FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why do my relationships have to be so complicated?? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why do my relationships have to be so complicated??
tern
Member # 7429

- posted      Profile for tern   Email tern         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't understand something though, how can wanting to be a woman if you are a man be a sin?
Well, I'd argue it's a sin, and I'd love to take up space explaining why, but it's immaterial. Every relationship is populated by sinners. [Smile] I don't think anyone is concerned because of it's religious implications, we're concerned because of the added difficulty that it puts on the relationship.

I was young once, before I was a bitter conservative ideologue and religious zealot, and I remember approaching every relationship like it was the last, and thinking that I'd feel so bad if I didn't find a right person for me. It passes. And you should eventually find the right person. Don't be too quick to jump into this.

Posts: 561 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
If I were in the analogous situation (a man attracted to a woman who wants to be a man), I'd probably go out with her without making any long-term commitments. When she became sufficiently masculine to be unattractive to me, I'd probably let her go (having dropped some hints before this that I would do so).
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I think just the fact that she wasn't comfortable in her own gender would be enough reason for me not to date her. But I like things to be reasonably simple.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try my best to carry things out accordingly, I don't think I am making a mistake. I agree with the last two comments to some degree, but at the same time...as I said...its about the person.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the two of you could be friends?
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
*this happens to be a line from the person that you are all talking about*

Freindship is important, and I personally have always believed that it takes time to grow into love. The most important thing to me at this moment is to honestly not hurt AoD, because maybe she is falling a little too fast and no one can stop her from that. Still that doesn't mean she is wrong to fall like that. What I tell her now is to be patient as I said not too long ago. I agree with you all for warning her about the drama, because believe me there is a lot. As for my sanity let me put it this way, I've been doing this for two long years now, I know who I am and have learned to never compromise that for anyone, the best I could do is keep them from being hurt by it.

So to Miss AoD, you are beautiful, and very sweet and I'll be honest I do care for you, but I worry that you'd be unhappy. Be patient, smile, and remember reguardless if its me or someone you really deserve any relationship comes with understanding and compromise. You're 18 hon, and I think you're bound for something amazing.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Freindship is important, and I personally have always believed that it takes time to grow into love. The most important thing to me at this moment is to honestly not hurt AoD, because maybe she is falling a little too fast and no one can stop her from that.

Dude, let me translate for you: "I'm flattered, Altariel, but you should really start looking for the exit."
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Tom, you just got it all wrong.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
That's an enormous relief.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tern
Member # 7429

- posted      Profile for tern   Email tern         Edit/Delete Post 
It does seem like he's trying to let you down nicely. Plus for him as a person, but probably not the optimum indicator for crunchy relationship goodness.
Posts: 561 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
OK....sorry about that, it seemed a little weird, that's all.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

It's alright Kwea. After all is said and done, I still think that he may have feelings for me, he just doesn't want to get me involved into anything so complicated. I thought about what my family expected for me to look for in a man, and after such thoughts, I know that none of those expectations are what I want for myself. In other words, no matter who I am with, my family will always have some objection because what I want is completely different from what they want for me.

EDIT: Whoa! Time for a landmark already?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.