FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Spot that band" game

Author Topic: "Spot that band" game
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
74 bands are represented in the following picture:

http://www.hydeparkrecords.net/v.jpg
http://virgindigital.com/wallpapers/virgindigital1280x960.jpg

Sorry if this has been posted before.

[ December 12, 2005, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Beren One Hand ]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll start with some obvious ones.

Black Flag,
Smashing Pumpkins,
The Eagles,
Led Zepplin...

Is the dead looking fella on the left "White Zombie"?

White Snake.

I'll post this now before this post becomes redundant...

Edit:
Guns and Roses, of course.
I guess those two with Surf Boards are the "Beach Boys"
The two gymnasts could be "Twisted Sister" I suppose.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerto
Member # 8810

- posted      Profile for Aerto   Email Aerto         Edit/Delete Post 
Matchbox 20
Posts: 102 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Gorillaz
Radiohead
B-52s
The Pixies
Rolling Stones
Dead Kennedys

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Pet Shop Boys
50 Cent
Skinny Puppy
Cake
Scorpions
Garbage
Alice in Chains
Nine Inch Nails
Queen
Rolling Stones
Dead Kennedys
Blur
Korn
Hole
The Cars
The Police

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
30 down...
Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Matchbox 20
Sex Pistols
Green Day
Cowboy Junkies

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Airguitarist
Member # 2647

- posted      Profile for Airguitarist           Edit/Delete Post 
Spoon
Cypress Hill
Blind Mellon
Talking Heads
The Pet Shop Boys
The eels
U2 (the 2 U's on the wall?)
The Black Crowes

Posts: 43 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Black Crows
Blind Melon
U2

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
Eagles, Bee Gees, Scissor Sisters, The Postal Service?
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Madonna
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
The Cranberries
Seal

No Barenaked Ladies though

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Our list... 63 (+10?) Bands

Black Flag
Smashing Pumpkins
The Eagles
Led Zeppelin
White Zombie
White Snake
Guns and Roses
Beach Boys
Matchbox 20
Gorillaz
Radiohead
B-52s
The Pixies
Rolling Stones
Dead Kennedys
Pet Shop Boys
50 Cent
Skinny Puppy
Cake
Scorpions
Garbage
Alice in Chains
Nine Inch Nails
Queen
Blur
Korn
Hole
The Cars
The Police
Sex Pistols
Green Day
Cowboy Junkies
Spoon
Cypress Hill
Blind Mellon
Talking Heads
The Pet Shop Boys
The Eels
U2
The Black Crowes
Bee Gees
Scissor Sisters
The Postal Service
Madonna
The Cranberries
Seal
Dinosaur Jr.
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Prince
Lemon Heads
Iron Maiden
Ratt
Jewel
Phish
Garbage
Kiss
Blondie
The Carpenters
Eiminem
White Stripes
Pavement
The Streets
Great White
Go-Gos
The Doors

??? List

Air Supply (or just Air)
Deep Purple
Pink
Velvet Underground
The Vines
The Roots
Teamsters
Men At Work
Twisted Sisters
Quiet Riot

[ December 12, 2005, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Architraz Warden ]

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Dinosaur Jr.? The toy dino near the cart.
Quiet Riot? The whole mess of people in the rightmost window.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Red Hot Chili Peppers (Beneath Blind Melon, go figure).
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Prince (I figured that would have been one of the first)
Lemonheads

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Where do you see Radiohead?
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The guy with a radio for a head in the crosswalk.

Iron Maiden

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

I wasn't confident about my "Twisted Sister" reference, so don't put that one on the "definite" list, unless we've found them somewhere else.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Ratt
Jewel? The diamond necklace right next to the cranberries.

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Skinny Puppy? (is this a band, or an album name... I don't remember)

Phish
Garbage

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Kiss? I think there's something to them both being women, though.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Parts I don't get:
The gold guy leaning against the wall. The only think I can think of is Goldfinger, which I doubt is it.

The Shiny Happy People behind him. What the heck does that guy in the front have around his neck?

What the heck is coming out of the sewer?

The women in spandex in front of the closest rolling stone.

The guys sort of building a fence on the roof. I don't think they're supposed to be Men At Work.

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
"The guys sort of building a fence on the roof. I don't think they're supposed to be Men At Work."

Very close. What type of work are they doing? What materials are they using?

Ack. I didn't want to post the answer key until tonight, but I might be going out of town. So here it is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65741850@N00/66722414/

BTW, I thought King Kong represented Mighty Joe Young, but they weren't on the list. [Frown]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
Could the blonde blowing a bubble on the balcony be Blondie (how's that for alliteration?)?
Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- What the heck is coming out of the sewer?

Vines? Roots? Anyone know any bands with these names in them?

- The guys sort of building a fence on the roof. I don't think they're supposed to be Men At Work.

Ha, I thought the guy with the sledgehammer might have been Men at Work. Didn't notice the guys on the roof, but I'm going to be The Carpenters now that I do.

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

It looks like two guys are leaning against the fence, holding it up, and one guy is using a hammer and nails. Maybe they're supposed to be Teamsters.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

The Roots would fit. It looked more like something out of a B horror flick to me.
Xavier
Member # 405

There is a band called "The Vines", but I'm not sure why they would be coming out of the sewers.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Oh and the candy? I thought maybe eminem, but they don't look like M&M's to me.

The two bloody guys holding guitar cases remionds me of El Mariachi, but I can't think of any name that would go along with that, does anyone know if there's something like Mariachis, Hitmen, Assassins, Desperados etc.?

Risuena
Member # 2924

How about the White Stripes (the crosswalks)?
Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Does anyone see how the subway could get turned into Velvet Underground?

The number on the door, I can't make it out, but it looks like three digits. It could be something like Blink-182 or 311. Can anyone blow it up while still keeping the shape?

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Ooh, that's a good one. How about Pavement?
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

While we're hitting the "Right in Front of Your Eyes" concepts... How about The Streets?
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

I had though Eiminem as well. Not plural, but close enough I suppose (and no band named the Skittles. Yet.)

Two more:

Great White
Green Day

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

I think Green Day's already on the list.

On the superliminal tip, 3 Doors Down?

And if you think that one's pushing it, how about Air Supply?

Risuena
Member # 2924

Before going to 3 Doors Down, how about the Doors?

Also "The women in spandex in front of the closest rolling stone." They're wearing go-go boots, so they're the Go-Gos.

MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Those are go-go boots? Huh. You learn something new every day.

Is there any significance to the sky being pink-ish? edit: D'oh, maybe it's supposed to be Pink? I don't know, the color match seems a little bit too much of a stretch.

Oh, and hey yeah, those 4 rectangles of different colors have doorknobs on them. I was thinking maybe they'd be Living Color, but I think they're actually supposed to be The Doors.

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

That second picture in the original post cut off the entire left side of the image... Talk about missing some bands.

I'm updating the list as I go, so every suggestion here ends up on the list (Green Day included).

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Two more maybe? The building in back HAS to be something... Deep Purple?

Oh, and one more from the produce cart: Korn.

GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but Guns N' Roses on the bottom left.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

Both Green Day and Korn are now mentioned twice in the list...

And I'm out of ideas for now.

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Alright, list problem fixed... Don't know how I missed those.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

I'm out. So tempted to check answers.
Speed 2: Cruise Control
Member # 6765

- posted      Profile for Speed 2: Cruise Control   Email Speed 2: Cruise Control         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone get Talking Heads yet?
Posts: 127 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.