FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone still up? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Anyone still up?
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BGgurl:
blacwolve - ¿Que nivel de español estudias? Olvidé

P.S. If you can understand this, you'll probably do fine [Wink]

I can't, at least not without a dictionary, but I did fine anyway. I guessed the night before what the listening bit would be on and how it would be formatted, and I was write.

Then we played Jeopardy in class and my group (only three of us were contributing at all) did so much better than everyone else that the teacher didn't bother doing double jeopardy because there was no way anyone could beat us. [Big Grin]

These things don't happen to me often, so I'm incredibly excited.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh here I am... playing Ogame and reading Hatack. [Smile]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Just for the record, I don't think people are nearly as excited by my discovery of haikus as they should be. So I've decided to give you another chance.

quote:

Heat of autumn.
Spots of the leopard
Appear viscous under the sun.

Kakio Tomizawa
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
And here I am, finishing up a rather stressful email. Attempting to explain thoughts which are really very confusing at 2 AM is a bit rough on the eyes and mind, especially when the 7 hours of sleep I got last night was more than twice what I'd gotten the previous two nights. Haha ... do the math. Anyways, I'm leaving now. I am no longer going to be 'still up'. I am going to bed and hopefully sleep in and eagerly await a reply. To the email. Not to this. Yeah. G'night.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
blacwolve,

That is lovely. Unfortunately, I'm in a less than elevated state of mind and am more concerned with the lack of a "k" in your name than the lovely imagery of Tomizawa.

::hums:: "I feel like a number"

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
The lack of an "s" at the end bothers me a bit more than the "k" for some reason.
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BGgurl
Member # 8541

- posted      Profile for BGgurl   Email BGgurl         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Ten til two in the morning and I'm still playing around on the Internet. I *should* be studying for my Ethnic Studies exam. Such an idiot.
Posts: 106 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Wow, I didn't realize it was so late. I'm up worrying. It's my new occupation.

Rico and LadyDove- You have no idea how many attempts I had to make to finally find something that had both black and wolf in it. I've had blacwolve for 6 years now, and I've grown into it so much I can't imagine anything else.

sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm up coughing so hard that I'm waking my husband up. Edit: Can I join in?
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
What are you worrying about blacwolve?
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm writing an article, but having a hard time with my really fuzzy cotton-stuffed head. But like I keep on saying, this is mid-day for me. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

Hi quid
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

I think you were the first person to welcome me and I didn't get to see until it was so far into the thread that it would have been weird to say anything, so I'll do it now, thanks for the welcome.
blacwolve
Member # 2972

It changes night by night. Tonight, I'm worried because my breasts are really tender, last night I was worried I wouldn't get the scarves I'm crocheting done in time for Christmas. None of them are things that I really should be worrying about.
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

I sent an email to someone (from a thread a few days ago) about crocheting snowflakes, (did you happen to see that post?) I can't remember who it was now that I sent it to, I should do a search but I'm too tired right now.
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I didn't mean anything by it, I was just being silly blacwolve [Smile]

I do wonder about the screenname though, is it because you like the color black and you also happen to like wolves?

Oh and why not make it blackwolf or blackwolves?

Like I said, just silly stuff I tend to wonder about every once in a while [Big Grin]

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, sweetbaboo, you're welcome. [Smile] And don't worry about stuff like that - like commenting on a post a page or whatever later. People here do it all the time.

Hey, blacwolve, I hear you. I'm a worrier, too. Fahim keeps telling me not to, but I have a hard time stopping.

I'm not worrying today, though. I'm just all crampy and headachey and backachey and basically miserable. And not doing too much of anything, including cooking nutritional meals. Ack.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
blacwolve,

I was bagging more on myself for obsessing on such a trivial thing.

Is it close to *that* time of the month? Breast tenderness is pretty common during hormonal changes.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Theaca was talking about crocheting snowflakes, was it her?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Aqui estoy yo, me sient como mierda. Se que no tengo el derecho de sentirme como me siento, pero eso no me ayuda de nada ya que me sigo llenando el corazon de envidia.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I keep taking pain killers, and more pain killers, and more pain killers, but the cramps and the headache and such just aren't letting up. *whine*
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Oy vey, I just keep taking coffee.

But now I ran out, so I guess that's the end of that. But it's still early on this coast, and I still have more studying to do.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

I think you are right KQ, it was Theaca.
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Oh, I wasn't angry at all, I just felt like I should say something to acknowledge I read it.

Rico- I was obsessed with wolves when I was younger. Originally I wanted Black Wolf, but it wasn't available through yahoo. I tried different combinations until blacwolve went through. That was about 7 years ago, and I've been using it ever since. I'm the only one on the internet, which is sort of nice.

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
So ... how bout it? Anyone still up? I'm trying to get to 200 posts before I go to sleep and this is the only thread that I feel comfortable posting absolutely nothing on. But only once if no one responds ... Then I'll wait for someone to answer me in either Begging the Question or Word Assosciations. hehe. I'm horrible.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

I'm up lurking around because I don't have much to say, like you, this is the only thread that I can post in...I saw that you went to Narnia. I can't wait to see that. I was concerned that the witch didn't look "witchy" and ruthless enough in the trailers. What did you think?
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Precisely my thoughts. She was creepy to be sure, but not as ... well, scarily powerful. She's supposed to be what, 7 feet tall? She wasn't very awe inspiring. Just kinda ... eyuk. She did a decent job ... it wasn't a huge problem. But its definately something I would've changed.
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

Huh. That's too bad. I'm still excited to see it. What is the age limit you'd consider taking kids to see it? (I'm tired so I don't know if I worded that very well.) Congrats on your 200th post though!
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

:-D. Thanks! Umm ... There isn't any blood whatsoever (maybe a damp spot at one point, but nothing really). The battle scenes are pretty well done. No violence is really highlighted overmuch. It really could have been much more intense. The parts that could have been intense were pretty much cut short. But that said, there are still battle scenes and there is death and some creepy creatures (I thought the minotaur was a bit goofy myself). so if the child is easily scared, it might be questionable. But overall I think its nothing worse than what you'd see on ... say ... oh crapola. I can't think of anything comparable. Oh well. If you want a specific age limit, I'd say most 8 year olds I know would be able to handle it.

and btw, the soundtrack is freaking awesome! I absolutely loved it

kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, I didn't think the witch was very menacing, or whatever she was supposed to be.

But I'm off to bed.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

Good to know. I read the book to both my 9 yr old and my 6 yr old and I'm pondering taking them. They've enjoyed the early Harry Potter movies (I won't let them see this last one though) but I've waited until they were out on DVD so we could watch them at home with the lights on and such. So I think if they can handle that, they should be ok.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

I was sort of dissapointed in the wolves. They were a bit too CGI. The growly voices seened overdone. And ... ummm ... trying to think of anything else I didn't like about the movie ... ummm ... no, I think everything else was acceptable. A bit cheesy at parts, but overall a great movie. And may I say, they did a sUPERB job on Mr. Tumnus
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

Thanks for the visit about Naria, my cough is settling down and so I'm going to try to go back to bed. Night.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Sweet dreams
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Any other conversation starters?
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

[Sleep] guess not. sleepy time for me. g'night all. or good morning.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
By back and neck hurt, and they're making my head hurt, and so even though I'm sleepy and tired I can't sleep, even with the heating pack. [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
It's nearly 6am, and I'm still up.

Really, though. The cold medicine is warping my mind.

And also, my roommate had a pretty crazy party which, although small, still led to people making out in our hallway and then going into our bathroom and refusing to come out despite the fact that other people had to pee. I think some things were broken. The music was really loud. And I didn't have a drink all night, being sick and on the crazy cold meds. Therefore, the party was more of an annoyance, whereas had I been drinking, I would've had a helluva time and possibly attempted to become one of the hallway maker-outers.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Wee I'm still up, but it's because I've developed an addiction to West Wing.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chreese Sroup
Member # 8248

- posted      Profile for Chreese Sroup           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for leaving for in a quarter hour.
Posts: 189 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I finally finished finals and finals papers. I'm awake, and I'm doing a bit of the drinky drinky.

Please entertain me.

AIM: teacup killer

I require the entertainment. I've been having trouble getting to bed at a decent hour lately. I'm rather amusing when I'm tipsy...

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
Roses are red,
My hard drive's formattin'
I'll fill it up,
With pics of Manhattan.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Dear Nato,

Your listed AIM doens't work. This makes me sad.

-pH

quidscribis
Member # 5124

Again with the teacup killing! Why, oh why, must you insist on slaughtering teacups? If they're chipped or cracked or smashed or otherwise useless, then I can see putting them out of their misery, but otherwise, it's just cruel. Cruel, I tell you.

-----

I couldn't get the thread I needed for a dress I want to sew. The place I normally go to for thread was closed (they have a great selection), so went to the little 2'x3' booth thingy instead, and they didn't have the right colors. [Frown] I'll have to try again next week at the first place and hope they're open.

But I did manage to get burgundy bias tape, so I can finish my aprons. Except I forgot buttons, so I'll have to use safety pins instead until I can get da buttons. [Smile]

And I got a thimble that fits! I have big hands and big fingers - men's medium or larger gloves only, please don't try to fool me with a women's large, it won't fit - and they had one that actually fit! You have no idea how difficult this has been for me in the past!

-----

And now that we've had our land line connection for a year and two months, we FINALLY get a telephone directory.

Yay.

-----

We watched an Asian French movie today. Thai film, filmed in Thailand with mostly Thai people speaking... French. All French. Not dubbed, and excellent accents.

Les Fils de Vent. Pretty incredible stunts, no CGI from what I read, and graceful as these dudes and dudette jump all over buildings from here to there and back again and... Building jumpers, I think they're called.

Plot ain't great, no character development to speak of, but the action is entertaining and fun to watch.

And I even understood bits and pieces of the French. [Smile]

Yeah, it's been an exciting day. [Big Grin]

dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
I just stayed up all night, again, to finish a project I was supposed to do for today, which I didn't do, (thanks Hatrack) and guess what? SNOW DAY!!!

[Party]

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

So. Its pretty late, but not too late here in sunny Florida. Got down to a brisk 42 degrees tonight, but was in the 60's most of the day. Nasty wreck on I4 this morning on my way to work. Luckily I just spent the whole day mucking out a lake. Wonderful. And then I spent the evening with two of the funnest people I know. And I was going to be an idiot, but decided against it. I've found that when dealing with people, Occams Razor tends to work marvelously, and when it doesn't, know one can blame you.

I'm sort of frustrated though. I can't help but feel like I'm holding my friend back. Its my insecurities ... I feel as though I have nothing to offer while everyone else has tons. It's like if I really truly cared for her I would back off and let her be happy hanging out with other people.

But that is bad talk! I can't think like that. That is why I should not stay up late! I depress myself. She is perfectly capable of making her own decisions, and if by some weird quirk of fate, there is something in me which draws her, so be it! It makes me happy. And gosh darn it, I'm going to enjoy being happy.

So tonight I also chugged one of those little cups of ketchup they give you at fast food resturants. Got $1.10 for it too. Every penny counts.

And I'm rambling horribly, but thats what this thread is for, right?

So I ask someone "If I go to X college, will you come too?". Someone says "sure". Now time gets neared and someone is saying that they very well may not go to the college I have decide upon. It saddens me, as I'm quite scared of going away to college.

nyah nyah! Imma get my Bachelor's degree by age 19!

And then I'm going to be lost without a purpose in this word. So sad.

So I'm going horseback riding tomorrow. On some very skittish horses. I suppose I should get a good nights rest. Goodnight.

blacwolve
Member # 2972

I just saw Narnia. I have to say I was disappointed. Though really, I'm not sure Aslan can ever be as magestic as he is in my imagination. I was so hoping though...
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
i was wondering how that would work, myself. i guess there are some things that just cannot be captured on film.....
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

quote:
Originally posted by blacwolve:
I just saw Narnia. I have to say I was disappointed.

Disappointed with Narnia????? How dare you insult her!!!!! [Razz]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

So. Anyone else up? Or am I all alone in the cold, cold world?
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.