FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who can tell me, without looking... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who can tell me, without looking...
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't know. Turns out, it was a Friday (which makes sense since I was induced on the last possible day before my mom's OB/GYN went on an extended vacation.)
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Uprooted -- I love that movie (we find ourselves quoting from it fairly often...)
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
I know the day, because I calculated it after reading the "Monday's Child" rhyme.
Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday, I think.

Checking: "10 January 1961 was a Tuesday." Oh, well.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Amanda was also born on a Tuesday, and Cayla on a Wednesday. My explanation for "Wednesday's child is full of woe" is this: Cayla is very compassionate, to a fault. She feels things very deeply and takes them to heart. As a result, events that have no or little effect on Amanda (at least, to all appearances) affect Cayla deeply.

And, in line with Bob Scopatz's birth during PRIME TIME, my mom complained that because of the time I was born, in the late afternoon, she didn't get supper that night. Imagine - you give birth and miss supper, then they don't feed you til breakfast. Doesn't seem fair, does it? [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday. I'm sure because I was born the day before Father's Day, which is always a Sunday. Rainman confirmed it.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday. I thought it was but wasn't sure, so I checked Rain Man, also. Tuesday, definitely Tuesday.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by citadel:
I was born on Saturday.

Just for fun I built a web page that generates a calendar for any year.
Free Calendar Lookup

Check it out!

Psst, citadel, there was no February 29 this year. [Wink]

-----

I was born 12:38 am on a Saturday. I knew, but I double-checked anyway.

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday.

And I always loved that poem, talking about the days of the week and what the child would be like... "sunday's child" was totally the best one.

[Smile]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhtTigress
Member # 8123

- posted      Profile for WhtTigress   Email WhtTigress         Edit/Delete Post 
I instinctively thought Monday, but then I thought, no that can't be right, my daughter was born on a Monday. Then I looked it up, and sure enough it was Monday
Posts: 14 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was wednesday, but alas, it was Tuesday.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday. My parents told me so...and look, they were right!

I've always been woeful simply because the "Monday's Child" poem gave me such a depressing outlook on my future.

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
afterthought
Member # 7750

- posted      Profile for afterthought   Email afterthought         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was Tuesday, but I checked and it was Sunday.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that it was a Thursday, but it was a Wednesday.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday. 2:12 pm.

I also grew up hearing "Wednesday's child is full of woe," and determined not to have any of my babies on Wednesday. My first child was born at 12:51 on Thursday morning. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Monday. I was C-section, and the surgeon scheduled c-sections for Mondays.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deus
Member # 8861

- posted      Profile for Deus           Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea, but it was early in the morning, I know that much
Posts: 12 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.