FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kingda Ka

Author Topic: Kingda Ka
BGgurl
Member # 8541

- posted      Profile for BGgurl   Email BGgurl         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone ridden it?
Posts: 106 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
yes..and O MY GOD!....::breathes heavily:: what a rush!
Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes was craaaazzzyyy....i loved it. Plus I sat in the front row...
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BGgurl
Member # 8541

hopefully they won't go any bigger than this [Angst]
Posts: 106 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Dudes... Cedar Point has had this ride for years now. [Smile] I still haven't ridden it yet. [Frown]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
America's Roller Coast... [Wink]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
CP's is smaller and slower, though.... [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Was on Kingda Ka the first weekend it opened at Great Adventure in the front row. I waited 3 hours to ride it, and it's the only roller coaster I've ever been on that's worth that kind of wait.

I was determined to keep my eyes open, until my eyelids started flapping. Yes, flapping. It was that fast. Just watching the hair in permanent "blow back" style from everyone getting off was hysterical.

Great ride.

Of course, two days after I rode it, a piece flew off in a test run, and it was closed for a really long time.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Not if you paid me!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
The Dragster at Cedar Point is the only ride that has made me feel like I'm going to go flying into the sun, only to truly fall and crash towards the Earth.
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I rode it twice! [Taunt]

Edit: And Dragster once.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
-wants-
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BGgurl
Member # 8541

Wow, you guys are all NUTS! (except for you, Tante)
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm as nutty as the next guy. [Grumble]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BGgurl:
hopefully they won't go any bigger than this [Angst]

Why on earth would you hope that? If you don't like them, fine, don't ride. But don't deny the rest of us one of the great pleasures in life. They will keep getting bigger and faster, but personally, I hope they keep building coasters with more low-G time. That's my favorite part, and I prefer a coaster that makes you float over one that just goes high and fast any day.

(The Dragster was shut down when I was at Cedar Point. Next time! And if I can get to London to ride this one, I will.)

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
Psst, ElJay....it's in New Jersey.

I love Cedar Point. Great Park!! Didn't make the trip down to Great Adventure this year since the Ka was closed more than half the time.

Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.