FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who do you look like? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who do you look like?
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
I apparently look like really pretty people, which is why this is so cool. I think it only searches celebrities on the demo, but try it!!

I get Lucy Liu, Zhang Ziyi, Aishwarya Rai, Penelope Cruz and EMMA WATSON ( [Confused] ) a lot.

Myheritage.com

Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I tried that a bit ago, but it didn't return anyone for me, so I didn't link it. Glad it worked for you. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Sophia Loren, and Grace Kelly.

The rest? are men. [Razz]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
*dies laughing*

I uploaded a picture of me holding my little chihuahua, Chico.

It recognized that the picture had two faces, and is telling me that Chico looks like David Beckham (the third result)!

It says I look like a guy name Roald Dahl, and while he's a lot older than me, we do have a lot of simularities in our face, mainly the smile. Switching it to gender "all", it says I look even more like some lady named Kajol, and we do have the same eye structure, similar nose, and similar smile. Interesting. Maybe I will try other pictures.

A Screenshot

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't know who Roald Dahl is?!

Go read James and the Giant Peach, or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory . . . or even better, some of his short stories for adults, he's already delightfully gruesome and bizarre when writing for children, wait until you see what he wrote for adults.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm.....Sean Penn. I'm a little disturbed, really. I'm not so sure I like this site.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
Jerry Seinfeld. But I look more like Josh Groban.
Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Okay, since y'all were getting results, I went back and tried it three more times, with different pictures. All three were pictures of my boyfriend and me. The first two it recognized him as a face but didn't pick up me at all! Both were clear, facing the camera shots, although one of them my hair was covering one eye, so that could explain it. Still, I feel invisible. The third one it found us both.

I came up as, in order, Kate Winslet, Winona Ryder, Niyet Tayeb, Carlos Moya, Christian Slater, Lindsey Lohan, Kajol, Maria Montessori, Amrita Rao, and Barbara Stanwyck.

He came up as Clark Gable, Bashar al-Assad, Gillian Anderson, Carlos Santana, Audrey Tautou, Jeff Buckley, Christopher Reeve, Jim Carrey, Walter Gropius, and John Logie-Baird. The last time. I didn't write down/remember all the ones from the first two, but Christopher Reeve showed up in all of them. I think Natalie Portman was in there, too.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. My first match was Christina Ricci. I would never have thought I looked like her.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
I put in a picture of my wife when she was holding up the copy of Pride and Prejudice she got for Christmas last year, so the program ran on her face and Colin Firth's. Colin's #1 match: Mother Theresa.

Great program. [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Tried another one, of just me. Kate Winslet was top again, at 70%, followed by Zayed Khan, Mariah Carey, Julia Roberts, Aaliyah, Demi Moore, Halle Berry, Kevin Mitnick, Eva Peron, and Isabella Rossellini, at 57%, who I've always thought was completely gorgeous.

I'm done now, I think. [Smile]

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Your last match was 57%? That was my first (Christina Ricci). I think my last was Nicole Kidman at 38%.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Yeah, my first three or so were all 70%. Halle Berry was 68%, and the picture they put up of her really did resemble the picture I had submitted, particularly in the nose and cheeks.

I'm amused at how many people of other ethnicities came up both times. . . I've often had people think I look "exotic" and tried to figure out my heritage. I'm German and English/Welsh, as straight white as they come, but apparently my features are similar to many people of more diverse ancestory. [Smile]

Speed
Member # 5162

I ran a picture of this dude I used to work with who is just about as Aryan as anyone who ever invaded Poland. Blonde, blue eyes, pale skin, thin lips and nose, all that. And he came up about a 60% match with Tupac Shakur. So I don't know how much I'd start trusting your results. [Smile]
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
In my first try, there is apparently a gap between two trees that bears a stunning resemblance to Ben Affleck.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

That actually doesn't surprise me. [Big Grin]
Speed
Member # 5162

Oh, apparently I resemble both Hugo Weaving and Laurence Fishburne. I guess that explains why I've always considered myself to be a virus that I must exterminate.
Noemon
Member # 1115

I've now gotten Anna Lindh, Mikhail Gorbachev, and Steven Soderbergh.

I wan't feeling too happy about that until I realized that all three of us are wearing similar glasses. That's going to be my official reason for why the system picked those particular people. Yup.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*LAUGH*

Jake, you would try a scenery picture. [Razz] That's hilarious.

Noemon
Member # 1115

::bows::

I just did another picture of me, and got Danny Elfman. Again, same glasses. What these people have devised is actually a startlingly accurate glasses recognition program.

ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
(sigh) the first was Hilary Duff..of course the "actress" i hate the most..

the second was Renee Zellweger..much improvement

ha and the third was J. Lo..oh boy now that one was a stretch

Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon_Snow
Member # 8911

- posted      Profile for Jon_Snow   Email Jon_Snow         Edit/Delete Post 
I did that thing...it told me Jim Morrison more often than any. Can't say I'm not pleased with that. XD We do have some of the same jaw, lip and cheek structure. I think it said I look like Charlize Theron, too. Hm, I didn't quite see the resemblance.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
I matched most with Bill Gates, but my favorites were Orlando Bloom, Marvin Gaye and Hamid Karzai.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I did two different photos. The first one (from my wedding) returned Joni Mitchell, Jane Fonda, Shahid Kapoor (who?), Emma Watson, Kevin Costner, Shania Twain, Mother Theresa, Shirley McClain, Kiera Knightly, and Nadia Comaneci.

The second said I look like Hilary Swank, Ninet Tayeb, Kiera again, Angelina Jolie, Francis Bacon (one UGLY mug), Brian Jones (who?), Meryl Streep, Jodie Foster, Pavel Nedved (huh?), and Emma Watson

Weird. Most people tell me I look like Winona Ryder or Drew Barrymore.

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WntrMute
Member # 7556

- posted      Profile for WntrMute           Edit/Delete Post 
On most days I have a remarkable resemblence to myself. Other days, however, I look like someone completely different.
Posts: 218 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Why does it just tell me "our new website is currently being developed"?
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

OK this is fun. I just did my beautiful blond daughter at age one and from this Halloween at almost 3 years old. The 1 yr pic returned Robert Redford, Michael Phelps, and Jack Lemon first but further down the list she got Drew Barrymore and Condoleeza Rice (???).

Her recent pic produced Malcolm McDowell (they had a similar mouth open face), Yngwie J. Malmsteen (both with bangs in the face), and Leo DiCaprio (whom she does resemble a little bit) but further down the list, there are some weird ones like Dustin Hoffman, Liza Minelli and James A. Garfield!

Next I will do my hubby. [Smile]

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
It didn't recognize my face! In a picture that was almost entirely composed of my face!

Trying another picture. I look like Anna Kournikova? [Eek!] 73%
Liv Tyler 72%
Sarah Michelle Gellar 71%
Demi Moore 70%
Nicole Kidman 70%

The only one that I've ever heard before is Nicole Kidman, which I think had more to do with being tall, pale, and having red hair.

I am amused. I must find more photos to use.

Haha!
Cameron Diaz 70%
Katherine Hepburn 86%
Catherine Deneuve 67%
Gillian Anderson 64%
Elisha Cuthbert 62%

[ROFL]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Here is a link directly to the file upload page, Tatiana.
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
El Jay, have you considered that it isn't that you look like their ethnicities, but that they are, at least partly, your ethnicity? Halle Berry's mother is as white as they come. [Wink]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I did consider that, yes, Kayla, but it doesn't account for over half of the results on each of my pictures being people of obviously different ethnicities than me.

The things that looked the most similar to me in most of the pictures were lips & nose. *shrug*

Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
I've gotten Tom Cruise, Harry Potter, and John Lennon. Your opinion?
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently, the original teacup killer, Richard B. Riddick, does not have a face. No faces have been detected in any of the pictures of him I've tried.

Mr. Tumnus looks like Bernard Herrmann, Sam Raimi, George Sand, Hedy Lamarr, and Sandra Bullock.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

OK my hubby looks like Daved Brin (he really does but with less hair), Patrick Stewart (hubba hubba), Joschka Fischer, Thomas Edison (he certainly has the same cheeks and smile lines-wow!), Van Morrison, Franz Marc, Ivan Lendl, Groucho Marx, Miguel Indurain (ugh, no), and Kevin Costner. He was stoked about looking like Patrick Stewart.

Our wedding photo has him looking like Roman Polanksi, Phil Collins (faily accurate there), Andre Agassi, Robert Wilhelm Bunsen, Kevin Smith (Silent Bob), Ruud van Nistelrooy, Mother Theresa, Cat Stevens, David Beckham, Carl Nielsen.

I think he looks liek thhe Rock or Vin Diesel.

MandyM
Member # 8375

Black Mage I would say Shia LaBeouf.
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently I resemble Hosny Mubarak.

How comforting.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

[ROFL] My dog looks like Rosanna Arquette!
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Courtney Cox, Andre Agassi, and Audrey Tatou.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay I'm glad you guys find it so fun! I actually look like all my people, and I submitted about 10 pictures and those were the ones that came up almost every time. I can easily identify why it picked each one for me, so I thought it was pretty accurate... until y'all started putting dogs and trees in there [Razz]

Noemon- try a picture without glasses!! ...or trees!

Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Jennabean, I'd love to, but I don't have any pictures of me where I'm not wearing glasses, and my camera is out power.

::goes to look for batteries::

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, thanks! I got Greta Garbo and someone namesd Celina Jaitley, whoever that is. I do see the resemblance in facial structure, and I'm glad they're both pretty. You don't want to know who my third person was. [Angst]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I got Russell Crowe, Rod Stewart, Mark Hamill (WOOHOO! I look like Luke Skywalker! <Not really>) and... [Angst] Leonardo DeCaprio!

(On my second picture, I got Johnny Depp and Gary Cooper. Faces commong to both pictures, Benicio Del Toro and Aleksander Kwasniewski. I also, apparently, look a little like Avril Lavigne...Boy. I'm pretty.)

[ December 18, 2005, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Boris ]

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

There is a little info button you can click on on each celebrity photo that will give you information about who they are, which is a good thing for me, since I'm not recognizing all that many of these people.

So...who was the third one?

aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently my dog, a cow, and I all look like Hilary Clinton. -cries-
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Orlando Bloom! woohoo! Now will someone please explain to me why I don't have girls falling all over me?
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Charlize Theron...? [Smile]
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
So first I uploaded this picture. After several time out errors, if finally said the person on the left was George Martin, Renee Zellweger, Kevin Bacon, and George Bush... And the person on the right was Antonio Meucci (?), Jason Biggs (?), Barack Obama (?).

Then I uploaded this picture, and several of King Kong. It couldn't find any faces, which wasn't as fun as I was hoping.

Then I uploaded this one and it said Patrick Stewart 69%, Grace Hopper (?), Mubarak (?), and another long list of people I didn't know until it finally landed on Ariel Sharon...

Well, it wasn't as fun as I hoped.

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I uploaded this picture and I got Halle Berry and Dennis Quaid as my top two results. The girl in the picture got a bunch of people who I don't know. I don't think I really look like Halle Berry or Dennis Quaid at all [Confused] . One of the later ones I got was Ewan Mcgregor and in the picture they showed of him he looked alot like me.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently if Zhang Ziyi, Tupac Shakur and Bruce Lee had a baby, I'd look like that.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I uploaded one of me, KPC, and Ketchup Princess. The matches on Emma and me looked nothing like us (at least until I switched mine to female.) But Jeff's looks a lot like him! Who knew? Saif Ali Khan!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.