FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who do you look like? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who do you look like?
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I only got one result. Apparently I am a 73% match for Mira Sorvino.

A different photo yields 63% Priyanka Chopra.

A third yields no results. I have no celebrity doppelganger.

A fourth, taken at the same time as the third, yields 65% John Maynard Keynes.

I guess I just don't have a famous face.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't even go there. Everyone tells me I look like Tom Hanks.

Except my mother. She tells me Tom Hanks looks like me.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Osama...?
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
You know, Jon_Snow, Jim Morrison (IMHO) was a very attractive man.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
The only result I got was Alec Baldwin. That seemed odd, but looking at the picture of him that they used I can see it in the nose and smile.

Edit: Check that, I got more results I just didn't realize you had to click through to see the others. All of mine were in the 66%-63% range and most of the matches seem based on the nose.

Alec Baldwin, Aishwariya Rai, Isabelle Adjani, Britney Spears! [Eek!] Lindsay Lohan, Ewan McGregor, Uri Geller, Andie McDowell, Kate Winslet, Rudolph Valentino

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! We both got Kate Winslet! Weeeeeird.

[Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Victor Hugo.

Yikes!

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
The picture with me holding my cat got "No faces found" and then no matches when I did the option to select the faces. Odd.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Female - Amrita Rao, Preity Zinta, Julianne Moore, Ava Gardner, Neve Campbell, Romy Schneider, Elizabeth Taylor,Shania Twain, Jane Fonda, Rita Hayworth, Katie Holmes

Male - Bruce Willis, Alec Baldwin, Saif Ali Khan, Stan Laurel, King Gustav V, Clint Eastwood (young Clint), Max Euwe, Steve Vai

I'm not so sure that I like this. Bad enough that I look so feminine to this site. Much less look (less than 50%) like a bunch of old decrepit or dead men. That is except for Alec and young Clint.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
Young Clint Eastwood is YUMMY!
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
Snowmanne Frank
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I got no matches for the first two pictures I tried. The third got me a bunch of matches with women I look nothing like, and then a guy I look even less like.

The only figure I can think of that I've ever been told I really look like is Peter the Great [URL=http://www.newgenevacenter.org/portrait/peter-great.jpg]of Russia

I remember in high school all the kids in my world history class thought it was hilarious that I looked so much like him, or at least the picture of him that was in our history books. Some of his portraits look nothing like me, in fact he looks a bit like Cyrano de Bergerac. But others are downright creepy in the resemblance.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting.

Zhang Ziyi
Lucy Liu
Ninet Tayeb
Beyonce
JLo
Kate Winslet
Priyanka Chopra
Mariah Carey
Annette Bening
Maria Montez

I don't think I look like any of them, but hey. That was still fun.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh] Snowman Frank

Lyrhawn, that's really uncanny, how closely your picture resembles those portraits.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
I got Russel Crowe, but I think it's mostly because we were both wearing sunglasses, and hadn't shaved in days...

*throwing phone in disappointment*

Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrhawn, you really DO look like those pictures of Peter the Great! Better than Peter the Hegemon, neh?

Off to find more pictures. I think I will do my family Christmas picture with all 10 of us kids. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine returned people who have defined cheek.

Kate Winslet, Indira Gandhi, Demi Moore, Juan Manuel Fangio, Alyson Hannigan, Harry Belafonte, Shania Twain, Britney Spears, Drew Barrymore, and Zayed Khan

The whole premise for this site amuses me. Let's do face recognition and pull up the most likely hits, but since we know most people aren't in the database we can just return closest matches and it will be ok. Did anyone try to put in a star's photo? It would be interesting to see how well they do.

I managed to submit a picture that totally caused the face detection software to fail. *mwhahaha* This is what happens when a person who is doing a PhD in Machine Learning starts playing.

Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
It seems like facial expression greatly affects your results. In the picture I uploaded, my facial expression was nearly identical to Christina Ricci's--we were both looking straight at the camera with a little closed-lipped smile and our heads turned down with our eyes slightly inclined up.

Her face shape is similar to mine, but other than face shape and expression, we're not that similar. Her nose and eyebrows are both narrower than mine (actually, the pictures that matched my nose were mostly African American or elderly . . . hmmmm), and her coloring is much darker.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seespot
Member # 7388

- posted      Profile for seespot   Email seespot         Edit/Delete Post 
I put in a picture of Madame Tussad's Patrick Stewart. His number 1 match was. . . Patrick Stewart. However, it was only a 63% match [Smile]
Posts: 77 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

OK in our 10 person Christmas pic from last year, it only recognized 3 faces.

My brother looks like Nathaniel Hawthorn, which is dead on, and a bunch of other people he looks nothing like including Julianne Moore and Tupac Shakur.

His wife looks like Josephine Baker, which is so close, it's scary. She is Hispanic but the face shape is just the same. Amazing! Weird though is further down the list she favors Eminem and Chelsea Clinton.

I, on the other hand look like Grand Prix winner, Alain Prost! Wha??? Yesterday I looked like Joni Mitchell (which is equally off, but at least she's attractive). It goes on to tell me I look like Helen Keller, Eminem and Gerard Depardieu! <goes off to pout>

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

I manually did the faces of the rest of the people in the picture.

My cousin evidently looks like Brad Pitt, but I sure don't see it. His next one is Arthur Honegger, a dead composer and that one is more accurate. He also got Whoopi Goldberg and Mia Farrow! Haha!

His wife got Aishwarya Rai, an Indian actress. My cousin's wife is pretty but she is as white as they come. They look similar but the mouth is totally different.

My other cousin got Katie Holmes, which will probably thrill her since she is 17 years old. She is followed by 2 historical figures that I don't recognise then Russell Crow, Paul McCartney, and Ozzy Ozbourne.

I'm sure you are sick of me going on and on... sorry!

Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I got Isabelle Adjani. At 65%. And it's weird, because I don't think I look like her, but the picture they showed of her was eerily similar to the one I posted of me.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
My numbers from photo #1:
Andie McDowell: 63%
Dan Quayle: 60%
Nicolae Ceausescu: 60%
Rabinadrath Tagore: 58%
Paula Radcliffe: 57%
Mira Sorvino: 56%
Jennifer Aniston: 55%
Dalida: 54%
Fridtjof Nansen: 53%
Cate Blanchett: 53%

Photo #2:
Jennifer Aniston: 62%
Sania Mirza: 53%
Ringo Starr: 51%
Howard Dean: 51%
Fernando Henrique Cardoso: 50%
Dick Fosbury: 50%
Paula Radcliffe: 49%
Jason Donovan: 45%
Marie Curie: 45%
Strom Thurmond: 43%

I seem to be heavy on the politicians and historical figures. But, hey, Jennifer Aniston on both lists. I'm a pretty boy!

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it just incredibly slow for anyone else? I can't seem to get anything but a very long wait followed by a blank page.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
I get a variety of faces depending on the photo of me that I use, but consistently Andie MacDowell comes up.

:high-fives Senoj:

The first photo I used of Porter came up with Saddam Hussein as closest match. That just ain't right.

In another search, he got both Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

I plan on trying this out. I heard about it on the radio.

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently, I look like a 73% cross between Natalie Portman, some girl named Reika Hashimoto, Catherine Zeta Jones, and... Alice Cooper. Yikes.

Actually though, I don't look like any of them. Honestly. You don't look at me and think 'School's out forever...'
*looks around nervously*

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
Photo 1 --

Pim Fortuyn -- 62%
Sean William Scott -- 51%
James Hormer -- 51%
David Schwimmer -- 50%
Dan Akroyd -- 49%
Lance Armstrong -- 48%
Sean Astin -- 48%
Demi Moore -- 45%

Pic #2 was taken the night before Pic #1 was. Both are simply headshots of me, looking at the camera at roughly the same angle. In Pic #2 I have a 3-day beard that I shaved off the following morning before pic #1 was taken.

Pic 2 results:

Hugh Grant -- 72%
Guy Pearce -- 70%
Johnny Depp -- 68%
John Deacon -- 68%
Leonardo DiCaprio -- 68%
Joshua Jackson -- 67%
Roberto Rosellini -- 64%
Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero -- 64%
Jacques Rogge -- 61%
Marcel Proust -- 61%

I don't see myself looking like any of them, so I added a pic taken a year later, this time with my 2 daughters. It wouldn't recognize any faces in the pic. Must have been too small.

Tried another taken the day after "pic 3" with my son and younger daughter in it too. It "recognized" my face, but not the kids.

Pic 4 results:

Mikhail Saakashvili -- 68%
Sean Astin -- 64%
Alec Baldwin -- 62%
Zach Braff -- 61%
Mark Hamill -- 60%
Maurice Chevalier -- 60%
Margaret Thatcher -- 60%
J. G. Ballard -- 57%
Anna Kournikova -- 57%
Cate Blanchett -- 57%

Garn! Only one of those I've ever been told I look like in real life is "one of the Baldwin brothers." I also get a lot of Rob Lowe, Jim Carrey, and I even got Don Johnson once.

And Anna Kournikova and Cate Blanchett?!?!?!?! I don't think so. . . .

Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get this from the program thinger, but someone just told me today I looked like Tom Welling. [Dont Know]
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
I will not trust a program that tells me, back to back, that I look like both Burt Reynolds and Hilary Swank.
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hrm. Perhaps I should hide my daughters --

My 5 yr old got:

Brittney Spears -- 72%
Mena Suvari -- 71%
Penelope Cruz -- 70%
Juliette Lewis -- 64%
Queen Rania -- 64%
Christina Ricci -- 64%
Amelie Nothomb -- 64%
Heather Graham -- 64%
Jamie Lynn Spears -- 63%
Veronica Ferres -- 62%
Rachel Leigh Cook -- 61%
Marilyn Monroe -- 61%
Angelina Jolie -- 57%

And my 8 yr old got:

Eva Longoria -- 62%
Callista Flockhart -- 61%
Julia Louis-Drefuss -- 60%
Kate Winslet -- 57%
Anne Hathaway -- 54%
Sigourney Weaver -- 54%
Emma Thompson -- 54%
Natalie Imbruglia -- 53%
Tata Young -- 52%
Rachel Bilson -- 52%
Kylie Minogue -- 52%

Yup, I got cute kids [Razz]

Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I think this thing just called me ugly. What a mean little system. I says I look like the following guys:

Prince Harry of Wales
Matt Dillon
Neil Armstrong
Quincy Jones (Huh?)

And just in case I am a girl:
Hillary Swank
Shania Twain
Sigourney Weaver
Emma Watson

Yeah. I gotta say this didn't do much for self-esteem. Now I am gonna have to try a different picture and hope for better celebrities.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at least my girlfriend scored as pretty people, so that's better.

Ofra Haza
Julia Roberts
Alicia Silverstone
Grace Kelly
Kareena Kapoor

And if she were a man, she would be smart

Thomas Edison
Kenzo Tange
Fabio Cannavaro
Albert Einstein
Leon Lai

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I Got babe ruth, and Natalie Portman.... WHAT???

Ok in one pick- where my face was a little puffy from a summer of Euro-boozing I got:

Aleksander Lebed
Babe Ruth
Rinus Michels
Elizabeth Taylor
Consuelo Velazquez (SERIOUSLY UGLY)
John Rawls
Sir Edmund Hilary
Natalie Portman

In a Pic of me a year younger, before the euro-booze fest, and more like I look now actually:

Kirsten Dunst
Marlon Brando
antonio Banderas
Hans Frank
Ricky Martin
Ingrid Bergman
Denzel Washington
and again: natalie portman

I guess this has taught me that Beer makes me unattractive. I have thus learned a very valuable lesson. [Big Grin]

One that has come up in several more photos is Sergei Rohkmoninov. Not bad, I can live with that.

[ April 18, 2006, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: Orincoro ]

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I've long been curious what the software would do with actual pictures of celebrities we know to be in the database (although different pictures than those in the stack, of course). It would make for interesting play.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, this site is cool!

Picture #1:
Michelle Rodriguez: 74%.
Rachel Bilson: 71%
Brandon Fraser: 70% [Angst]

Picture #2:

Anne Hathaway: 75%.
Rachel Bilson: 70%.
Rachel Lee Cook: 68%.
Shakira: 67% [ROFL]
Cindy Crawford: 63%

Picture 3:
Jennifer Lopez: 67%
Sharon Stone: 66%
Beyonce Knowles: 65%

Picture 4:
Rachel Bilson: 64% (top result)

So, apparently, I look like Summer from the O.C.

Or, um, Hispanic. [Confused]

Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.