated the dragon scene...why would they make that so long and then make the first 20 mins of the movie seem liek a game to see how much they could fit in in the shortest amount of time..??

i thoroughly enjoyed the movie though..best one yet. [Smile]

[ November 26, 2005, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: ifmyheartcouldbeat ]

Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dh
Member # 6929

- posted      Profile for dh   Email dh         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, I thought that Harry's performance in the bringing-back-cedric's-body scene was really fake and unconvincing. I didn't like that scene at all. And the bubble-bath scene was in the book, not exactly the same as the movie, but close enough.

But I can't really say which is my favourite scene, because I would have to rewatch all the movies first to think of that. I can certainly say that the third is still my favourite, though that may change after I've seen the fourth a couple more times.

Posts: 609 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
The first time I saw Quidditch, but it might just be because it was the first time I saw Quidditch.

Every time the Weasley twins were on screen, particularly in the fourth movie.

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silkie
Member # 8853

- posted      Profile for Silkie   Email Silkie         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the Bath scene too. Though I do remember Myrtle being in the bathroom with Harry in the book I didn't remember it being quite as amusing as the scene in the movie was! I'm rereading it before I go back to see the movie again!

I liked the Twins being more emphasized, too, and it was fun to see Neville blossom, but it's too hard to pick a second favorite scene, there were so many.

Posts: 337 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
In CoS when Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Prof. Lockhart are hanging on to the phoenix and it is flying them out of the chamber and Prof. Lockhart says, 'amazing, it's just like magic.' Or something like that.

In SS when Hagrid breaks the door down and says, 'sorry about that."

Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't say I hated it, but cannot say I liked it enough either. It was worth watching for the scene with the flying horses and ship and for the scene in the graveyard, which is better in my head though.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely the scene with voldy. I thought that was amazingly well done. Voldy was incredibly scary and the scene sent shivers down my spine. I also loved the Yule Ball. It showed all the kids being teenagers, jumping to the music like they did at my highschool dances. Hermione also looked wonderful. So those two would be my choices.

Opps. Definitely didn't read the post carefully. Those scenes are just from the 4th one. I can't say what my favorites are throughout the books.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
These aren't necessarily my favorite, but two that pop to mind: When Harry and Hermione are watching themselves as they've traveled back in time in PoA. I liked the expressions on their faces as they watched Hermione punch Draco (again), and when Hermione said "Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?"

I also loved the scene from the latest movie when Fred & George try to fool the Goblet of Fire and put their names in, and their potion backfires on them and they turn out looking old.... I laughed out loud at that whole scene. Fred & George were so funny in this whole movie.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
The part in the third movie when Sirius is trying to hold off Lupin's lycanthropy by grabbing him and trying to draw out his more human side. It was so sweetly heartbreaking, even if it differed from the book
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked that part too, sarcasticmuppet, especially since it didn't work, which WAS faithful to the book and to the nature of werewolves.
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, goodness, excellent question.

1) Movie Three, Harry and Lupin on the big spindly bridge, talking. That scene really made an impact on me. All the Lupin scenes did.

2) The opening scene of the first movie. Because I cried. [Smile]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite was in POA. Harry and his roomies are eating that candy that makes you sound like an animal. The scene was so beautifully done. I got a chance to see Harry the Teenager instead of Harry the One Who Survived, or Harry the Burdened Child, etc.

My second favorite was when Hagrid searched out Harry (SS) and told him he was a wizard and to get ready to start his new life. Even though Daniel Radcliffe wasn't a very good actor in that film, I think he still portrayed it brilliantly.

EDIT: Even after reading all the posts in this thread (which I read after posting according to directions), I still pick these scenes.

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked the scene where Ron and Harry are in the stolen car and flying over the Hogwarts Express as it passes through the northern countryside. My other favorite scene is probably when Harry makes the glass disappear to let the snake escape at the zoo.

I have to say that scene I was most anticipating was the quidditch world cup. I understand that it wasn't particularly pertinent to the plot, but we get so much insight into adult wizarding culture, and it would have been great to see the flying, not the whole thing obviously, but at least some of it.

Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Graveyard. Voldemort. Ralph Fiennes. Totally fracking awesome.

Ron and Lockhart's interaction after the busted Obliviate in the tunnel to the Chamber. "Do you live here?" "...No..." *thunk*

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite scene in Sorcerer's Stone is when Harry is preparing for school at Diagon Alley and on Hogwarts Express. Fun scenes.

Favorite scene in Chamber of secrets... when they get to the Burrow and Diagon Alley.. again.

Favorite scenes in Prisoner of Azkaban when Harry is riding the Hoppogriff, and when Lupin teaches them about Bogarts... that should have been way longer! [Smile] and then when Harry and Sirius are talking while looking at the beautifully lit Hogwarts castle.

Favorite scenes in Goblet of fire....the first port key, that was really well done and the pegasuses flying with the carriage and of course the Yule Ball except for when Hermione yells at Ron and then cries... what was that all about?!

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.