FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Groening talks about possible Futurama relaunch

Author Topic: Groening talks about possible Futurama relaunch
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the article.

I can't even put into words how happy that would make me.

To celebrate, or at least to anticipate, I saw we start a virtual candlelight vigil. Only, instead of candles we can use our favorite Futurama quotes. That way, even if I'm the only one excited about this I can quote for days.

Bender: You may need to metaphorically make a deal with the devil. By 'devil' I mean 'robot devil' and by 'metaphorically' I mean get your coat.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay [Smile] I hope so. Futurama's awesome. If I could still stay up late, I'd be watching Futurama and Family Guy on Adult Swim. Great stuff.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
This is spectacular news. I've watched the first two seasons into the ground, and am hoping to get the other two very soon.

Zap: Rock crushes scissors, but paper covers rock, and scissors cuts paper. Kiff! We have a conundrum.

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot the end of that quote.

Zap: Rock crushes scissors, but paper covers rock, and scissors cuts paper. Kiff! We have a conundrum. Search them for paper. And bring me a rock.

I think Zap Branigan is an absolutely genius character.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't swollow that!

Good news everyone, it's a suppository!

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
When trying to think of a favorite Futurama quote, my brain popped out of the top of my head and fell to the floor, unable to select just one. While it's over there, writhing, I give you:

All I want out of life is to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit. That's why I've decided to transfer to business school.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

Zoidberg: Only $14.99 for a two-record set. Two records! Ooh Zoidberg, at last you are becoming a crafty consumer. I'll take eight.
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
JT: I left it off on purpose, though the reason escapes me now. Something to do with quoteability, but that's obviously not an issue here.

Professor Farnsworth: You were all for preserving Hitler's brain, but putting it inside a shark's body...THAT'S GOING TOO FAR!!

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
"Oh cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee." - Bender
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
Bender: You're watching Futurama, the show that doesn't condone the cool crime of robbery.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo hoo!

Me: Kittens give Morbo gas. *burp*

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Zoidberg: "...And that's how I got my new shell. It looks just like the shell I threw out yesterday, and I found it in the same dumpster, but this one had a live racoon inside."

Woohoo! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
This would make my life complete. Or nearly. The only thing that wouldn't be checked off on my list of things to do would be arm wrestle Santa Claus.

Suicide Booth- "You have selected slow and painful. Have a nice day."

Bender- "Good choice, buddy."

Fry- "Hello? I'd like to make a collect call to..."

(Or something similar to the above.)

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Fry: It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for the winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns. And also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Fry: "I shall now do my peoples native dance, until they return my dog to me."
::Fry does the Hustle::

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

Bender: Hey, I'm one of those lazy robot bums I've been hearing about. Can you point me to the free booze?
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Nixon: "How are the Kids, Morbo?"

Morbo: "NUMEROUS AND BELLIGERENT!"

Nixon: "Good Man."

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

*after eating a hippie*

Lrrr: People of Earth-- Whoa, that hippie's starting to kick in. We've all learned a valuable lesson today. I realise now that-- Dude! My hands are huge! They can touch anything but themselves. [He puts his hands together.] Oh, wait.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

Futurama transcripts: http://www.geocities.com/theneutralplanet/
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

IMDB also has tons of quotes.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Neutral Vice President: Your Neutralness, it's a beige alert.
Neutral President: If I don't survive, tell my wife "Hello."

Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
You don't hear me not complainin'
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.