FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What movies will you see in December?

Author Topic: What movies will you see in December?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
So the end of the year is approaching, but the movie season is not over yet!

To date, in the year 2005, I've seen 47 movies in theater, 51 if you count 4 of them that I saw twice.

I still plan to see:

• Syriana
  • King Kong
  • Zathura
  • Walk the Line
  • The Producers
  • Brokeback Mountain
  • Rent
  • The Weather Man
  • The New World

What's out there that you still plan to see before the New Year is rang in?

Also, what're your top five most anticipated movies of 2006?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen Serenity (twice) and hope to see Harry Potter 4 and Narnia. I think I missed my chance at Zathura, unless it goes to one of the smaller towns in the area.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
When does New World come out? I loves me some Colin Farrell.

I definitely want to see:
Narnia (a second time)
Brokeback Mountain
Aeon Flux
Memoirs of a Geisha
Syriana

I'll probably end up seeing plenty of movies I don't really want to see, either. Whenever I go to my parents', I end up seeing a movie almost every night.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see:
  • Harry Potter
  • Narnia
  • Rent
  • Zathura

. . . and I guess that's all I can think of right now. Of course, since it's very difficult to get out to see a movie these days, I'll be lucky if I get to see two of those.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

What's the gist of Memoirs of a Geisha? I'm holding off on adding it to my list. It's getting a lot of attention, but I don't even know what it's about.

New World comes out Christmas Day.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Colin for Christmas! [Smile] Lovely.

Memoirs of a Geisha is sort of a love story about a girl who's taken from her home as a child and taught to be a geisha in like, 1930'sish Japan. And it goes on through World War II.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ser Bronn Stone
Member # 8759

- posted      Profile for Ser Bronn Stone   Email Ser Bronn Stone         Edit/Delete Post 
Memoirs of a Geisha is of all things, a geisha telling of her life from a young woman to an older one. She lives in some very interesting times. It is fictional, but it would apparently be a serious breach of protocol for a geisha to tell her life story and the author of the novel at least wants you to consider the possibility that it is actually someone's true story.

A good read if you are at all interested in Japanese culture and a good story either way.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia
King Kong
The New World
Brokeback Mountain, if i can convince a friend to come with me.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Rotten Tomatoes has Memoirs of a Geisha at a low 28%. There was another geisha book that I read about the same time as I read Memoirs called Geisha, A Life by Mineko Iwasaki which was much better.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I am really looking forward to getting a chance to see Rent and Walk the Line. I would also not mind seeing The Chronicles of Narnia, Brokeback Mountain, and Pride and Prejudice, given the time and money, but I am not in a huge rush to see them. Oh, and if anyone tells me that The Ice Harvest is good, I would see that--right now all I know is it has John Cusack, and while he doesn't hurt a movie by being in it, he alone is not worth $8.

I didn't see a huge amount of movies in theaters this year. In approximate order of most enjoyed to least enjoyed: The Corpse Bride, The Incredibles, The Life Aquatic, Batman Begins, March of the Penguins, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Serenity, Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, The Island, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
Think I've seen everything I wanted this year except Narnia...
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen HP4 this month and I'll still go see Narnia, and would like to catch Rent as well.

I haven't read OSC's Narnia review because I don't like reading reviews before I've seen the film if I've already decided to go--just wondering, was it favorable?

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
It was glowing.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Ice Harvest is pretty funny. I liked it.

But John Cusack really, really disturbs me when he's looking all frazzled. I can't figure out why; it's terribly unsettling.

-pH

KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
This month, I plan to see:

King Kong
Brokeback Mountain
Memoires of a Geisha

Most anticipated for 2006:

X-Men III
Superman Returns
Pirates of the Carribean II
Lady in the Water

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Memoirs of a Geisha
Narnia
Rent
Walk the Line

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia
Harry Potter

(there are others I want to see, but I know I won't have time for any more than this)
FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
  • Narnia, although I've already seen it once
    Walk the Line
    Brokeback Mountain (when does that come out everywhere?)
    Harry Potter again
    King Kong
    Memoirs of a Geisha

I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of them right now.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't anyone want to see the Producers?? [Smile] I can't wait for that one!

I'll be seeing King Kong and the Producers with a Walk the Line somewhere in there.

Movies that I've seen this year and loved: Star Wars Ep. III, Batman Begins, Harry Potter, Serenity (x6), Pride and Prejudice (x2), and Narnia. Good year for movies!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I forgot about the Producers! When is that?

There are so many movies I want to see at this time of year.

-pH

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's next week with King Kong...isn't it? I have to check.

I forgot that I also saw Charlie and the Chocolate factory. [Smile] I really need to see March of the Penguins though, I missed that one.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Syriana last night. Great movie. Confusing though, you have to pay close attention the whole time. No time to give your brain a rest.

I also want to see the following:

Aeon Flux
King Kong
The Producers
Narnia
Ice Harvest

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, which various people are forcing me to see. I really don't get the urge on my own to see movies.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Is it true that Colin has a sex scene with an underage girl in New World?

One of my friends was telling me that a lot of people were all offended by that movie.

Which really makes it all the more likely that I'll see it as soon as it comes out. But I'd kind of like to know what I'm getting myself into.

-pH

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Well, it WOULD be realistic if that did happen.

However, I can't imagine it'd actually make it into the movie.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.