FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone still up? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Anyone still up?
Fahim
Member # 5482

- posted      Profile for Fahim   Email Fahim         Edit/Delete Post 
Sleeping on fish oil? That sounds rather difficult to do ... [Razz]
Posts: 136 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by LadyDove:
quid,

Have you tried fish oil?

No, I haven't. Does it help? If so, why? But good suggestion. *off to do research*

Oh! I'll also mention that the increased insomnia is due partially to increased insomnia due to perimenopause and partially due to increased restless leg syndrome activity. *sigh*

As for Fahim, I'm just ignoring him. [Wall Bash]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*thwaps Fahim*

That was 'cause quid missed and got me.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Hah!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fahim
Member # 5482

She always misses, if I had a thwap for everytime she missed .... [Razz]
Posts: 136 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*thwaps Fahim for every time she's missed*

This may take a while, but it's so worth it.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

*thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap* *thwap*
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*smites Fahim with the Ketchup of Righteousness for good measure*
Fahim
Member # 5482

Hah, now she missed the post - the board locked her out because it suspected her of being a flooder [ROFL]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Um, that is so past tense.
Fahim
Member # 5482

Your Ketchup of Righteousness glances off my Chafing Dish of Evildoing and hits quid right smack dab in the face [Razz]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*smites and thwaps Fahim some more*

Cower, fool! I will not stand by as you insult my evil mistress' posting skillz! Or my smiting skillz! You don't get to say where the Ketchup goes; it is far superior to your puniness!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And my fetus is now kicking in your general direction! So there!

Beware the fetal kicking!!!

Fahim
Member # 5482

Cover? You can't use a cover to trump my chafing dish [Razz]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*fetus kicks more*
quidscribis
Member # 5124

You're chafing? You might want to get that rash taken care of...
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Here, I have some cream that might help... *hands Fahim some acid cream*
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Minion, you serve me well. [Evil]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Thank you, your Evilness. [Evil]
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still up...was just busying myself with the bacherlorette thread...

[Razz]

Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
dr strangelove, having a 'diagnosis' isn't the be-all end-all of sanity. I actually highly doubt your 'insane' and it doesn't seem you've got a formal thought disorder. A diagnosis is just a step towards treatment of a medical condition, means they've figured out what's wrong and can get along to treating it.

I do understand the inherent distrust of psychologists. I used to have that trust as well. But therapy and medication (and you're welcome to email or AIM me about the story) have give me my life back.

...and that control that you speak of.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

So. How's everyone else tonight?
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Good. I'm reading a buddy's novel (it's good enough to make me jealous) and eating cupcakes and listening to Bubba the Love Sponge.

Also downloading the new episode of The Shield.

Bubba is a funny dude.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
So. I just got back from a Man-Jama party. Kinda was a bust, considering it was for college age students and I'm only in college by a technicality. The only two other guys I knew there were like me, technically college students, but not university students. So we played Halo for about 7 hours. Not a bad way to spend the night. But now I come home and something is making noises in my attic. Rather loud, disturbing noises. If I weren't so tired, I would go up and see if some homeless man found a place to live up there. But I am tired. And that dangable noise is keeping me awake. Oh, the quandry's of life.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
quid,

Sorry for the tardy answer. I got the fish oil idea from Card's World Watch Essay. He says that it has done wonders for his sleep patterns, though nothing in the lit mentions sleep as a benefit of fish oil.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been listening to speeches at American Rhetoric for the last couple hours.

I should go to bed soon...

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

LadyDove, we have fish oil - we bought it for Fahim's eczema, but think it might have made it worse - so now I'm taking it. [Big Grin] Thanks for the suggestion!
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's 6 am and I'm still up, but I think I'm the only one. *waits around for someone to talk to*
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm up.
Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the throes of writing a good story. I've discovered that this can be more intoxicating than reading a good story.

Consequently, I can't sleep because I'm obsessing. Of course, I'm a night owl anyway, so that's hardly a shock.

I just feel this bubbly euphoria, full of joy that this wonderful story actually came out of my imagination. I've written many stories in the past. I don't always feel this. In fact, I don't think I've EVER felt quite this strongly about my writing. So I'm indulging myself. It IS a good story.

Better than "Respite".

Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I'm up! But it's only late afternoon for me...

R. Ann, how would you prefer to be called? R. Ann? Ann? Rachel (I think that's what you've been called elsewhere)?

It's great to hear about your experience with writing. Exciting, really. [Smile] Thanks for sharing.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm up! Oh wait. I just got up 20 minutes ago. >_<
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

You can call me either Rachel, which is what I go by in person, or Ann, which I think sounds nice and I use a lot online. If I could, I'd change my registered name to Rachel Ann Dryden, but I don't know how.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I don't believe you can. Sorry!

Okey dokey, I'll call you, alternately, Rachel or Ann, depending on my mood, and just to confuse you. [Smile]

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm awake.

I finished filling out my tax paperwork, today.

Phew.

Now, I probably ought to put together the newsletter article and the colorful flyers I promised the school.

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
So my friend's dad bought Firefly. Just got home from watching a few of the episodes ... War Stories was the last one we watched. Good stuff, good stuff. Such a good show. Anyways, to continue rambling, I finally got permission to have a computer in my room. Makes a lot more sense than keeping it on the porch. so tomorrow I have to clean my room. Really exciting. And fill out college apps. Even more exciting. But right now I'm off to go play my new computer game - Smugglers 3. Makes me feel like I'm in Serenity. hehe. g'night all.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Ok, I am freaking awesome. Ever have the feeling the world bends at your will? Like Achilles sort of? Yeah, I'm so feeling that right now. Maybe because I'm workin on 4 hours of sleep over 4 days, but dude, let me tell ya, I'm a freaking genius.
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

*sniff sniff*. It's lonely on Hatrack when no one else is awake.
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm awake. In fact, I just knocked off work for the day.

Of course, it is only 4.45 in the afternoon here...

Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

psh. Cheater. Its 3:45 in the morning here.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, it's only a few minutes to 1 am here. [Smile]
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm up, thanks to the most effed up schedule EVER. And it 3:54, whoa.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
Only 11 here.
Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scythrop
Member # 5731

- posted      Profile for Scythrop   Email Scythrop         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
psh. Cheater. Its 3:45 in the morning here.

Hey, I can't help my timezone...
Posts: 466 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

Heh. Neither can I. But then, I can help when I hit the sack. Which is now. G'night all.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

And I'm watching s1e3 of X-Files. [Big Grin]
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always up. I just got home.

But it's only 1:30 here, so that's not so bad.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamesbond007
Member # 8513

- posted      Profile for jamesbond007           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't take time to read all 5 pages of posts and wonder if I should feel guilty...

But, after a quick scan I don't think this combination of graelins had been posted in this particular order:
[No No] [Frown] [Big Grin] [Laugh] [Laugh] [Wave] [Taunt]

-- And so I consider this an original post and worthy of your time.

BTW, does any know why graemlins are spelled that way? Is there some sort of copyright holder of gremlins? Or is this something different.

Posts: 27 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Yes, these are special. [Razz]
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.