FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Advice, Needed Please

Author Topic: Advice, Needed Please
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I was sent to the ER after having a collapse two weeks ago. I was scared out of my wits and couldn't sleep, took a lot of stimulants, and had a mental breakdown the next day. I am now feeling the same amount of fright et al; I want to leave the house I'm in and get to somewhere where I can feel safe et al, but I do not know what to do.

I fear that I am on the verge of the same situation. I'm not eminently there, but I'm getting closer, and I'm scared, and I need some help.

Please give it to me. Numbers to call or groups or places. I live in MA.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going back to the ER. Wish me luck.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Crap, sorry we were slow. Good luck man, we're all pulling for you.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
We had 4 minutes...sorry.

Phanto, you might consider getting in touch with mackillian via AIM. There are also some medically connected folks in your area, so perhaps they'll have some suggestions for you.

I'm not sure what the sequence of events is/was but, obviously, stay off the stimulants. I'm glad you're headed to the ER. If you're having a bad reaction to some chemicals you've ingested, I'm sure they'll be able to help you a lot quicker than we could.

Good luck and please let us know how things went and if you are in need of longer-term assistance.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a panic attack to me - make sure that you follow up with someone in the medical field who doesn't work in the ER, k? The people who work in the emergency room are amazing, but I would book an apointment (or appointments) with somebody who can take a little more time to talk to you and offer ideas and solutions.

Feel better! [Group Hug]

Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you are OK, and it all works out. Has this ever happened before? Do you have a real reason to worry about your safety, or is this comming out of left field all of the sudden?

I hope you feel safe wherever you end up, and I second the need to see someone about this.

Good Luck, and God bless.

[Frown]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desta
Member # 8777

- posted      Profile for desta   Email desta         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have any family in the area which you could stay with until you are a little more secure?
Posts: 22 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
Narcotics Anonymous, based on the taking stimulants thing. You can get the info from the local paper or off their web site. Do be aware the web-site info on this sort of thing is sometimes not current. Good luck!
Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Good golly! I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so lousy. You used good judgement in getting emergency help. In my county, we have a Behavioral Health Crisis Center that is just the place to go for such a situation. They are also very good with follow up and referrals for further (non-crisis) help.

Amphetamine abuse can cause psychotic episodes. If you can't stay away from the drugs, you may need the kind of help that you can get in drug rehab. Psychotic episodes are scary enough to motivate you to stay away from the stuff.

I hope that you are feeling better soon. Be sure to follow up with professional help (psychiatry or counselling or both) after the crisis to avoid future meltdowns.

I'm pulling for you! Good luck.

(What a crummy way to spend Thanksgiving) [Frown]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
((Phanto))
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Phanto)))

Hoping you're OK. We're here for you.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JTruant711
Member # 8868

- posted      Profile for JTruant711           Edit/Delete Post 
If you took some bad crank, lock yourself in a room and don't come out until you feel better. You might freak out, but if you go someplace, ie. a hospital, they might put you in jail afterward. My advice: stay in a room until you come down. Unless you took some sort of lesser amphetamine, which, you might freak and puke your guts out, in which case, I would go to the E.R.

Remember kids, drugs are bad, hope you get better.

Posts: 73 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... I hope you're alright, Phanto! [Frown] Please keep us posted about your condition when you can, ok? ((((Phanto))))
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you'll be alright and email me if you need anything.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know where you are in MA, but google informed me that this organization called Power Over Panic has a chapter in Boston. If you find out you have a panic disorder, they might be helpful.

I hope you're okay! Please let us know what happens.

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh. He still hasn't posted. Wonder if he was admitted inpatient.

Still sending good thoughts out to you, Phanto!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
For his sake, I hope that he was. It'll give him the help and safety he needs.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Definately sounds like a panic or anxiety attack
(I read the first post - that he didn't take the drugs the first time until AFTER the panic attack had started, not that the attack was caused by drugs, and now he (she?) is feeling the same way).

I hope the hospital ER has people knowledgable about this to point Phanto in the right direction for anti-anxiety help.

I've seen panic attacks in people, and feel so helpless at the moment.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like panic attacks to me, too. Sometimes caffeine will push me into one combined with one kind of stress or another. Hope you're doing ok, Phanto.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.