FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pun Smackdown XXXIX: Jolly olde Sandy Claws

Author Topic: Pun Smackdown XXXIX: Jolly olde Sandy Claws
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Marry Christmas? I couldn't do that! I'm already married. It'd be big of me, though.

Besides, being wedded to a tradition is so 1950's.

So, crank up the light show, hang some balls on the severed conifer in the living room, and quaff some spiked wassail under the missile's toe.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
After reading this, Bob, I wish you had obeyed my favorite Christmas tune....

Silent Night.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, you sleigh me.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone broke into our house, left a love note, and shoved dressing into our turkey. I think it was a stalking stuffer.

I think I'm gifted.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

And for you Non-Christians

Harpy
Holly
Dais

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Speaking of multiple spouses, Bob, if you acquired several more mates you could be one of the Three Wives Men.

[ December 23, 2005, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Pure gold, punwit. I think I've just had an epiphany: You're the king!

By the way, your 3rd link (to that conference) is a little fishy.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, all you do is loaf, so together you make a miracle...
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

I had to cast my eyes about that picture several times before I netted your theme.
punwit
Member # 6388

Considering that this holiday celebrates Jesus, shouldn't you Saviour best material for Sunday?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I was in my office when in walked a red head with a feather boa. You know, down on the breast and all that. She said, "A giant robot is trying to kill me." This didn't surprise me - my office is just outside tinsel town, so we get a lot of fruitcakes.

I said, "Get away! In a manga is where I expect to hear about giant robots. I donner who you think you're dealing with - you must be blitzen or something."

She said, "no, it's true. Let me tell you the story."

I said, "Alright, then. Get to the poinsetta."

"I holly know where to begin."

to be continued.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I expect she's balmy.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Maybe someone myrrh'd her?
punwit
Member # 6388

Found incised on the tomb of an exceptionally caustic Teutonic King rumored to have precognitive abilities: Rude Dolph The Red Knows Reigned Here
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Frank incensed me when he myrrhied my sister on a gold winter night.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite Christmas hymns is about that guy in "Monty Python's Holy Grail," who kept being chopped up by the other guy, but kept on fighting. I think it was called, "Oh, Holey Knight."
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a stuffy nose so Kwea told me to use Vixen it cleared right up!
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

"I was sitting on my porch when I heard a laud creche," she went on. "I looked up, and there was the giant robot, all decked out in silver and gold. 'You nave!' I yelled. 'You made a messiah here. Yule be sorry!'

That was when I ran here; I Herod you could help a woman in trouble."

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I heard that Santa Shhh-elved his plan for workplace noise abatement.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Bob, you sleigh me...
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
When Santa was interviewed about the thief who stole his sleigh filled with gifts, he said, "Well, if nothing else, he has very good presents of mine."
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

That makes no census, Liz.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I suppose you'd prefer a Noah count?
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you know why it takes a full year for the elves to make enough presents? Because they are always SHORT staffed.

PS, for a full case of my holiday puns, see the Santamarillion thread.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Today two air force noncom's face imminent dishonorable discharge due to the "don't Ask/Don't Tell" policy. They were caught making out underneeth the giant tractor that transports Saturn rockets.

Yes, they face dishonorable discharge for Kissing Underneath the Missle Tow.

Them and five other homosexual couples are suing the Air Force, stating that during the holidays is an inappropriate time to adminster such harsh discipline. Many claim that they were not homosexual, but fell under the influence of intoxicants at various holiday parties. They didn't know whom they were kissing. The case is registered with the courts as "The US Air Force VS The 12 Gays of Christmas."

On a lighter note, Old Navy has been pushing a new fleece lined docker. They are advertising it everywhere. Surely you've heard of "Fleece Navy Docs."

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.