FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Migraine coming on -- Shutting down now

Author Topic: Migraine coming on -- Shutting down now
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate this.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, poor baby! I know the feeling. Try putting an icepack on your head, along with whatever headache remedy you are using.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Coffee+Advil+Sudafed+Sleep usually helps with me. Sometimes (rarely) it even stops the migraine before it really catches hold.

It really is a miserable miserable way to start your day =( I hope you feel better soon.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I took one of the migraine pills the doctor gave me (Zomig), and slept from about 8 to about 3. Dreaming constantly, and waking up briefly after every dream.

One of them was absolutely horrible. And I think it was because a little while after I took the pill, my head started getting this horrid, bloating pressure feeling.

I have a very nasty allergy to beans, and I dreamt that I was having an anaphalactic reaction. I was desperately looking for Benadryl in both medicine cabinets, and finding nothing. And no one was coming to help me. I remember being hysterical and violent in the dream.

You'd think a migraine would be bad enough without stuff like that...

Btw, I'm also allergic to ibuprofen, so Advil isn't an option. And I've been off of caffiene for almost a week, so I didn't want to do that.

Decrepit at 42. Loving this.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucy hummer
Member # 7740

- posted      Profile for lucy hummer   Email lucy hummer         Edit/Delete Post 
I had the stomach flu all day yesterday (seriously 13 hours of the worst of it) so now I have a terrible headache and a fever, I know how you feel.
Posts: 94 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I had a migraine yesterday. But it didn't set in till right before I went to sleep, so I wasn't bothered much by it.

I would say that that best thing to would be to rest. Stay away from light (i.e. no TV, sun tanning, or late night reading) and loud noises.

And however much you may not want to, you should try and keep something in your stomach.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I've been off of caffiene for almost a week..
Could this be the cause of the migraine? I know I had unbearable headaches when I went off of caffiene.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. You just eliminated what I do for migraines...

I drink a Mt. Dew or two (my standard source of caffeine), grab some ibuprofin, and hope I can get myself to fall alseep before the worst of the migraine hits.

Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
'Decrepit' is a great word to describe how I feel when I'm in a phase of frequent migraines. (Frequent usually means one per week for me.) They really do interrupt your life. I always wonder how productive and awesome I could be in all aspects of my life if I didn't have to spend two days a week in suffering and recovery.

It's been better this fall for me (not as frequent), but I feel for you. I hope you feel better by tonight so you can at least be somewhat functional tomorrow. *hugs*

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a migraine today, too, so you have my sympathies. The visual aura hit me in wal-mart. I've been sleeping ever since. I still feel kind of groggy/shaky, like I'm not sure if it's really gone or not.

And all this on my DAY OFF. [Mad]

Figures...

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheer up; clearly this is proof of Intelligent Design. Undirected evolution could hardly produce such results; that must obviously require real sadism.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
KoM, once again, you crack me up!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
*Takes a bow*

Say, Shvester, am I catching up to you in post count? Maybe old age is getting to you.

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.