FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » To start off the new year: The seven not-so-deadly sins

Author Topic: To start off the new year: The seven not-so-deadly sins
xtra
Member # 8924

- posted      Profile for xtra   Email xtra         Edit/Delete Post 
This should give less to worry about then the original ones.

I especially like nr. 2 and 3.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
6. IGNORANCE -- "It really irks God when someone prays to Him using poor grammar," the Bible scholar says.
[Evil Laugh]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Everyone has heard of the Seven Deadly Sins: Envy, Sloth, Gluttony, Wrath, Pride, Envy and Greed.
Um, they might want to rethink that...

...they have envy down twice. [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
What, are you jealous?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
That was not comforting at all, seeing as I've commited more of the deadly sorts of sins. Put me down for Sloppiness and Phoniness, though.
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Guess I'll stop going to church and just get all of my theological information from the Weekly World News. That sounds like a great idea.

Hey, look! Batboy is the real Messiah!

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I really messed up. I planned to commit all seven deadlies between Christmas and New Year's, and I'm missing sloth, envy, and greed.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a fan of all seven. But right now, I'm gonna have to go with wrath.

Oh, and Raia, they committed the sixth kinda deadly sin: not proofreading. That gets you darned to heck, and an old lady with her hair in a bun whacks your hand with a cubit-stick for eternity.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Shigosei: or a pica pole.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah, I remember picas. I still like to have things on a layout spaced one pica apart.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Put me down for Sloppiness and Phoniness, though.
PHONEY!!!!

[/Salinger]

I thought the seven deadly sins were sex, sexual interactions, f***ing, h*mping, sleeping, making love and losing cherries.

Then, the seven good deeds are: drinking Becherovka (sp?), drinking Jameson, drinking Glenfiddich, drinking Tullamore Dew, drinking Finlandia, drinking Bushmills 21 y.o. whiskey and drinking (Bushmills's) Black Bush.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Jonathan! You behave! There are children present! And you are not being funny. You are being vulgar and offensive.

Would you talk that way to your Tante?
Your Shvester?
Or me?

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Why put on a Pommy accent, though? It sucks. Put on a light Aussie one (like me), or a Galway one (I gave up on South African accents. - "Howard, don't spən the ball, bowl pace." - "Fine...! Why"? - "Better control; come on! Pace, not spən." So I bowl a leg-break. - "I told you, don't spən the ball! Just pace it along!" - "I wasn't spənning it! I was spinning it! Spin, spin, speeen!" - "Oh, just eat shit, Howard!").
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

You are going to get arrested for PUI -- posting under the influence. Get a grip, and get sober. [No No]

<am disappointed in Jon>

Onanism Thread
Member # 8525

- posted      Profile for Onanism Thread           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm disappointed that I was still left off the list.
Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You're on the Seven Sins that Really Tick Off Papa Moose list, OT.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Howard:
quote:
Put me down for Sloppiness and Phoniness, though.
PHONEY!!!!

[/Salinger]

I thought the seven deadly sins were sex, sexual interactions, f***ing, h*mping, sleeping, making love and losing cherries.

Then, the seven good deeds are: drinking Becherovka (sp?), drinking Jameson, drinking Glenfiddich, drinking Tullamore Dew, drinking Finlandia, drinking Bushmills 21 y.o. whiskey and drinking (Bushmills's) Black Bush.

What has happened to you Jonathon? I once thought of you as mature and pleasant to exchange words with. But now...not so much. You'd better get your act together. And this even worse because its coming from someone in your age group. Even I'm not THAT immature.

You're overdoing it.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onanism Thread
Member # 8525

- posted      Profile for Onanism Thread           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
You're on the Seven Sins that Really Tick Off Papa Moose list, OT.

Thank makes me so excited I could just... nevermind.

What are the other 6?

Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm a fan of all seven. But right now, I'm gonna have to go with wrath.
Serenity!

The funniest part of that line (to me) was the fact that I never would have remembered wrath as being one of the 7. So it took me completely off guard.

What's the other one?

Oh, yeah, Lust.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
As full of it as this article is (I'm laughing for most of it), It has a truth.

quote:
RUDENESS -- Even if the person you're talking to is only a "lowly" waitress, be polite.
Now, I would never consider my waitress "lowly". Or waiter for that matter as well. They bring food. You should treat them right anyway. However, my main point is just on rudeness. People could be a little nicer.

The rest, well can ... yeah.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Its nice to know my boring, phony, rude, annoying, ignorant, sloppy, family is going to purgetory after all.

Who knew that God liked a tidy kitchen after all?

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Tidy kitchens do not lead to the discovery of Penicillin, though.

I'm just sayin'.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
The discovery of Penicillin would be Science though, and particularly Biology. Apparently God doesn't like either of those things.

According to some people, anyway. [Wink]

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.