FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Case Against Rudolf: A Christmas Parody

Author Topic: The Case Against Rudolf: A Christmas Parody
mojammer
Member # 4416

- posted      Profile for mojammer   Email mojammer         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess someone out there doesn't like Rudolf. What do you think?
--------------

Rudolf the red nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose.
And if you ever saw it you would even say it glows.

No, it’s not like a light bulb! A light bulb puts off light rays or particles whereas Rudolf’s nose was shiny, reflecting the particle/rays that were already existent.

All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names.
They never let poor Rudolf join in any reindeer games.

It’s clear that had Rudolf not polished and buffed his nose as much, for the express purpose of seeming better than the others, they would not have excluded him from the games. Behavioral discrimination is much different than when based on a state of being, a natal condition that can’t be changed (unless you’re Michael Jackson).

Then one foggy Christmas Eve Santa came to say
Rudolf with your nose so bright won’t you guide my sleigh tonight.

Now here’s hallucinatory delusional man if I ever heard of one. He thinks that because Rudolf’s nose is so shiny when the sun reflects on it that it’ll give off the same light in the middle of the night. Someone needs another year of physics: Noses don’t store up light rays.

Then how the reindeer loved him as they shouted out with glee
Rudolf the red nosed reindeer you’ll go down in history.

The other reindeer take the only rational course for career sled pullers by immediately accepting Rudolf once the big dog clears his dysfunctional behavior as satisfactory.
And why should he go down in history? He obviously failed at his task because Santa certainly didn’t make it to my house or anyone else's that I know of that year, or any year since then. Clearly Rudolf couldn’t see a thing and bashed his precious schnauzer into a tree wrecking the whole charitable escapade and then rubbed his bruised nose for another year while the other reindeer despised him for ruining their chances to get a holiday bonus until the chubby bearded fellow, stricken with memory loss, once again asked Rudolph to lead his excursion into philanthropy.
Rudolf, you ruined my holidays.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Noses don’t store up light rays.
*snicker*
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
In addition, if they truly wanted him to: "go down in history--like columbus" Rudolf would have had to usher in a couple of centuries of colonization, racism, disease, war and land grabbing on behalf of his reindeer mob...

Just sayin'.

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
I am completely disillusioned. How will I ever celebrate the holidays? Thanks a lot!
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hugh57
Member # 5527

- posted      Profile for hugh57   Email hugh57         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mojammer:
Someone needs another year of physics: Noses don’t store up light rays.

Hello? This is Santa and Rudolf we're talking about here. Anyone who can get reindeer to fly and then get his own fat self (along with a huge bag full of presents) down a narrow chimney clearly isn't subject to any pesky laws of physics.
Posts: 241 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought he went down in history "like George Washington!" - at least, that's how my daughters sing it. [Dont Know]
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooo, I smell propaganda!
Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Its better than "Going Down" in history like Monica Lewinski.

ooops, was that out loud.

Sorry.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In addition, if they truly wanted him to: "go down in history--like columbus" Rudolf would have had to usher in a couple of centuries of colonization, racism, disease, war and land grabbing on behalf of his reindeer mob...

I think this was covered in an obscure dissertation titled: "The Hidden History of Elf Subjugation and Oppression - Santa and the Ho-Ho-Holy Reign of Terror."
Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.